You are not logged in.

#726 2011-04-06 18:24:04

martin_herndl
Member
From: Austria
Registered: 2008-11-24
Posts: 21

Re: gnome unstable repository

Has anyone of you had problems with gnome 3 and nvida?
I'm experiencing freezes in gnome (X alone seems to be working fine) with the current nvidia driver (270.30-4) right after the gnome shell/desktop finished loading. Nouveau would work, but it seems rather slow to me.
EDIT: maybe I should note that I'm currently not using a xorg.conf configuration file but there are not any kind of errors or warnings in the Xorg.0.log file which could help me

Last edited by martin_herndl (2011-04-06 18:38:32)

Offline

#727 2011-04-06 18:37:10

jolinfire
Member
From: France
Registered: 2007-12-21
Posts: 176

Re: gnome unstable repository

wonder wrote:

i need to rebuild it and push it in gnome-unstable. thanks jolinfire

Well, I tweaked ripping options in rhythmbox for now. Anyway, happy to help wink

And crash clicking on printer in gnome-control-center is gone thanks to last gnome-CC version.

Maybe Rhythmbox will need a rebuild because album covert display is broken sad

Last edited by jolinfire (2011-04-06 18:38:06)

Offline

#728 2011-04-06 18:37:29

Kernald
Member
From: Toulouse, France
Registered: 2011-03-13
Posts: 32

Re: gnome unstable repository

ato10 wrote:

$ gnome-system-monitor
gnome-system-monitor: /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.15' not found (required by gnome-system-monitor)
gnome-system-monitor: /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.15' not found (required by /usr/lib/libgtkmm-3.0.so.1)
gnome-system-monitor: /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.15' not found (required by /usr/lib/libglibmm-2.4.so.1)

This is the error i've got today on gnome-system-monitor.

You have a problem with your testing repository: have you multilib enabled, and not multilib-testing ? (thanks wonder big_smile)

Offline

#729 2011-04-06 19:06:10

A_ch
Member
Registered: 2011-03-27
Posts: 14

Re: gnome unstable repository

martin_herndl wrote:

Has anyone of you had problems with gnome 3 and nvida?
I'm experiencing freezes in gnome (X alone seems to be working fine) with the current nvidia driver (270.30-4) right after the gnome shell/desktop finished loading. Nouveau would work, but it seems rather slow to me.
EDIT: maybe I should note that I'm currently not using a xorg.conf configuration file but there are not any kind of errors or warnings in the Xorg.0.log file which could help me

I guess its similar to my problem or the same. I realized that my freeze occurred when upgrading to xorg-1.10 and nvidida-270. Downgrading didn't work cuz something else stopped working and I am not that used to Arch to solve this by my own. So I will wait for an update :-D

Offline

#730 2011-04-06 20:37:26

michal.penka
Member
From: Czech Republic
Registered: 2011-04-01
Posts: 8
Website

Re: gnome unstable repository

I just wondered how can I access GNOME activity journal? I thought GNOME 3 will be tightly integrated with Zeitgeist and now I can't see any news about it. Shouldn't it be dependency of 3rd GNOME?

Anyway, thank you packager(s)! Now with rhythmbox working I have almost perfect modern desktop environment wink

Offline

#731 2011-04-06 20:44:24

okubax
Member
From: London
Registered: 2010-04-24
Posts: 203
Website

Re: gnome unstable repository

Am just wondering if there is a way back(to gnome 2) after enabling and installing gnome unstable. I'm quite happy with it on my laptop but just wanted to know before I try it on my other one

Offline

#732 2011-04-06 20:58:15

wonder
Developer
From: Bucharest, Romania
Registered: 2006-07-05
Posts: 5,937
Website

Re: gnome unstable repository

michal.penka wrote:

I just wondered how can I access GNOME activity journal? I thought GNOME 3 will be tightly integrated with Zeitgeist and now I can't see any news about it. Shouldn't it be dependency of 3rd GNOME?

Anyway, thank you packager(s)! Now with rhythmbox working I have almost perfect modern desktop environment wink


nothing in gnome 3 depends on Zeitgeist. Maybe they would try again for 3.2 to include


Give what you have. To someone, it may be better than you dare to think.

