You are not logged in.

#26 2009-08-01 00:08:40

ataraxia

Re: Patching DWM

firecat53 wrote:

@Dethredic -- are you using multiple monitors? I'm on a laptop, so am not using Xinerama, and the original fix (sh = DisplayHeight(dpy, screen) - BOTTOM_BAR_HEIGHT;) works for me.

@ataraxia -- would the fix need to be in both places? One fix for people with one monitor and one fix for people using Xinerama? Because I tried your fix (m->mh = m->wh = info[i].height - BOTTOM_BAR_HEIGHT;) and it didn't work on my laptop, whereas the the original fix posted above does work for me?

Thanks!
Scott

It's about whether you compile with Xinerama support, not whether you actually use it.

Applying both changes seems reasonable. The important thing at first glance is to make sure m->mh and m->wh are reduced by the right amount of space to fit the conky, but I don't know what else sh is used for - it's a bit hard to search for such a short name.

I haven't actually tested this change. I do use dwm, but not with a gap like this. On a related note, I do have versions of the gaplessgrid and fibonacci patches that apply to the current hg tip.

#27 2009-08-01 00:28:51

firecat53
Website

ataraxia wrote:

It's about whether you compile with Xinerama support, not whether you actually use it.

I looked at Dethredic's config/compile setup, and he's using the same PKGBUILD from ABS that I am. I believe our config.mk is the same -- both should be compiling with Xinerama support, I think. Would there be something else that would make a difference?

Thanks,
Scott

edit: I also tried enabling Xinerama in xorg.conf (even though I've only got one monitor), but the initial bottom bar patch was still the only one that worked.

Last edited by firecat53 (2009-08-01 05:33:58)

#28 2009-08-01 00:54:41

Dethredic
Website

firecat53 wrote:

@Dethredic -- are you using multiple monitors? I'm on a laptop, so am not using Xinerama, and the original fix (sh = DisplayHeight(dpy, screen) - BOTTOM_BAR_HEIGHT;) works for me.

@ataraxia -- would the fix need to be in both places? One fix for people with one monitor and one fix for people using Xinerama? Because I tried your fix (m->mh = m->wh = info[i].height - BOTTOM_BAR_HEIGHT;) and it didn't work on my laptop, whereas the the original fix posted above does work for me?

Thanks!
Scott

I have a laptop as well

Board footer