You are not logged in.

#501 2010-04-23 14:47:16

jack.mitchell
Website

Re: xbmc-git AUR package: discussion in here please

Using your pkgbuild from github I recieve the following error:

g++ -MD -c -march=x86-64 -mtune=generic -O2 -pipe -O2 -march=x86-64 -mtune=generic -O2 -pipe -O2 -g -D_DEBUG -Wall -march=x86-64 -mtune=generic -O2 -pipe -O2 -g -D_DEBUG -Wall -D_LINUX -D_FILE_DEFINED -D_REENTRANT -D_LARGEFILE64_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -DINSTALL_PATH="\"/usr/share/xbmc\"" -DHAS_SDL_JOYSTICK -D'SVN_REV="29411-ARCH"' -DHAVE_CONFIG_H  -I../ -I. -Ilinux -Icores -I../guilib -Iutils -IFileSystem -I/usr/include/freetype2 -Icores/dvdplayer -Icores/dvdplayer/Codecs/ffmpeg -Ilib/libUPnP/Platinum/Source/Core -Ilib/libUPnP/Platinum/Source/Platinum -Ilib/libUPnP/Platinum/Source/Devices/MediaServer -Ilib/libUPnP/Platinum/Source/Devices/MediaConnect -Ilib/libUPnP/Platinum/Source/Devices/MediaRenderer -Ilib/libUPnP/Neptune/Source/System/Posix -Ilib/libUPnP/Neptune/Source/Core -Ilib/libcdio/libcdio/include -I../lib/jsoncpp/jsoncpp/include -I/tmp/xbmc-svn/src/XBMC     -I/usr/include/fribidi     -I/usr/include/libpng14           -I/usr/include/ -I/usr/include/glib-2.0 -I/usr/lib/glib-2.0/include   -I/usr/include/freetype2         -I/usr/include/mysql -I/usr/include/alsa                 -I/usr/include/dbus-1.0 -I/usr/lib/dbus-1.0/include   -DDBUS_API_SUBJECT_TO_CHANGE -I/usr/include/hal -I/usr/include/dbus-1.0 -I/usr/lib/dbus-1.0/include   -D_GNU_SOURCE=1 -D_REENTRANT -I/usr/include/SDL   -DDBUS_API_SUBJECT_TO_CHANGE -I/usr/include/hal -I/usr/include/dbus-1.0 -I/usr/lib/dbus-1.0/include   -I/usr/include/lzo MusicDatabase.cpp -o MusicDatabase.o
{standard input}: Assembler messages:
{standard input}:99680: Warning: end of file not at end of a line; newline inserted
{standard input}:100931: Error: unknown pseudo-op: `.u'
g++: Internal error: Killed (program cc1plus)
Please submit a full bug report.
See <http://gcc.gnu.org/bugs.html> for instructions.
make[1]: *** [MusicDatabase.o] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/tmp/xbmc-svn/src/XBMC/xbmc'
make: *** [xbmc/xbmc.a] Error 2
==> ERROR: Build Failed.
    Aborting...
[jack@mediaserver xbmc-svn]$

Any idea what could be causing it?

SVN 29411

Cheers,
Jack.

#502 2010-04-23 18:19:47

DonVla

Updated to rev29459.
Plugins and addons do not work here, though I haven't removed ~/.xbmc, because I have all the conf files therein.
I'll try that later this weekend.

#503 2010-04-24 09:57:34

jack.mitchell
Website

Just updated, looks like I had an issue with my swap partition which was causing the compile to fail. Thanks for taking up the new packaging responsibilities!!!

#504 2010-04-24 13:05:53

tidalf

Same here DonVla...
The other thing about the new revisions is the db upgrade (and you cannot go backward... if you update your stuck there or you have to reimport/rebuild your db.)

(i've uploaded the PKGCONFIG for 28276 things on github here http://github.com/tidalf/xbmc-svn i'll try to add a branch later on your git ^^)

Last edited by tidalf (2010-04-24 13:06:26)

#505 2010-04-24 15:16:06

Perre

DonVla wrote:

Updated to rev29459.
Plugins and addons do not work here, though I haven't removed ~/.xbmc, because I have all the conf files therein.
I'll try that later this weekend.

I was a bit concerned when Haggy told us he was leaving for daddy duty, wasn't sure who would be able to adopt the package. I have to say you're doing a great job DonVla! smile
A quick question: Is it because of the disabled plugins that the "Recently added" window is empty? Since build r29157 it hasn't been working.

Edit: Found the answer to that one... roll

.:B:. wrote:

Does any of you guys have the recently added movies/episodes notification in the top right working with any of the newer SVN revisions? I am running 28744 (which works fine), but more recent SVN builds all seem to break that functionality.

Last edited by Perre (2010-04-25 19:28:25)

#506 2010-04-28 11:45:20

BlackIkeEagle
Package Maintainer (PM)

Versions greater than: 29558 have the skins also placed in addons

no longer in the old skins directory

keep this in mind when updating xbmc-svn greater than previous stated version, if you use some extra skins, they have to be rebuild to

Last edited by BlackIkeEagle (2010-04-28 11:46:28)

- Arch64 / Arch32 -- Desktops & Mediacenters & Laptops & home Servers
- MyAUR
- MyArchWiki
- pgp key: 0x796CA067

#507 2010-04-29 15:26:28

DonVla

Updated to rev29657. Plugins like "SVN Repo Installer" and skins do not seem to work.
Have I missed smth?

#508 2010-04-29 15:40:39

PAdu92

http://xbmc.org/theuni/2010/04/27/state-of-the-addons/

"For now the XBMC repo is in private testing so don't expect to see the functionality of the above screenshot just yet. There is still quite a bit of work to be done, but it's nice to be able to show off as things take form. To answer a popular (and valid) question: for the most part old addons will continue to work, but they will need to be accompanied by a new description file. We have not released the schema details yet because they are still in flux, but rest assured that the info is coming soon."

#509 2010-04-29 15:57:21

DonVla

Oh, that's pretty cool!
So no need for separate skin packages, the svn repo install script, etc in the future. That's convenient!

#510 2010-04-30 15:28:50

BlackIkeEagle
Package Maintainer (PM)

has someone already submitted the drop skindir patch at xbmc ?

- Arch64 / Arch32 -- Desktops & Mediacenters & Laptops & home Servers
- MyAUR
- MyArchWiki
- pgp key: 0x796CA067

#511 2010-05-05 12:21:23

tidalf

if plugins and scripts (and most of the time scrapers) aren't working xbmc is something like mplayer with the big useless menu smile
You waste your time building those revs.

#512 2010-05-07 08:29:02

clesch

Can someone tell me where I can find the PKGBUILD for 28276, the last build before the addon merge?

Its the last version that has been working really well for me and I just can't figure out how to downgrade.

#513 2010-05-07 09:27:49

DonVla

@tidalf:
First of all - this is a development version. xbmc-svn isn't stable.
That means upstream changes or even bugs are also in these revision releases. If the plugins/addons are disabled upstream, this also applies to this package. If you want a stable version with working stuff use xbmc from [community].
If you find some bugs, report them to the xbmc bugtracker.
I changed the install file a little. It says now:
"Note that this is a development version of XBMC.
If you encounter problems with XBMC don't forget to consult the official
xbmc forums found here: http://forum.xbmc.org
and report bugs to the xbmc bugtracker found here: http://trac.xbmc.org."
Because Haggy was part of the xbmc developers, it was sufficient to mention bugs here. This changed.

@clesch: In most cases it is ok to change the pkgver to 28276 (or revision you want) and run makepkg.
Tidalf has also made a PKGBUILD with changes from later revision backported to r28276. You can find them here: http://github.com/tidalf/xbmc-svn

@all:
I highly recommend setting up ccache in your /etc/makepkg.conf. This speeds up compilation significantly (not only for xmbc-svn).
"pacman -S ccache" and add "ccache" to your BUILDENV array in /etc/makepkg.conf (eg BUILDENV=(fakeroot !distcc color ccache)) and you´re done.
Archwiki: http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Cca … or_makepkg

Vlad

Last edited by DonVla (2010-05-07 09:40:11)

#514 2010-05-07 09:55:45

tidalf

@donvla
I clearly disagree with you, but I agree it's a matter of choice.
http://xbmc.org/theuni/2010/03/01/impen … ge-addons/
It states :
"Again, we ask that users of nightly builds take a break, and that third-party builders please suspend your releases for now. Builds at this time only make things harder for us. Really."
Thats why Haggy stopped at 28276.
most of the time xbmc-svn is stable and very usable. Since the merge it's not.

edit : and XBMC dev team DOESNT WANT bug reports right know.

@clesch you cannot just change the PKGVER to 28276 because of libssh, glib and udisks/upower updates in the arch side, that's why i've made the PKGBUILD and patchs in the link provided by DonVla.
by the way the udisks/upower patch had gone upstream, so the current svn version (even if its broken for many other features) should automount usb disks and suspend correctly smile

Last edited by tidalf (2010-05-07 09:57:44)

#515 2010-05-07 10:19:01

DonVla

tidalf wrote:

@donvla
I clearly disagree with you, but I agree it's a matter of choice.
http://xbmc.org/theuni/2010/03/01/impen … ge-addons/
It states :
"Again, we ask that users of nightly builds take a break, and that third-party builders please suspend your releases for now. Builds at this time only make things harder for us. Really."
Thats why Haggy stopped at 28276.
most of the time xbmc-svn is stable and very usable. Since the merge it's not.
edit : and XBMC dev team DOESNT WANT bug reports right know.

Ah, ok. Have missed this. I guess then it's the most sane decision to move back to 28276.
What do you think?

tidalf wrote:

@clesch you cannot just change the PKGVER to 28276 because of libssh, glib and udisks/upower updates in the arch side, that's why i've made the PKGBUILD and patchs in the link provided by DonVla.
by the way the udisks/upower patch had gone upstream, so the current svn version (even if its broken for many other features) should automount usb disks and suspend correctly smile

Hehe, tidalf is right. Forgot about the dependencies big_smile

BTW, I find the new svn versions usable. Ok, the plugins aren't working, but everything else (I've tried) seems to work.

#516 2010-05-07 11:39:16

tidalf

It's your call DonVla, I've told you my opinion on this thread one page ago smile
be aware that users of your builds will have broken db if you go backward. (I think they will have to manually remove their .xbmc folder or perhaps only the .db files)

I hope the addon framework  (and the central download part) will be finished soon (perhaps one week or two ?).

#517 2010-05-07 11:56:26

DonVla

tidalf wrote:

It's your call DonVla, I've told you my opinion on this thread one page ago smile
be aware that users of your builds will have broken db if you go backward. (I think they will have to manually remove their .xbmc folder or perhaps only the .db files)

As I said some weeks ago, I think I'm the wrong person for maintaining this package.
I have no idea how the xbmc development evolves.
I can submit the "newest" revision, but I cannot guarantee the built xbmc also works.
However, I've seen xbmc-svn always as a development/testing package, and most of the time it worked great for me (and still does). I can live with some broken plugins, as it is only temporarily.
About the db - it is quite common that stuff breaks with devel versions and rebuilding the db is not very hard (or do a simple backup).

I think the best solution is that someone who keeps track of the xbmc development adopts this package.
Till then I can maintain this package. I still use it frequently.

Vlad

Last edited by DonVla (2010-05-07 12:01:14)

#518 2010-05-07 18:42:14

tidalf

I'm sure you're the good one (no way I could do this).
I agree it's better now to keep it at currend rev and hopefully upstream will come with a working thing very soon!

#519 2010-05-07 22:28:17

PAdu92

hey guys, this is xbmc-svn, svn is for developement!!! so of course things get broken, but we also get new features..... When installing xbmc-svn instead of community/xbmc, that means you know what you are doing..... Just like if you activate the testiing repos for ArchLinux. So DonVia, keep up the good work that you are doing!

#520 2010-05-08 12:16:33

Perre

Just want to give my support to DonVla, maintaining this package seems to be alot of work and you're doing a great job!
xbmc-svn is under development and by using this package this is something we have to accept. Every once in a while things will be broken/stop working, but hopefully they'll be fixed after a (short tongue) period. Right now the only thing I'm having problems with is the "Recently added" plugins (but for more advanced users other things are probably buggy too).

I've always liked these xbmc-svn forum pages. People try to help each other out and when problems arise the explanation for them is usually found here. I also want to thank the more dedicated people here. You too are doing a great job! smile

(That was my little thank-you-note for those working on this package)

#521 2010-05-09 14:17:18

Perre

tidalf wrote:

Same here DonVla...
The other thing about the new revisions is the db upgrade (and you cannot go backward... if you update your stuck there or you have to reimport/rebuild your db.)

(i've uploaded the PKGCONFIG for 28276 things on github here http://github.com/tidalf/xbmc-svn i'll try to add a branch later on your git ^^)

Btw, shouldn't the "Recently added"-plugin be working with this rev? I downgraded but get "Error! Script failed: recentlyadded.py" on startup.

Edit: found the solution here: http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=50 … stcount=36
(Don't think it's the "tvshowview" that was giving me problems but getting a fresh copy of RecentlyAdded.py seems to do the trick)

Last edited by Perre (2010-05-09 15:11:10)

#522 2010-05-09 17:49:58

tidalf

Perre wrote:

Edit: found the solution here: http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=50 … stcount=36
(Don't think it's the "tvshowview" that was giving me problems but getting a fresh copy of RecentlyAdded.py seems to do the trick)

The post you linked say that the view doesn't exist anymore since 28114, so the fix seems cool,  i've added it to the git, thank you!

#523 2010-05-13 18:14:49

TelaKeppi

Was this resolved?

make[1]: *** [Textures.xbt] Illegal instruction
make[1]: *** Deleting file `Textures.xbt'
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/owen/builds/AUR/xbmc-svn/src/XBMC/skin/Confluence/media'
make: *** [skins] Error 2
==> ERROR: Build Failed.

I dont have SSE2 and I'm having problems getting it to compile. The SSE1 patch didn't work so i added -mno-sse and -mno-sse2 to my makepkg.conf but that didn't work either. If i get someone else to compile it for me, does it work without SSE2?

Edit;
Nevermind, just found this: http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/7661, looks like non-sse2 support is not coming back any time soon hmm

Last edited by TelaKeppi (2010-05-13 19:23:32)

#524 2010-05-20 10:30:56

jack.mitchell
Website

Does anybodies TV view work yet? This has been broken for quite a while now, or is it because they have moved it to the addons framework and havn't opened up the repository to testers yet? I try to keep up but it's easy to get lost roll

Jack.

#525 2010-05-28 19:27:48

uwinkelvos

TV view has imho never been in trunk, but in the pvrtesting branch. But last time i checked it, it was not that usefull with tvheadend.

Last edited by uwinkelvos (2010-05-28 19:28:54)

Board footer