You are not logged in.

#401 2010-02-11 18:00:37

haggy
Website

Re: xbmc-git AUR package: discussion in here please

hehe big_smile i seriously doubt it's the symbols. but anyway. just re-install the old package without symbols.

#402 2010-02-11 18:06:51

PAdu92

hum this is really weird, segfaults with debug off

#403 2010-02-11 18:09:28

haggy
Website

with the old package or the newly compiled one?

#404 2010-02-11 18:10:02

PAdu92

new package

#405 2010-02-11 18:12:30

haggy
Website

hmm - if possible step in to #xbmc-linux on freenode and nag "bobo1on1". he's the guy i talked to.

#406 2010-02-11 18:15:03

PAdu92

weird, I just recompiled again with debug on and video settings work...... I guess I'll stay with debug

#407 2010-02-13 00:26:28

NobeyamaGP

I'm still having the segfault with certain files containing aac audio with the newest pkgbuild. I'm seriously out of ideas. It's annoying because I upgraded last week from an xbmc-svn build that was a month or two old that would play absolutely anything I threw at it, but wouldn't start after the Arch update to libpng14.

#408 2010-02-13 00:49:52

PAdu92

NobeyamaGP wrote:

I'm still having the segfault with certain files containing aac audio with the newest pkgbuild. I'm seriously out of ideas. It's annoying because I upgraded last week from an xbmc-svn build that was a month or two old that would play absolutely anything I threw at it, but wouldn't start after the Arch update to libpng14.

lol maybe like me you enable debug? big_smile

#409 2010-02-13 02:37:54

NobeyamaGP

I tried that earlier while I was trying to get more info about my crash. Also, the most up-to-date PKGBUILD which I just tried, has debug enabled to begin with.

#410 2010-02-13 08:56:18

haggy
Website

Could you please make a use of the new debug flag and post a full debug log / crashlog (in your home directory), after xbmc crashes? Will see what i can do...

#411 2010-02-13 10:25:46

dryfit

Got the following problem

make[1]: Map '/tmp/yaourt-tmp-root/aur-xbmc-svn/xbmc-svn/src/XBMC/tools/TexturePacker' wordt verlaten                                                                                                                
make -C skin/Confluence/media                                                                                                                                                                                        
make[1]: Map '/tmp/yaourt-tmp-root/aur-xbmc-svn/xbmc-svn/src/XBMC/skin/Confluence/media' wordt binnengegaan                                                                                                          
make -C ../../../tools/TexturePacker                                                                                                                                                                                 
make[2]: Map '/tmp/yaourt-tmp-root/aur-xbmc-svn/xbmc-svn/src/XBMC/tools/TexturePacker' wordt binnengegaan                                                                                                            
make[2]: Er is niets te doen voor 'all'.                                                                                                                                                                             
make[2]: Map '/tmp/yaourt-tmp-root/aur-xbmc-svn/xbmc-svn/src/XBMC/tools/TexturePacker' wordt verlaten                                                                                                                
../../../tools/TexturePacker/TexturePacker -input . -output Textures.xbt                                                                                                                                             
make[1]: *** [Textures.xbt] Ongeldige instructie                                                                                                                                                                     
make[1]: *** Verwijderen van bestand 'Textures.xbt'                                                                                                                                                                  
make[1]: Map '/tmp/yaourt-tmp-root/aur-xbmc-svn/xbmc-svn/src/XBMC/skin/Confluence/media' wordt verlaten                                                                                                              
make: *** [skins] Fout 2                                                                                                                                                                                             
==> ERROR: Build Failed.                                                                                                                                                                                             
    Aborting...                                                                                                                                                                                                      
Error: Makepkg was unable to build xbmc-svn package.

When i try the aur xmbc-svn. Using Chakra. Anoyone got a idea?

#412 2010-02-13 10:46:38

haggy
Website

dryfit - that's no error. it's way up the  log/screen output. Due to parallel compilation threads running, error simply scroll by. Please go to  /tmp/yaourt-tmp-root/aur-xbmc-svn/xbmc-svn/src/XBMC/ and run "make" - it'll stop at the error.

#413 2010-02-13 15:59:14

dryfit

haggy wrote:

dryfit - that's no error. it's way up the  log/screen output. Due to parallel compilation threads running, error simply scroll by. Please go to  /tmp/yaourt-tmp-root/aur-xbmc-svn/xbmc-svn/src/XBMC/ and run "make" - it'll stop at the error.

Did the thing you say and the this what i get ( last lines copy paste, not the whole thing )

make[1]: Map '/tmp/yaourt-tmp-root/aur-xbmc-svn/xbmc-svn/src/XBMC/tools/TexturePacker' wordt binnengegaan                                                                                                            
make[1]: Er is niets te doen voor 'all'.                                                                                                                                                                             
make[1]: Map '/tmp/yaourt-tmp-root/aur-xbmc-svn/xbmc-svn/src/XBMC/tools/TexturePacker' wordt verlaten                                                                                                                
Error creating file                                                                                                                                                                                                  
make: Map '/tmp/yaourt-tmp-root/aur-xbmc-svn/xbmc-svn/src/XBMC/skin/Confluence/media' wordt verlaten                                                                                                                 
[erwin@desktop XBMC]$ make[1]: Map '/tmp/yaourt-tmp-root/aur-xbmc-svn/xbmc-svn/src/XBMC/skin/Confluence/media' wordt binnengegaan                                                                                    
bash: make[1]:: opdracht niet gevonden                                                                                                                                                                               
[erwin@desktop XBMC]$ make -C ../../../tools/TexturePacker                                                                                                                                                           
make: *** ../../../tools/TexturePacker: Bestand of map bestaat niet.  Gestopt.                                                                                                                                       
[erwin@desktop XBMC]$ make[2]: Map '/tmp/yaourt-tmp-root/aur-xbmc-svn/xbmc-svn/src/XBMC/tools/TexturePacker' wordt binnengegaan                                                                                      
bash: make[2]:: opdracht niet gevonden                                                                                                                                                                               
[erwin@desktop XBMC]$ make[2]: Er is niets te doen voor 'all'.
[erwin@desktop XBMC]$ make[2]: Map '/tmp/yaourt-tmp-root/aur-xbmc-svn/xbmc-svn/src/XBMC/tools/TexturePacker' wordt verlaten
[erwin@desktop XBMC]$ ../../../tools/TexturePacker/TexturePacker -input . -output Textures.xbt
bash: ../../../tools/TexturePacker/TexturePacker: Bestand of map bestaat niet
[erwin@desktop XBMC]$ Error creating file
bash: Error: opdracht niet gevonden
[erwin@desktop XBMC]$ make[1]: Map '/tmp/yaourt-tmp-root/aur-xbmc-svn/xbmc-svn/src/XBMC/skin/Confluence/media' wordt verlaten
[erwin@desktop XBMC]$ make -C skin/PM3.HD/media
make: Map '/tmp/yaourt-tmp-root/aur-xbmc-svn/xbmc-svn/src/XBMC/skin/PM3.HD/media' wordt binnengegaan
make[1]: Map '/tmp/yaourt-tmp-root/aur-xbmc-svn/xbmc-svn/src/XBMC/tools/TexturePacker' wordt binnengegaan
make[1]: Er is niets te doen voor 'all'.
Error creating file
make: Map '/tmp/yaourt-tmp-root/aur-xbmc-svn/xbmc-svn/src/XBMC/skin/PM3.HD/media' wordt verlaten
[erwin@desktop XBMC]$ make[1]: Map '/tmp/yaourt-tmp-root/aur-xbmc-svn/xbmc-svn/src/XBMC/skin/PM3.HD/media' wordt binnengegaan
[erwin@desktop XBMC]$ make -C ../../../tools/TexturePacker
make: *** ../../../tools/TexturePacker: Bestand of map bestaat niet.  Gestopt.
[erwin@desktop XBMC]$ make[2]: Map '/tmp/yaourt-tmp-root/aur-xbmc-svn/xbmc-svn/src/XBMC/tools/TexturePacker' wordt binnengegaan
[erwin@desktop XBMC]$ make[2]: Er is niets te doen voor 'all'.
[erwin@desktop XBMC]$ make[2]: Map '/tmp/yaourt-tmp-root/aur-xbmc-svn/xbmc-svn/src/XBMC/tools/TexturePacker' wordt verlaten
[erwin@desktop XBMC]$ ../../../tools/TexturePacker/TexturePacker -input . -output Textures.xbt
bash: ../../../tools/TexturePacker/TexturePacker: Bestand of map bestaat niet
[erwin@desktop XBMC]$ Error creating file
bash: Error: opdracht niet gevonden
[erwin@desktop XBMC]$ make[1]: Map '/tmp/yaourt-tmp-root/aur-xbmc-svn/xbmc-svn/src/XBMC/skin/PM3.HD/media' wordt verlaten
[erwin@desktop XBMC]$

#414 2010-02-13 17:22:19

haggy
Website

Hmm - it breaks at PM3. Now if i only spoke dutch - what's "opdracht niet gevonden" ?

#415 2010-02-13 17:48:41

NobeyamaGP

Ok, here's my crash log with the newest build with debugging enabled: http://pastebin.com/m5c484535

#416 2010-02-13 18:51:51

dryfit

haggy wrote:

Now if i only spoke dutch - what's "opdracht niet gevonden" ?

Translation is : command not found wink

#417 2010-02-13 20:07:52

haggy
Website

Hu? never seen anything like that...
Please try this:

Go to: /tmp/yaourt-tmp-root/aur-xbmc-svn/xbmc-svn/src/XBMC
"make distclean"
/tmp/yaourt-tmp-root/aur-xbmc-svn/xbmc-svn/
makepkg

maybe you have some stale files lying around. Command not found should definitely not happen if you have all build requisites installed. yaourt should take care of this.

#418 2010-02-13 20:16:13

haggy
Website

NobeyamaGP: Seems like faad does not like the embedded audio stream. Does the file play in mplayer? If yes you might have found a bug in xbmc - at least it should not segfault. You might help us with a detailed backtrace of the crash. Please open a terminal, type "ulimit -c unlimited" (this will allow for core file usage) and reproduce the error. Your crashlog then should contain a backtrace at the top.

Cheers.

#419 2010-02-13 20:40:12

NobeyamaGP

Thanks for the reply haggy. Mplayer (vanilla svn:r30493) plays all these files perfectly. That's part of what makes this segfault so frustrating. I tried typing what you said into terminal and then running xbmc from the same terminal and it didn't seem to produce a backtrace in the crashlog. In fact the crashlog was shorter than the one I just posted...

#420 2010-02-13 20:51:14

haggy
Website

Hmm. no backtrace?! Do you have gdb installed?

#421 2010-02-13 22:04:52

dryfit

haggy wrote:

Hu? never seen anything like that...
Please try this:

Go to: /tmp/yaourt-tmp-root/aur-xbmc-svn/xbmc-svn/src/XBMC
"make distclean"
/tmp/yaourt-tmp-root/aur-xbmc-svn/xbmc-svn/
makepkg

maybe you have some stale files lying around. Command not found should definitely not happen if you have all build requisites installed. yaourt should take care of this.

Made a build map and did they makepkg there but it quits at same point. And like wiki say i installed base-devel to build aur packages.

Did a little research on xmbc forums and found something there. http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?t=61671 That person hase same error as me and i don't have a sse2 CPU to. Got athlon XP 2600+. That why it probably don't build for me.

Trying patch from post #252  now

Last edited by dryfit (2010-02-13 22:37:36)

#422 2010-02-13 22:30:28

NobeyamaGP

Thought for sure I had gdb installed. Turns out I didn't! That would make a difference. Here's the new crashlog w/ backtrace: http://pastebin.com/mda77905

#423 2010-02-14 01:00:49

ould

Hey Guys,

Disregard it seemed to be an issue with the skin I was using, just coincidental I updated both XBMC and the skin at the same time.

:-)

Kevin

Last edited by ould (2010-02-14 01:15:12)

#424 2010-02-14 10:15:31

haggy
Website

dryfit! Heh - i should really make some notes of strange compilation problems and their solutions. In fact we had the same problem a few pages back, though i didn't remember it. The problem is TexturePacker needs SSE2 or NO SSE wo work properly (the latter being considerably slower, but gladly you only need it to build skins).

Cheers.

#425 2010-02-14 10:16:37

haggy
Website

NobeyamaGP wrote:

Thought for sure I had gdb installed. Turns out I didn't! That would make a difference. Here's the new crashlog w/ backtrace: http://pastebin.com/mda77905

Maybe i should add gdb as a dependency while we're using --enable-debug... makes not much sense without it.

EDIT: Forgot what i wanted big_smile If you have a forum account over at the xbmc forums (http://forum.xbmc.org), please open a new thread in the Linux section describing your problem as this seems xbmc related (and not Arch). A little help to get attention is described here: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?t=34655

Thanks.

Last edited by haggy (2010-02-14 10:20:06)

Board footer