You are not logged in.

#301 2010-06-18 15:01:18

quigybo

Re: zathura - a PDF viewer

Hey. I tried ebcebb03be and the adjust_open and zoom commands work well. Thanks.

However from 71e3d2efed on none of my keys work. No matter what key I press, it is unrecognised and goes directly into the status bar and not the input bar. If I revert the changes you made to cb_view_kb_pressed it works fine again. Is anybody else having the same issue?

The special keys work well in 71e3d2efed (with the changes to cb_view_kb_pressed reverted). Good stuff.

On an unrelated and rather low priority note, when typing a command in the input bar C-w always deletes the last word on the line, not the word next to the cursor.

#302 2010-06-18 19:43:53

neldoreth

Hello,

quigybo wrote:

However from 71e3d2efed on none of my keys work. No matter what key I press, it is unrecognised and goes directly into the status bar and not the input bar. If I revert the changes you made to cb_view_kb_pressed it works fine again. Is anybody else having the same issue?

Hm, it works fine here - I changed the behaviour of cb_view_kb_pressed, because now the order of the shortcuts should not matter.

Best regards

pwmt.org : programs with movie titles

#303 2010-06-18 21:39:49

q0tsa

I just tried out zathura and I love it. As a vim user I feel right at home. Thanks for your great work!

I also added hjkl-navigation and some other keys in fullscreen mode through config.h. Out of curiousity, why are most of the keys that work in normal mode not mapped in fullscreen mode by default?

#304 2010-06-19 08:03:10

neldoreth

Hello,

quigybo wrote:

Please checkout the latest git version. I found a >bug< concerning the key bindings. For an example when you specified the key to GDK_A you also had to specify the modifier to GDK_SHIFT_MASK. This should be fixed now.

Best regards

#305 2010-06-19 09:07:43

quigybo

I tried 7167b2e501 and it is a bit better but still not working quite right. Some commands do work, while others do not. Some of the ones that do are j, J, k, K, r, R, a, s, :, /, while others like C-q, F5, Esc, Tab do not (in normal mode). Any ideas?

#306 2010-06-19 09:56:18

neldoreth

Hello,

quigybo wrote:

I tried 7167b2e501 and it is a bit better but still not working quite right. Some commands do work, while others do not. Some of the ones that do are j, J, k, K, r, R, a, s, :, /, while others like C-q, F5, Esc, Tab do not (in normal mode). Any ideas?

Like I said, it works just fine here. Maybe you can join the irc channel #pwmt at irc.oftc.net later today.

Best regards

#307 2010-06-19 14:44:55

quigybo

neldoreth wrote:
quigybo wrote:

Like I said, it works just fine here. Maybe you can join the irc channel #pwmt at irc.oftc.net later today.

Just to make it public in case anybody else was having my issue, we have resolved it with commit 0c04bc65ea.

#308 2010-06-21 19:53:34

lordmetroid

Trying to get a little bit of order on the config files of various software, I think it is better if the configuration files are located in ~/.config/zathura/

I am also wonder if it is possible to adjust the zoom with C-mousewheel and if it is possible to have a continious rendering instead of page wise and a mode for two pages side by side rendered?

#309 2010-06-21 20:13:24

neldoreth

Hello,

lordmetroid wrote:

Trying to get a little bit of order on the config files of various software, I think it is better if the configuration files are located in ~/.config/zathura/

Yes.

lordmetroid wrote:

I am also wonder if it is possible to adjust the zoom with C-mousewheel and if it is possible to have a continious rendering instead of page wise and a mode for two pages side by side rendered?

Maybe some day.

Best regards

#310 2010-06-21 20:14:26

neldoreth

Hello,

I just wanted to mention that zathura 0.0.7 is out:

* Change window title to filename
    * Fixation of the URI command
    * Updated the behaviour of sc_scroll
    * Half/Full-page scrolling
    * Check document health in sc_reload
    * tabbed support
    * Define look with the set function
    * Implemented map function
    * zathurarc file
    * Prevent buffer overflow in realpath
    * Strip executeable
    * Key evaluation when buffer is not empty
    * Manpage update

Best regards

#311 2010-06-21 21:39:59

aeosynth
Website

Hi,

Neither `set show_inputbar` nor `set show_statusbar` seem to work. Also, the `set` commands don't show any feedback - `set asdf` does nothing silently. Seeing a red error message would help me know I was doing something wrong.

I said this in irc, but I'd like the inputbar and statusbar merged so I wouldn't have to hide one.

When in the inputbar, backspacing over the first character should unfocus the bar, like in vim.

Also a couple readline commands would be nice (^H, ^F, ^B, ^C). ^C clears the buffer, but it should also clear and unfocus the inputbar.

Thanks.

#312 2010-06-21 21:59:27

neldoreth

Hello,

aeosynth wrote:

Neither `set show_inputbar` nor `set show_statusbar` seem to work. Also, the `set` commands don't show any feedback - `set asdf` does nothing silently. Seeing a red error message would help me know I was doing something wrong.

The manpage says "set    Set an option (set <id> <value>)" and "set show_inputbar 0" or "set show_statusbar 0" work just fine.

aeosynth wrote:

I said this in irc, but I'd like the inputbar and statusbar merged so I wouldn't have to hide one.

If you hide the inputbar it just appears when its necessary.

Also a couple readline commands would be nice (^H, ^F, ^B, ^C). ^C clears the buffer, but it should also clear and unfocus the inputbar.

When >view< is focused, ^c just aborts everything (clears buffer, move back to normal mode). This has nothing to do with the inputbar.

Best regards

#313 2010-06-21 22:45:13

aeosynth
Website

Hm, it didn't work when I installed from git manually, but with the aur package it works just fine.

