You are not logged in.

#26 2009-12-26 19:56:58

tomk
Forum Fellow

Re: Guayadeque Music Player testing request

Yes I did - sorry I wasn't clear.

It's been sitting there for seven hours now, so I guess nothing is going to happen? smile

#27 2009-12-26 20:31:08

tomk
Forum Fellow

Uhmm... update. Starting the app, setting the library dir, and hitting update, didn't work. Restarting the app, with the library dir already set, seems to be working i.e. it now says

20:23:26: Library Paths: 
20:23:26: /store/music
20:23:27: Database updating started.

It should work either way though, right?

#28 2009-12-26 20:57:20

anonbeat
Website

Yes should work either way. I sent u a patch to test it. Did you received it ?

#29 2009-12-26 21:06:09

tomk
Forum Fellow

Yeah got it, but i wont have time to do any more with it this evening.

Maybe commit it, and I'll do a fresh build tomorrow?

#30 2009-12-26 23:03:18

anonbeat
Website

Its just to see library update output. Nothing changed in it but few debug output lines.

#31 2009-12-27 00:11:35

anonbeat
Website

The latest revision should fix your issue tomk but for the changes to take effect for you a change in your configuration file is needed.
You need to clear the LastUpdate entry in ~/.guayadeque/guayadeque.conf file

Let me know if that solves your issue

Thanks for your help and your bug report
J.Rios

Last edited by anonbeat (2009-12-27 08:27:36)

#32 2009-12-27 01:54:29

tomk
Forum Fellow

Oh yeah smile ... working now, with svn rev 451, and after clearing LastUpdate=.

I can see progress in the Library section of the status bar at the bottom, and the terminal output is giving me error messages about tracks without tags. I'm a bit puzzled though - is there meant to be an actual progress bar behind those numbers? I can see them gradually changing colour from left to right, but that finished long before the update did.

Apart from that - great. Now playing Rachmaninov Piano Concerto #2, 1st movement.

#33 2009-12-27 18:10:14

Theoden

anonbeat:

Just a short note about your very nice music manager/player, Guayadeque.  First off, great job.  This app has lots of potential, and works very well even at this early stage.  You are to be congratulated.

I have been running it for several svn builds now and have seen the bug fixes and progress.  I thought I might perhaps offer up a couple of suggestions for your consideration:

1.  It would be very nice if Guayadeque minimized to the systray icon only.  Currently it minimizes to the systray icon AND to the taskbar of the desktop - tint2 in my case on Openbox.

2.  It would be great to have Guayadeque support mpris - which is a dbus-based 'now playing' announcer.  In irc - if I type:   /exec mpris exaile - it prints the current playing track info in the channel.  This is a very nice feature and it would be great if Guayadeque supported it as well.

3.  It would also be a nice feature if Guayadeque popped up a notifier when tracks change, providing current track info.  That way if you are in another desktop on your system - that info would come to you.

4.  Finally, it would be equally helpful if when you did a mouse-over on the systray icon if it also popped up a notifier providing current track info.

These are just some niceties that would really make Guayadeque shine.  I have to tell you that I have around a little over 4400 albums in my collection, and Guayadeque handles them with real efficiency and speed. 

Thanks again for your efforts.

--Theoden  cool

"If builders built buildings the way programmers write programs,
the first woodpecker that came along would destroy civilization."

#34 2009-12-27 20:05:23

anonbeat
Website

Theoden wrote:

anonbeat:

Just a short note about your very nice music manager/player, Guayadeque.  First off, great job.  This app has lots of potential, and works very well even at this early stage.  You are to be congratulated.

I have been running it for several svn builds now and have seen the bug fixes and progress.  I thought I might perhaps offer up a couple of suggestions for your consideration:

1.  It would be very nice if Guayadeque minimized to the systray icon only.  Currently it minimizes to the systray icon AND to the taskbar of the desktop - tint2 in my case on Openbox.

2.  It would be great to have Guayadeque support mpris - which is a dbus-based 'now playing' announcer.  In irc - if I type:   /exec mpris exaile - it prints the current playing track info in the channel.  This is a very nice feature and it would be great if Guayadeque supported it as well.

3.  It would also be a nice feature if Guayadeque popped up a notifier when tracks change, providing current track info.  That way if you are in another desktop on your system - that info would come to you.

4.  Finally, it would be equally helpful if when you did a mouse-over on the systray icon if it also popped up a notifier providing current track info.

These are just some niceties that would really make Guayadeque shine.  I have to tell you that I have around a little over 4400 albums in my collection, and Guayadeque handles them with real efficiency and speed. 

Thanks again for your efforts.

--Theoden  cool

Hello,
  Thanks for your testing effort and your requests. I tested it in gnome and after you enable in Preferences -> General  'Activate task bar icon' and 'Close to task bar icon' you can hide the app closing the main window. I can add that when you minimize it does the same.

About mpris its right now implemented. I tried it with a mpris testing tool and looks like it works fine.

Notifications and task bar icon hover is planned features.

Thanks for your help
J.Rios

#35 2009-12-27 20:15:19

Theoden

Cool.

However, I'm running archlinux with openbox using tint2 as my taskbar and systray.  When I reduce it to minimum - it does not reduce to systray icon only, but both.  I have it set to reduce to systray icon - but it still does the other.

Also, mpris doesn't work right here.  If I try it - I get "Theoden is listening to " and nothing else - then it crashes Guayadeque.

Note:

[theoden@Cootchie ~]$ pacman -Qi guayadeque-svn
Name           : guayadeque-svn
Version        : 452-1
URL            : http://sourceforge.net/projects/guayadeque/
Licenses       : GPL 
Groups         : guayadeque-svn 
Provides       : guayadeque 
Depends On     : taglib>=1.5-1  curl>=7.19.5-2  glib2>=2.12.0  gstreamer0.10  gstreamer0.10-base-plugins  libxml2 
                 sqlite3>=3.6.10  wxgtk>=2.8.9.1  flac>=1.2.1-1  libmp4v2>=1.6-1  dbus-core>=1.2.16-1 
Optional Deps  : None
Required By    : None
Conflicts With : guayadeque 
Replaces       : None
Installed Size : 2768.00 K
Packager       : Unknown Packager
Architecture   : i686
Build Date     : Sun 27 Dec 2009 09:45:54 AM PST
Install Date   : Sun 27 Dec 2009 09:47:29 AM PST
Install Reason : Explicitly installed
Install Script : No
Description    : Light alternative to rhythmbox music player for linux

kernel26 2.6.32.2-1

Hope this helps.

--Theoden

#36 2009-12-27 20:24:49

anonbeat
Website

What program are you using for the mpris interface with Guayadeque?

#37 2009-12-27 20:26:08

Theoden

Quassel

#38 2009-12-27 21:08:52

anonbeat
Website

Thanks for the bug report. Seems quassel sent a bad mpris method call with incomplete interface.

Type   : 1
Iface  : (null)
Path   : /Player
Member : GetMetadata
Sender : :1.1184
Reply  : 1
Serial : 0
RSerial: 8
==MPRIS========================

This is from my application log output. It sent the Interface as Null. This is wrong with the mpris specification http://wiki.xmms2.xmms.se/wiki/MPRIS#The_Interface

Fixed and check if something is missing in the method call.

Thanks again for the bug report. Its fixed in svn now

J.Rios

Last edited by anonbeat (2009-12-27 21:09:12)

#39 2009-12-27 21:27:30

Theoden

Great - I'll build it now and get back to you in a short.

--Theoden

#40 2009-12-27 21:55:46

Theoden

anonbeat:

Still the same.

-*- Theoden is listening to  by

But it didn't crash this time.  So it is better - but still not sending the data to mpris.

--Theoden

#41 2009-12-27 23:00:26

anonbeat
Website

Theoden wrote:

anonbeat:

Still the same.

-*- Theoden is listening to  by

But it didn't crash this time.  So it is better - but still not sending the data to mpris.

--Theoden

Its not sending the data to quassel because its doing the request badly. Quassel need to send the Interface properly as the mpris specifications says. See the link I posted early

Thanks again
J.RIos

#42 2009-12-27 23:32:14

anonbeat
Website

If you want to check it is working fine do this in the console

dbus-send --print-reply --type=method_call --dest=org.mpris.guayadeque /Player org.freedesktop.MediaPlayer.GetMetadata

This will show the metadata of the current playing track

looks like Quassel is using this script for the mpris search http://bugs.quassel-irc.org/projects/qu … ipts/mpris

If that is the case its needed a change
open(IN,"qdbus org.mpris.".$ARGV[0]." /Player GetMetadata|") or die "Couldn't get dbus result.";
should be
open(IN,"qdbus org.mpris.".$ARGV[0]." /Player org.freedesktop.MediaPlayer.GetMetadata|") or die "Couldn't get dbus result.";

Not sure if that is what its using but the interface should not be empty.

Thanks
J.Rios

Last edited by anonbeat (2009-12-27 23:35:34)

#43 2009-12-27 23:52:39

anonbeat
Website

In latest svn revision the hide to taskbar on minimize is done.

Thanks
J.Rios

#44 2009-12-28 00:07:42

Theoden

anonbeat wrote:

Its not sending the data to quassel because its doing the request badly. Quassel need to send the Interface properly as the mpris specifications says. See the link I posted early

Thanks again
J.RIos

That is very strange.  Mpris works perfetly on this same system in quassel for exaile and amarok both.  It only fails in Guayadeque.  I don't know what more to say - but I have used mpris and quassel on 5 different machines.  It only fails with Guayadeque.  sad

--Theoden

#45 2009-12-28 08:00:18

anonbeat
Website

Theoden wrote:
anonbeat wrote:

Thanks again
J.RIos

That is very strange.  Mpris works perfetly on this same system in quassel for exaile and amarok both.  It only fails in Guayadeque.  I don't know what more to say - but I have used mpris and quassel on 5 different machines.  It only fails with Guayadeque.  sad

--Theoden

Programmers can decide to check the correct Interface or not. I decided to check it. The problem is quassel script not sending the proper interface. The MPRIS specifications is clear. The interface must be set to org.freedesktop.MediaPlayer

greets
J.Rios

#46 2009-12-28 16:50:54

Theoden

Well - this sounds more like an argument about 'who's doing it right', instead of fixing the problem.  But I'm not interested in programmers arguments on whether one followed the spec exactly and the other didn't.  I just want things to work.  If they are not going to get fixed so they work - I'll move on.

Since all the other players work and Guayadeque doesn't, I see Guayadeque as the 'odd duck' here.  We can argue all day long about specs - but yours is the only one not working.

--Theoden

#47 2009-12-28 17:16:38

anonbeat
Website

I already sent you how to fix the problem. But the fix is not in my side but in the mpris script Quassel is calling

Se the post #42 for how to fix it.

Thanks again for all your help

#48 2009-12-28 17:31:17

Theoden

anonbeat wrote:

I already sent you how to fix the problem. But the fix is not in my side but in the mpris script Quassel is calling

Se the post #42 for how to fix it.

Thanks again for all your help

Ah - ok - my dumb.  smile  That did indeed solve the issue.  My apologies.

Thanks anonbeat!

--Theoden

#49 2009-12-28 18:04:16

Theoden

anonbeat:

Concerning the 'minimize to systray icon' issue - I'm having one interesting behavior here that shouldn't be (I think).  smile

Currently it minimizes to the systray icon only (disappears from the taskbar).  However, when I want it back up, I click on the systray icon and it only restores it to the taskbar.  I have to click it a second time to get the Guayadeque window to restore.

So - 2 clicks are required to bring it back up.  I believe it would be much better if only one click were required.

Thanks,

--Theoden

#50 2009-12-28 22:59:31

Surgat_

Another issue here: I can't play songs with Spanish characters in their tags. For example, if I try to play a song by Hora Zulú, Guayadeque just ends, without any cli error or nothing.

Board footer