Offline

#733 2011-04-06 20:59:26

alex952
Member
From: Alicante, Spain
Registered: 2011-04-04
Posts: 2
Website

Re: gnome unstable repository

I'm having troubles installing Gnome 3. When I try to install it checks for conflicts with other packages and gives me a bunch of errors about gtk (I guess...).

There are packages like gtk-update-icon-cache or libwnck3 that I cannot uninstall.

What can I do?  Thanks guys

Offline

#734 2011-04-06 21:04:05

Ockonal
Member
From: Ukraine
Registered: 2010-10-11
Posts: 48
Website

Re: gnome unstable repository

So, gnome is out! When it will be in Arch repos (not testing)?

Offline

#735 2011-04-06 21:05:40

ato10
Member
Registered: 2010-03-07
Posts: 12

Re: gnome unstable repository

Kernald wrote:
ato10 wrote:

$ gnome-system-monitor
gnome-system-monitor: /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.15' not found (required by gnome-system-monitor)
gnome-system-monitor: /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.15' not found (required by /usr/lib/libgtkmm-3.0.so.1)
gnome-system-monitor: /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.15' not found (required by /usr/lib/libglibmm-2.4.so.1)

This is the error i've got today on gnome-system-monitor.

You have a problem with your testing repository: have you multilib enabled, and not multilib-testing ? (thanks wonder big_smile)

thanks, I had multilib before multilib-testing in my pacman.conf wink
my fault

Offline

#736 2011-04-06 21:18:38

misc
Member
From: Bavaria, Germany
Registered: 2010-03-22
Posts: 115

Re: gnome unstable repository

misc wrote:

Regarding themes again, I've read reports that said it can be chosen for gtk3 via gnome-appearance-properties. In 2.32 that's provided by the gnome-control-center package, but now it's gone?

Ah, so there is gnome-tweak-tool as GUI now. Well, for me it doesn't change anything aside from keeping the settings for itself. And now gnome-settings-daemon sigsegvs after "** (gnome-settings-daemon:15032): WARNING **: Name taken or bus went away - shutting down". Oh well…

Last edited by misc (2011-04-06 21:19:22)

Offline

#737 2011-04-06 21:19:25

scenox
Member
Registered: 2010-07-19
Posts: 63

Re: gnome unstable repository

Ockonal wrote:

So, gnome is out! When it will be in Arch repos (not testing)?

When it's ready.

Last edited by scenox (2011-04-06 21:20:07)

Offline

#738 2011-04-06 21:43:01

Hund
Member
From: Sweden
Registered: 2010-03-22
Posts: 478
Website

Re: gnome unstable repository

$ gnome-shell
gnome-shell: error while loading shared libraries: libtelepathy-logger.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Whats wrong?

Offline

#739 2011-04-06 22:25:42

wonder
Developer
From: Bucharest, Romania
Registered: 2006-07-05
Posts: 5,937
Website

Re: gnome unstable repository

@Hund you should really enable gnome-unstable in the right way


Give what you have. To someone, it may be better than you dare to think.

Offline

#740 2011-04-06 22:27:27

Hund
Member
From: Sweden
Registered: 2010-03-22
Posts: 478
Website

Re: gnome unstable repository

wonder wrote:

@Hund you should really enable gnome-unstable in the right way

I followed the wiki? Whats the right way?

Offline

#741 2011-04-06 22:30:37

wonder
Developer
From: Bucharest, Romania
Registered: 2006-07-05
Posts: 5,937
Website

Re: gnome unstable repository

Hund wrote:
wonder wrote:

@Hund you should really enable gnome-unstable in the right way

I followed the wiki? Whats the right way?

the repository order in pacman.conf...


Give what you have. To someone, it may be better than you dare to think.

Offline

#742 2011-04-06 22:40:27

sumpfbeere
Member
Registered: 2011-02-24
Posts: 2

Re: gnome unstable repository

Hey guys!

I got the problem that gnome-shell isn't always starting -> there is just the background and i can't do anything. When i start it manually in a terminal it works fine. Anybody got the same problem?

How can autostart applications be set in gnome3?

Offline

#743 2011-04-07 04:51:42

jolinfire
Member
From: France
Registered: 2007-12-21
Posts: 176

Re: gnome unstable repository

Sound-juicer works again ! Thanks ! Will try to look at rhythmbox cover problem !