The boolean set commands actually work fine without specifying <value>. And the manpage doesn't say what the allowed values are, so I was trying true / false with various capitalizations.

neldoreth wrote:

If you hide the inputbar it just appears when its necessary.

Yes, but I'd prefer reusing the statusbar so the page doesn't jump.

neldoreth wrote:

When >view< is focused, ^c just aborts everything (clears buffer, move back to normal mode). This has nothing to do with the inputbar.

What I meant is that when I'm typing commands in the inputbar, ^c doesn't abort anything. When I'm typing buffered commands that show up in the statusbar, ^c aborts correctly; I'd like this functionality for the inputbar as well.

Thanks.

#314 2010-06-21 23:34:58

aeosynth
Website

Another thing, when typing buffered commands, zathura should check to see if any commands can possibly be matched, and if not, stop buffering. If a command doesn't start with [gGz0-9], and the user hasn't set up any buffered commands in his zathurarc (which isn't even possible currently), it shouldn't be buffered.

#315 2010-06-22 00:13:29

neldoreth

Hello,

aeosynth wrote:

What I meant is that when I'm typing commands in the inputbar, ^c doesn't abort anything. When I'm typing buffered commands that show up in the statusbar, ^c aborts correctly; I'd like this functionality for the inputbar as well.

It is in the git repository now (you could just added the shortcut that existed for Escape for ^c too) as long as some other string/cursor manipulations.

aeosynth wrote:

Another thing, when typing buffered commands, zathura should check to see if any commands can possibly be matched, and if not, stop buffering. If a command doesn't start with [gGz0-9], and the user hasn't set up any buffered commands in his zathurarc (which isn't even possible currently), it shouldn't be buffered.

If you find a trivial solution for this let me know.

Best regards

#316 2010-06-22 11:29:09

Möller

Is it possible to set a specific zoompercentage in the zathurarc-file? Looked through this thread but haven't found anything.

#317 2010-06-22 13:45:22

neldoreth

Hello,

Möller wrote:

Is it possible to set a specific zoompercentage in the zathurarc-file? Looked through this thread but haven't found anything.

Just add the following line into the config.h under settings:

{"scale",                  &(Zathura.PDF.scale),               'i',   TRUE,    FALSE,   "Zoom level"},

I can't see any sense of specifying the default zoom level, though there is adjust_open.

Best regards

#318 2010-06-23 18:52:57

cleanrock

Its great that zathura is minimalistic and all but i really think it needs some speeding up to be usable.
Changing pages takes a long time compared to e.g. evince, i think some kind of caching is needed.

Perhaps i missed some option to make zathura quicker, if so, please enlighten me.

#319 2010-06-23 19:12:20

neldoreth

Hello,

cleanrock wrote:

Its great that zathura is minimalistic and all but i really think it needs some speeding up to be usable. Changing pages takes a long time compared to e.g. evince, i think some kind of caching is needed..

It only needs very long (at least for me on my eee pc) for big PDFs with large images, but this occurs on evince too (apart from that it uses a continious view and so preloads some pages), just starting scrolling very fast. But I guess I will add the functionality to preload the previous and next page in the background (I once started to do that for alle pages, but the memory consumption is very high.

Best regards

#320 2010-06-24 19:41:03

spaceone

I wanted to assign plus (KP_Add) and minus (KP_Subtract) to ZOOM_IN and ZOOM_OUT instead of zI and Z0 in buffer commands, so that it looks like that:
{"^KP_Add$",         bcmd_zoom,       { ZOOM_IN } },
{"^KP_Subtract$",         bcmd_zoom,       { ZOOM_OUT } },

I hope that I didn't do something wrong but when compiled those two keys are not responding . Is it possible to assign those two keys to zoom functions ?

This is awsome pdf viewer. Amongst the fastest.

Regards
Andrej

Last edited by spaceone (2010-06-24 19:41:47)

#321 2010-06-24 19:50:35

tzervo

With the new versions, it is possible to put keybindings in a rc file. Check here, there are examples as well.

#322 2010-06-24 20:45:16

spaceone

Thanks for advice. I emerged version 0.0.7.

I zathurarc there is:
map + zoom in
map - zoom out

Key for + in my keyboard layout is one left from backspace and minus is one left from RShit and they're working ok in zathura.
Plus and minus on my keypad aren't active.

They are also inactive when I use these:
map <KP_Add> zoom in
map <KP_Subtract> zoom out

KP_Add and KP_Subtract are showing in xev, when pressing keypad's + and -.

So, has anybody working config with keypad plus and minus ? I don't want to complicate but for me it is more convenient to use keypad to zoom in and out.

#323 2010-06-24 21:03:32

tzervo

Maybe by putting KP_Add instead of <KP_Add> in the map line? (just a thought, unfortunately I don't have keypad right know, not even though a function key, to test it...

#324 2010-06-24 21:40:00

neldoreth

Hello,

tzervo wrote:

Maybe by putting KP_Add instead of <KP_Add> in the map line? (just a thought, unfortunately I don't have keypad right know, not even though a function key, to test it...

No, the problem lies elsewhere: You would have to define those special keys in the config.h file in the gdk_keys array, where you map key words to these specific keys.

Best regards

#325 2010-06-25 13:13:33

lordmetroid

I read on reddit about zathura not working with a pdf containing Japanese so I had to try it myself and hence executed:

curl -o /tmp/data-glass.pdf http://www.shimadzu.co.jp/hmd/data-glass.pdf && zathura /tmp/data-glass.pdf

Turns out I have no problem rendering the pdf however when loaded zathura is very slow. I tried it with xpdf as well and while it is slow in xpdf as well it isn't as slow and xpdf do react to input without feeling sluggish at all.

Last edited by lordmetroid (2010-06-25 13:17:04)

Board footer