You are not logged in.

#551 2009-11-30 10:24:35

goran'agar

Re: November 2009 Screenshots

skwid wrote:
goran'agar wrote:
Daisuke_Aramaki wrote:

Last shot for this month. Fvwm+OpenBSD

I'm interested in your PS1 and in what you do to colorize the output of commands such as a "w" or a "ping www.google.com"

check his blog. For colors, he uses a color wrapper package.  I use it also.

I also would like a copy of his new colors!  They are smooth.

Haha! Thanks.

Last edited by goran'agar (2009-11-30 10:30:58)

Sony Vaio VPCM13M1E  - Arch Linux - LXDE

#552 2009-11-30 12:09:01

kolbycrouch

Lich wrote:
kolbycrouch wrote:
Daisuke_Aramaki wrote:

Last shot for this month. Fvwm+OpenBSD

http://omploader.org/vMnZqeA

How are you liking openBSD?
i've been using netbsd for the past month or so as my primary desktop, but i can only run current,
need something a little more stable until netbsd 6.0, and im not wanting to go with FreeBSD again, right now atleast.

nice Desktop Btw, im pretty sure most of my configs originated from yours and wraiths, sadly i've done them no justice.

Shame on you tongue
OpenBSD is great, but the "help" community is worse than Gentoo's. They give new meaning to the word `elitist`

hello mr. wraith, ghoul, lich.
Yea, I already made that assesment(sp?). All BSD's seem somewhat elitist, but i get crazy vibes from the puffy community.
I had problems with a few programs I liked, not being in openbsd ports, and as of 4.5 their Linux emulation didnt seemed to be the best, nothing compared to netbsd.
although i'll probably give it another spin, seeing as sound and acpi dont work for me in netbsd 5.0.1 but only in current, and no acpi on my machine means random reboots for some reason.
I was glad to see suckless surf, in the OpenBSD ports though, tried building on netbsd but it just woul'dnt.

#553 2009-11-30 13:24:26

Daisuke_Aramaki
Website

Thanks for the comments folks. And sorry for the delay. anyway this is my rxvt color setup that you see on display on the screen. Mix of different combination of course. My github is outdated since i haven't had the time. sad

rxvt*color0 : #040404
rxvt*color1 :  #ba7373
rxvt*color2 :  #739456
rxvt*color3 :  #a4712e
rxvt*color4: #7985a3
rxvt*color5 :  #6f4f70
rxvt*color6:   #b0c4de
rxvt*color7 :  #d0d0d0
rxvt*color8:   #554444
rxvt*color9 :  #c14b4b
rxvt*color10:  #6ca318
rxvt*color11:  #7f672e
rxvt*color12:  #537595
rxvt*color13:  #a971a7
rxvt*color14:  #70999a
rxvt*color15:  #cacaca

Yes, I use colorwrapper to colorize my logs and command outputs. Like it better than colortail.

@kolby

So far I haven't had issues with OpenBSD. I run NetBSD on a couple of Sparc machines as well, and its pretty solid. FreeBSD still powers my desk at home. I really haven't had any problems yet to ask for help from the OpenBSD community. But the folks at daemonforums and freebsd forums are a helping lot in my opinion.

Performance wise, I am happy with openBSD, and yes there are not many programs ported, but so far i didn't face problems building software not in the ports. My netbook also runs openBSD and after some work acpi and all the hotkeys work fine.

@Lich
I had a big altercation with a gentoo dev years back for reasons i don't want to go into right now.

"You know what I found? Right in the kernel, in the heart of the operating system, I found a developer's comment that said, `Does this belong here?`" -- Simon Lok about Linux kernel in 2005
Reflections on the Strange and the not so Strange
http://skinwalker.wordpress.com

#554 2009-11-30 16:15:22

LittleCj3k

Tjh_ wrote:

Damn i like your irc client, what is it?

It's weechat.

#555 2009-11-30 17:26:00

Lich

kolbycrouch wrote:
Lich wrote:
kolbycrouch wrote:

How are you liking openBSD?
i've been using netbsd for the past month or so as my primary desktop, but i can only run current,
need something a little more stable until netbsd 6.0, and im not wanting to go with FreeBSD again, right now atleast.

nice Desktop Btw, im pretty sure most of my configs originated from yours and wraiths, sadly i've done them no justice.

Shame on you tongue
OpenBSD is great, but the "help" community is worse than Gentoo's. They give new meaning to the word `elitist`

hello mr. wraith, ghoul, lich.
Yea, I already made that assesment(sp?). All BSD's seem somewhat elitist, but i get crazy vibes from the puffy community.
I had problems with a few programs I liked, not being in openbsd ports, and as of 4.5 their Linux emulation didnt seemed to be the best, nothing compared to netbsd.
although i'll probably give it another spin, seeing as sound and acpi dont work for me in netbsd 5.0.1 but only in current, and no acpi on my machine means random reboots for some reason.
I was glad to see suckless surf, in the OpenBSD ports though, tried building on netbsd but it just woul'dnt.