Thanks @wonder for your wonderful work !

Offline

#744 2011-04-07 05:54:54

Kernald
Member
From: Toulouse, France
Registered: 2011-03-13
Posts: 32

Re: gnome unstable repository

jolinfire wrote:

Sound-juicer works again ! Thanks ! Will try to look at rhythmbox cover problem !

Thanks @wonder for your wonderful work !

I don't have any problem with covers on Rhythmbox… Have-you the cover plugin enabled ? smile

Offline

#745 2011-04-07 06:51:06

jolinfire
Member
From: France
Registered: 2007-12-21
Posts: 176

Re: gnome unstable repository

@Kernald : of course, it is enabled.

Rhythmbox shouts this :

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/rhythmbox/plugins/artdisplay/__init__.py", line 425, in playing_entry_changed
    self.set_entry(entry)
  File "/usr/lib/rhythmbox/plugins/artdisplay/__init__.py", line 437, in set_entry
    self.art_db.get_pixbuf(db, entry, True, self.on_get_pixbuf_completed)
  File "/usr/lib/rhythmbox/plugins/artdisplay/CoverArtDatabase.py", line 206, in get_pixbuf
    rb.Coroutine (self.image_search, db, st_album, st_artist, entry, is_playing, callback).begin ()
  File "/usr/lib/rhythmbox/plugins/rb/Coroutine.py", line 57, in begin
    self._resume ()
  File "/usr/lib/rhythmbox/plugins/rb/Coroutine.py", line 46, in _resume
    self._continuation.next ()
  File "/usr/lib/rhythmbox/plugins/artdisplay/CoverArtDatabase.py", line 249, in image_search
    engine.search (db, entry, is_playing, plexer.send ())
  File "/usr/lib/rhythmbox/plugins/artdisplay/LocalCoverArtSearch.py", line 113, in search
    enumfiles = parent.enumerate_children_async("standard::content-type,access::can-read,standard::name", 0, 0, None, self._enum_children_cb, (on_search_completed_cb, entry, args))
TypeError: an integer is required

Offline

#746 2011-04-07 07:05:50

michal.penka
Member
From: Czech Republic
Registered: 2011-04-01
Posts: 8
Website

Re: gnome unstable repository

Kernald wrote:
jolinfire wrote:

Sound-juicer works again ! Thanks ! Will try to look at rhythmbox cover problem !

Thanks @wonder for your wonderful work !

I don't have any problem with covers on Rhythmbox… Have-you the cover plugin enabled ? smile

I have the problem with covers as well, however, I access my audio database via DAAP plugin (not locally). Anybody to confirm this issue as well?

Offline

#747 2011-04-07 07:42:00

Hund
Member
From: Sweden
Registered: 2010-03-22
Posts: 478
Website

Re: gnome unstable repository

wonder wrote:
Hund wrote:
wonder wrote:

@Hund you should really enable gnome-unstable in the right way

I followed the wiki? Whats the right way?

the repository order in pacman.conf...

Ah, got it to work now, almoust. Now I get the message something whent wrong and it ask me if I want to logout. Seemse like I cant get the gnome-shell to work.

Offline

#748 2011-04-07 08:31:00

gregorburger
Member
From: Innsbruck, Tirol, Austria
Registered: 2009-10-12
Posts: 5

Re: gnome unstable repository

Hi,

can somebody please confirm that qt textviews (like the one used in qtcreator) have update problems with
nvidia proprietary drivers in mutter?

how to reproduce:

start gnome-shell
open qtcreator
open big file
scroll up down
select line

to expect:
weird render update behavior

don't know if this is a upstream bug or something else!

i can remember though that compiz had some qt workarounds. maybe they should be implemented
in mutter!

Offline

#749 2011-04-07 08:52:53

mango123
Member
From: Moscow, RU
Registered: 2009-01-24
Posts: 19
Website

Re: gnome unstable repository

how add applets to gnome-panel?
applets from /usr/share/gnome-panel/4.0/applets

Offline

#750 2011-04-07 08:58:20

espace.ariane
Member
Registered: 2010-07-02
Posts: 18

Re: gnome unstable repository

GTK3 apps consume a lot of vertical space, such as the ~toolbar in nautilus. Is there any way to reduce the size of those toolbars ?

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB