You are not logged in.

#726 2012-04-12 14:04:36

Corpswalker

Re: xbmc-git AUR package: discussion in here please

I found the solution for our problem, but need a bit help from .:B:. ^_^

Short Story:
we have to use the eden branch from FernetMenta instead of master or xvba.

Long Story:
After getting in contact with FernetMenta, Opdenkamp (FernetMenta uses his repositories for xbmc) and looking at the official XBMC repository I found out that:
1. The master branches of them do not include all available patches
2. Master branches should be used only for developing purposes
3. FernetMenta and Opdenkamp don't use gcc4.7, but now they are informed ^_^
4. Actually the aur package uses the "xvba" branch, FernetMenta told me that this branch is merged in "master" and shouldn't be used anymore by us
5. XBMC's EDEN , Opdenkamps Eden-pvr and FernetMenta's Eden branches are the right one for us, the early adopters of gcc4.7

@.:B:.

Could you please build a package which uses the Eden branch from FernetMenta?
Trying that by myself I had some problems with the libpng patch in combination with the eden branch.

#727 2012-04-12 14:14:24

.:B:.
Forum Fellow
Website

Corpswalker, patches are identical. The usleep patch is included in both the stable and the git build. What OpenELEC is using is actually 'my' patch (fixing an include really isn't that difficult, but I did give it to the main dev).

Please use this topic for support:

https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=132503

I talked to some of the XvBA guys. Since they rebased on Eden recenly, the libpng patch should already be included, so you should leave it out. For now, it's as easy as replacing xvba with eden in the PKGBUILD.

As you might guess git is a moving target. I have included the hash of the working commit in the PKGBUILD so you might want to try using that to build.

Edit: sorry, misread - was supposed to be eden instead of master, corrected.

Last edited by .:B:. (2012-04-12 17:13:59)

Got Leenucks? :: Arch: Power in simplicity :: Get Counted! Registered Linux User #392717 :: Blog thingy

#728 2012-04-12 14:30:52

Corpswalker

.:B:., if you compare teh ffmpeg/patches folder of master and Eden branch you will see that master has 27 patches, while the second one has 78.

I will try to edit your PKGBUILD. Will post the result.

*Edit* I see you updated the PKGBUILD just when I was posting the solution ^_^.

Last edited by Corpswalker (2012-04-12 16:05:08)

#729 2012-04-12 14:36:04

.:B:.
Forum Fellow
Website

In the other thread please wink.

Edit: you should use the eden branch, not the master, it seems. Master has indeed a new ffmpeg, eden is what you want.

Last edited by .:B:. (2012-04-12 14:54:53)

Got Leenucks? :: Arch: Power in simplicity :: Get Counted! Registered Linux User #392717 :: Blog thingy

#730 2012-07-06 22:01:07

Trevor

I am wondering if anyone is experiencing the same issue after building this package.
After installation I open xbmc and add media movies and/or TV shows. xbmc does it's thing and recognises them and places them in the library.
The problem occurs when I clock on either movies or tv shows; xbmc spontaneously closes
I've tried it under a few DE's and by itself as an xbmc session, the problem still exits. I attempted a build about a month ago just after the HD release but I didnt have the time to work on it. I'd like to resolve it now and any help would be appreciated.
thanks

#731 2014-01-14 15:09:11

binaryjay

After a few weeks of being lax I rebuilt xbmc-git last night and installed it this morning only to find that a problem I've never had before with my setup is occurring.  Tearing.  I'm running it on a low power atom based HP thin client and crystalhd and Arch x86.

I thought at first maybe the upgrades to intel-dri,mesa et al. that occurred at the same time doing package upgrades may have been the cause but downgrading all of them didn't change anything.  Also booted into the last kernel version since a kernel upgrade also took place but no change.  This leaves only last night's pull of xbmc-git.

I was able to fix the tearing by disabling the option to match display refresh to video.  Normally this has always worked fine, switching my TV to 24p during movie playback... it still does change the mode to 24p but I get all sorts of tearing.  When I leave the option off and let it play videos in 60hz the tearing is gone.

Can anybody else with access to regular intel video hardware (or even other, just using the aforementioned playback option) confirm that there is a regression in xbmc gotham here?

I highly doubt crystalhd is at fault since I don't think they have updated the codebase upstream for many moons now.

Edit;  I was able to get the tearing to go away only by enabling the intel TearFree option in xorg.conf which I never had to use before now... strange... not sure what exactly changed that caused this.

Last edited by binaryjay (2014-01-14 21:38:01)

#732 2016-08-12 13:58:34

normanu

.:B:. wrote:
thymus wrote:
ould wrote:

SOLVED. My clock was ahead by about 45 mins for some reason. Reset clock and the package built successfully first try. Woot!

I haven't built this since the package was called xbmc-svn. I figured I was probably due for an update as quite a bit of time has passed so I attempted to update to xbmc-git. I keep getting the following error though.

==> Entering fakeroot environment...
==> Starting package()...
==> Running make install
Copying XBMC binary to /home/kevin/builds/xbmc-git/pkg/usr/lib/xbmc/xbmc.bin
install: cannot stat `xbmc.bin': No such file or directory
make: *** [install-binaries] Error 1
install: cannot stat `/home/kevin/builds/xbmc-git/src/xbmc/xbmc-xrandr': No such file or directory
    Aborting...

Any ideas? I have tried a few times but keep getting the same error.

Kevin

Hello hello

For the xrandr issue, just install xorg-xrandr and it should work smile

BTW, I would suggest that:
extra/gtk-update-icon-cache
extra/xorg-xrandr

be dependencies for this package to build correctly smile
extra/gtk-update-icon-cache should not be "needed" but since the command is used... Or the PKGBUILD checks before if the command exists of not. For the moment, if the command does not exist, the full build will simply fail.

Here are my remarks so far wink

Thx for this PKGBUILD wink

Cheers,

Thymus

The xrandr issue is an error from my part... I reported it on the AUR package page, might not have been updated yet.

* B apologises

I just removed the gtk-update-icon-cache call from my PKGBUILD.

I have this same error while building openpht package.
But just installing xorg-xrandr doesn't fix it.

Can you remember what you did to fix it?

mv: cannot stat '/home/norman/openpht/pkg/openpht/usr/bin/system': No such file or directory
mv: cannot stat '/home/norman/openpht/pkg/openpht/usr/bin/xbmc-xrandr': No such file or directory
==> ERROR: A failure occurred in package().
Aborting...

Board footer