Well tbh, out-of-the-box wise, OpenBSD is the best *NIX I have ever tried. Even Arch takes a while longer to setup on my laptop...OpenBSD works out of the box (X + ACPI + some other stuff that I need) and it actually comes out of the box (as in it's all present in the iso).
Takes atleast 10 minutes to set up cpu scalling on my Arch, takes less than 10 seconds on OBSD big_smile
But that's not reason enough for me to use it for more than a server.

Archlinux | ratpoison + evilwm | urxvtc | tmux

#556 2009-11-30 18:13:51

toorlv

karabaja4 wrote:

http://pwnage.pondi.hr/november/new_thumb.png

For the first time I'm fairly happy with my config considering the crappy resolution.

http://pwnage.pondi.hr/november/new.png

New nice config big_smile
Can u share ur wall, panel -- which panel do u use and it's theme/config? (i think it's not tint2) GTK/icon theme/autostart.sh?

#557 2009-11-30 19:57:19

SpeedVin

Daisuke_Aramaki wrote:

Thanks for the comments folks. And sorry for the delay. anyway this is my rxvt color setup that you see on display on the screen. Mix of different combination of course. My github is outdated since i haven't had the time. sad

rxvt*color0 : #040404
rxvt*color1 :  #ba7373
rxvt*color2 :  #739456
rxvt*color3 :  #a4712e
rxvt*color4: #7985a3
rxvt*color5 :  #6f4f70
rxvt*color6:   #b0c4de
rxvt*color7 :  #d0d0d0
rxvt*color8:   #554444
rxvt*color9 :  #c14b4b
rxvt*color10:  #6ca318
rxvt*color11:  #7f672e
rxvt*color12:  #537595
rxvt*color13:  #a971a7
rxvt*color14:  #70999a
rxvt*color15:  #cacaca

Yes, I use colorwrapper to colorize my logs and command outputs. Like it better than colortail.

@kolby

So far I haven't had issues with OpenBSD. I run NetBSD on a couple of Sparc machines as well, and its pretty solid. FreeBSD still powers my desk at home. I really haven't had any problems yet to ask for help from the OpenBSD community. But the folks at daemonforums and freebsd forums are a helping lot in my opinion.

Performance wise, I am happy with openBSD, and yes there are not many programs ported, but so far i didn't face problems building software not in the ports. My netbook also runs openBSD and after some work acpi and all the hotkeys work fine.

@Lich
I had a big altercation with a gentoo dev years back for reasons i don't want to go into right now.

I refresh my request.

Nice Desk ,can you share your details.sh scripts smile

Thanks

Shell Scripter | C/C++/Python/Java Coder | ZSH

#558 2009-11-30 20:51:21

Daisuke_Aramaki
Website

SpeedVin wrote:

Thanks

Sorry about that. Anyway, the details script is nothing more than a combination of mundane commands, like displaying my issue, followed by my color script execution, and other simple commands like uname, uptime and cdf.

"You know what I found? Right in the kernel, in the heart of the operating system, I found a developer's comment that said, `Does this belong here?`" -- Simon Lok about Linux kernel in 2005
Reflections on the Strange and the not so Strange
http://skinwalker.wordpress.com

#559 2009-11-30 22:30:46

karabaja4
Website

toorlv wrote:
karabaja4 wrote:

http://pwnage.pondi.hr/november/new_thumb.png

For the first time I'm fairly happy with my config considering the crappy resolution.

http://pwnage.pondi.hr/november/new.png

New nice config big_smile
Can u share ur wall, panel -- which panel do u use and it's theme/config? (i think it's not tint2) GTK/icon theme/autostart.sh?

Panel is bmpanel2 with my custom theme.

Wallpaper is here.

GTK is murrine-gray with my modified gtkrc.

Icon theme is black-white 2 style, and autostart.sh is here (current one has xcompmgr uncommented and bmpanel2 instead of tint2).

#560 2009-12-01 16:21:55

SpeedVin

Daisuke_Aramaki wrote:
SpeedVin wrote:

Thanks

Sorry about that. Anyway, the details script is nothing more than a combination of mundane commands, like displaying my issue, followed by my color script execution, and other simple commands like uname, uptime and cdf.

But can you share this ascii-art if you can?
Thanks smile

Shell Scripter | C/C++/Python/Java Coder | ZSH

Board footer