Re: Guayadeque Music Player testing request

Do what says in the post #73

Thanks
J.Rios

#77 2010-01-05 06:44:18

Theoden

anonbeat:

Please ignore my last post here - Guayadeque version 671-1 works correctly now!  I reinstalled ALL of my Gstreamer pkgs and added one new one - gstreamer0.10-ffmpeg-0.10.9-1 - and now it all works.

The equalizer is nice.  The only thing that is still not working here is leaving the window up when I change desktops in the taskbar.

All in all - you have done a great job.  Keep it up.  big_smile

--Theoden

"If builders built buildings the way programmers write programs,
the first woodpecker that came along would destroy civilization."

#78 2010-01-05 07:22:38

anonbeat
Website

I have two ppl with openbox that tested the issue you describe and both of them told me that works correctly. I dunno what can be as I see all is correct.

Thanks for your help
J.Rios

#79 2010-01-05 07:30:42

Theoden

anonbeat wrote:

I have two ppl with openbox that tested the issue you describe and both of them told me that works correctly. I dunno what can be as I see all is correct.

Thanks for your help
J.Rios

I canceled my previous message here - it's all working right now.  Everything is fine except the open window issue.  big_smile

--Theoden

#80 2010-01-05 08:13:05

anonbeat
Website

As I told you I have two ppl that uses openbox as you that dont have this open window issue.

Thanks for your help
J.Rios

Last edited by anonbeat (2010-01-05 11:22:58)

#81 2010-01-05 16:05:08

Theoden

anonbeat wrote:

As I told you I have two ppl that uses openbox as you that dont have this open window issue.

Thanks for your help
J.Rios

First - I heard you - but I have the problem on 3 different machines!

Second - 2 users you know is hardly a scientific sample.

Third - regardless of sample size - I STILL DO have the problem.  Blowing it off because 2 users you know DON'T have the problem is not very helpful.  smile

Fourth - given the amount of testing I have done for Guayadeque (and still will do), I ought to get a bit more consideration for my problem than, "I have two ppl that uses openbox as you that dont have this open window issue."  Is that 'really' how you want to leave the problem?

Frankly, even if you had 100 users without the problem - I still have it - on multiple machines.  It's not hardware. 

--Theoden hmm

Last edited by Theoden (2010-01-05 17:12:42)

#82 2010-01-05 18:13:33

jdarnold
Website

Looks to me like the same problem I had and I fixed it by following the package installations found Common Codecs. Ie, you don't have all the necessary gstreamer plugins installed.

#83 2010-01-05 20:42:17

anonbeat
Website

Theoden wrote:
anonbeat wrote:

Thanks for your help
J.Rios

First - I heard you - but I have the problem on 3 different machines!

Second - 2 users you know is hardly a scientific sample.

Third - regardless of sample size - I STILL DO have the problem.  Blowing it off because 2 users you know DON'T have the problem is not very helpful.  smile

Fourth - given the amount of testing I have done for Guayadeque (and still will do), I ought to get a bit more consideration for my problem than, "I have two ppl that uses openbox as you that dont have this open window issue."  Is that 'really' how you want to leave the problem?

Frankly, even if you had 100 users without the problem - I still have it - on multiple machines.  It's not hardware. 

--Theoden hmm

I installed a virtual machine with archlinux and openbox + tint2 and tried the bug you reported. And I saw the same behaivour you described. It gets minimized when changing desktop. Also tried amule and the same thing happens for amule so Im suspecting its a wxWidgets bug. I will try to do a workaround for this issue.

#84 2010-01-05 21:06:18

Theoden

anonbeat wrote:

I installed a virtual machine with archlinux and openbox + tint2 and tried the bug you reported. And I saw the same behaivour you described. It gets minimized when changing desktop. Also tried amule and the same thing happens for amule so Im suspecting its a wxWidgets bug. I will try to do a workaround for this issue.

anonbeat:

Thank you - I appreciate your efforts.  smile

--Theoden

#85 2010-01-05 21:48:17

anonbeat
Website

Ok I have decided for now to remove the minimize to systray icon for now till I find a solution.

Im sorry Theoden this was something requested by you... The close to systray will still work

#86 2010-01-06 21:41:18

anonbeat
Website

I have fixed in svn a bug that prevented the images to be extracted from cache. Now the update of last.fm panel if damn fast is the images are from cache. It is recomended that the cache file is deleted because this bug made the images to be saved more than one time. Remove the file ~/.guayadeque/cache.db

Also added that if you stop the mouse for a second over a tiny image in the last.fm panel a bigger image will show up.

Thanks for testing
J.Rios

Last edited by anonbeat (2010-01-06 23:16:50)

#87 2010-01-06 23:01:19

Theoden

anonbeat wrote:

I have fixed in svn a bug that prevented the images to be extracted from cache. Now the update of last.fm panel is damn fast is the images are from cache. It is recomended that the cache file is deleted because this bug made the images to be saved more than one time. Remove the file ~/.guayadeque/cache.db

Also added that if you stop the mouse for a second over a tiny image in the last.fm panel a bigger image will show up.

Thanks for testing
J.Rios

I just built and installed guayadeque-svn 477-1.  Looks good - everything seems to work as one would want.  Good work.

I noted the change in minimize to systray-icon.  I actually think you should leave it as is now.  It works really well - if I minimize Guayadeque with the app itself - it does not minimize to systray-icon.  AND - the Guayadeque window remains open when I change desktops via the taskbar.  BUT - if I minimize it by clicking on the systray-icon - it DOES minimize to the systray-icon!  That's everything one could ask for.  Great job - leave the minimize thing as is!  big_smile

--Theoden cool

Last edited by Theoden (2010-01-06 23:11:25)

#88 2010-01-08 02:00:43

Theoden

FYI - I built and installed guayadeque-svn 481-1.  Everything seems solid and stable.  So far - no bugs noticable here.  I remain very satisfied with Guayadeque.  Good work - don't stop.

--Theoden

#89 2010-01-08 06:23:25

anonbeat
Website

Thanks for your testing reports.

In revision 480 I changed the way the silence detector works. Now should be more precise. You can activate it at Preferences -> Playback

In the revision 481 I changed the way the images are captured to the cache as I noted the quality was not as it was before. But to notice the change you must delete the file with the previous stored ones at ~/.guayadeque/cache.db

Thank you all for your help
J.Rios

#90 2010-01-08 11:05:11

hullap
Website

i see a typo in the svn version
vMzZ6eA

#91 2010-01-08 11:12:55

anonbeat
Website

Thanks its fixed in svn now

#92 2010-01-08 11:30:50

hullap
Website

one question, do you have something to query Guayadeque of the current song, album, artist and stuff for purpose scripts to show the now playing song (mainly for conky)
edit: woops :\

Last edited by hullap (2010-01-08 11:42:23)

#93 2010-01-08 11:36:29

anonbeat
Website

hullap wrote:

one question, do you have something to query Guayadeque of the current song, album, artist and stuff for purpose scripts to show the now playing song (mainly for putty)

use the mpris interface

for example
dbus-send --print-reply --type=method_call --dest=org.mpris.guayadeque /Player org.freedesktop.MediaPlayer.GetMetadata

you can check more about mpris at http://wiki.xmms2.xmms.se/wiki/MPRIS

Greets
J.Rios

#94 2010-01-08 11:38:57

hullap
Website

thanks, neat stuff smile

#95 2010-01-11 14:14:48

anonbeat
Website

I plan to release the 0.2.3 version soon. If you find any bug let me know to try to fix it before this new release.

The recent changes includes
* In lyrics panel ability to select the server from this page so you can search more easily the lyrics for the track
* Silence detector to automatically skip tracks when the sound level is below the configured one. You can limit it to work only at the end of the track.
* Preference dialog can be resized. This way it should be more easy to configure commands or links
* Click in Player time to show time elapsed or left
* And some minor bug fixes

Thanks for your help
J.Rios

#96 2010-01-11 23:09:30

Surgat_

Is there a way to control Guayadeque through the command line? When I issue guayadeque --help while playing music I get:

$  guayadeque --help
process 6743: Applications must not close shared connections - see dbus_connection_close() docs. This is a bug in the application.
  D-Bus not built with -rdynamic so unable to print a backtrace
Abortado

Otherwise, no bugs yet. However, changing time elapsed to left requires a double click (in svn 490).

#97 2010-01-11 23:35:12

anonbeat
Website

Surgat_ wrote:

Is there a way to control Guayadeque through the command line? When I issue guayadeque --help while playing music I get:

$  guayadeque --help
process 6743: Applications must not close shared connections - see dbus_connection_close() docs. This is a bug in the application.
  D-Bus not built with -rdynamic so unable to print a backtrace
Abortado

Otherwise, no bugs yet. However, changing time elapsed to left requires a double click (in svn 490).

Yes double click have been changed to single click in latest svn versions.

The way to control guayadeque from command line is thought mpris interface.
For example:

Get Current Track Info
dbus-send --print-reply --type=method_call --dest=org.mpris.guayadeque /Player org.freedesktop.MediaPlayer.GetMetadata

Go Next Track
dbus-send --print-reply --type=method_call --dest=org.mpris.guayadeque /Player org.freedesktop.MediaPlayer.Next

Go Prev Track
dbus-send --print-reply --type=method_call --dest=org.mpris.guayadeque /Player org.freedesktop.MediaPlayer.Prev

To Play / Pause
dbus-send --print-reply --type=method_call --dest=org.mpris.guayadeque /Player org.freedesktop.MediaPlayer.Play

To Stop
dbus-send --print-reply --type=method_call --dest=org.mpris.guayadeque /Player org.freedesktop.MediaPlayer.Stop

etc etc etc
For more info read this http://wiki.xmms2.xmms.se/wiki/MPRIS

Greets
J.Rios

#98 2010-01-12 14:42:43

Surgat_

anonbeat wrote:

The way to control guayadeque from command line is thought mpris interface.
For example:

Get Current Track Info

Go Next Track
dbus-send --print-reply --type=method_call --dest=org.mpris.guayadeque /Player org.freedesktop.MediaPlayer.Next

Go Prev Track
dbus-send --print-reply --type=method_call --dest=org.mpris.guayadeque /Player org.freedesktop.MediaPlayer.Prev

To Play / Pause
dbus-send --print-reply --type=method_call --dest=org.mpris.guayadeque /Player org.freedesktop.MediaPlayer.Play

To Stop
dbus-send --print-reply --type=method_call --dest=org.mpris.guayadeque /Player org.freedesktop.MediaPlayer.Stop

Great!

#99 2010-01-14 07:23:06

anonbeat
Website

It have been added to svn revision 507 a Filter feature that will control the way Smart Play Mode and Random Play Mode works. There are two filter one for Allow and one for Deny. You can set for each filter a Dynamic or Static Playlist so if for example you want to let Guayadeque to play tracks for you but you want to fix the Genre to 'Rock' Music you must set a Dynamic Playlist which filters by Genre. And you set this PlayList to the Allow filter. This will prevent Guayadeque from changing Genre when selecting tracks to play based on Last.fm statistics.

Let me know if something dont go as expected.

This is the last feature I will add for the new version. I will wait now for bug reports before I release it.

Thank you very much for your your testing

J.Rios

#100 2010-01-14 07:41:54

anonbeat
Website

Surgat_ wrote:

Nice player, I've just imported my music library and I like it so far. Just a request: I'd like the Genders, Tags, Artists and Albums panes to be optional, so that I could just browse my artists, then choose an album and play.

Also, it's always nice to control a player from the command line. For example, with the app playing music, you could run guayadeque --stop and get the music stopped. This way some commands can be binded to key shortcuts. Right now I can't even execute guayadeque --help to see the options available.

Anyway, thank you for your work.

P.S: Un saludo desde Burgos smile

Surgat_: Guayadeque supports multimedia keys. So if you want to assign key shortcuts you can assign the key you want to the Multimedia action. Im not sure if this a feature of genome or if its from freedesktop.

btw thanks for testing
J.Rios

Board footer