You are not logged in.

#26 2011-03-01 14:50:32

Evanlec
Website

Re: Urxvt pasting from clipboard.. efficient, fast, clean

Well I hate to say it, and I know this thread is old but all of these solutions are....kinda crappy...also I would never bind my Super (windows) key to copy/paste, that key is for window-manager functions ONLY.
Has anyone come up with a less hackish way of dealing with this?

I'm usually fine with just pasting primary selection only into urxvt ... rarely do I care at all about clipboard...though on ocassion I find
myself highly annoyed when I have to go back and re-select something from web browser because for whatever reason it dissapeared
from my selection buffer...

It's interesting that shift+insert pastes primary selection in urxvt, but in all other apps in pastes clipboard, I don't want it to paste the clipboard in any app...thats what ctrl+v is for. I wanted a keybind to make shift+insert paste from primary selection only (so I never have to middle-click again, I hate middle clicking).

#27 2011-04-23 13:41:49

Cristhyano

Try using parcellite as a daemon.

#28 2011-04-23 14:05:49

igndenok

Cristhyano wrote:

Try using parcellite as a daemon.

Or you can set Preferences -> Use Primary (Selection) and Synchronize clipboards. I can use copy/paster from urxvt to firefox and vice versa (also by default you can copy from firefox with selection text only, no ^C)

Ask, and it shall be given you.
Seek, and ye shall find.
Knock, and it shall be opened unto you.

#29 2011-04-23 16:53:56

rwd

Dieter, I know this doesn't directly answer your question, but why not switch to a terminal emulator which supports both primary and secondary cliboards out of the box, like XFCE's 'terminal' ?

Last edited by rwd (2011-04-23 17:20:46)

#30 2011-04-24 10:35:25

silenc3r

Take a look at urxvt-perls-git. I know it's a bit overkill for just copying/pasting things, but I belive you'll find keyboard-select and url-select useful. If not, you can always download only cplipboard script from here.
You can check out those topics as well:
https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=102972
https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=102671

Board footer