You are not logged in.

#176 2010-10-25 17:09:26

jo-shva

Re: Guayadeque Music Player testing request

I'm having it would seem a permissions problem.  When I run guayedeque from terminal i get this error code and the program exits.

The program 'guayadeque' received an X Window System error.
This probably reflects a bug in the program.
The error was 'BadMatch (invalid parameter attributes)'.
  (Details: serial 6734 error_code 8 request_code 2 minor_code 0)

this happens with normal and svn versions.  However, it will run with 'sudo guayadeque' no problem.  run as 'su' or 'user' and i recieve the above error code. 
Any help would be appreciated as i do prefer quayadeque over other music players.

...i agree the logo should be better, the systray logo NEEDS to be fixed(ugly white background and beyond poor resolution!)

"Democracy is being allowed to vote for the candidate you dislike least." -- Robert Byrne
http://killhellokitty.deviantart.com/

#177 2010-12-05 01:00:20

Sector11
Banned

Theoden wrote:
anonbeat wrote:

Thats is the point. You have choices to select what you need. You have the option to configure your perfect player screen. You drag elements around till you get the layout that is good for your need. I still want to add a few more elements like for the library more selectors (rating, composer, year,...) New Tabs also will come

Well - when it becomes too bloated - like  most of the other players - don't be surprised when some of us move on.  Like I said last time - I was initially attracted to Guayadeque because it was lightweight - lean, mean and fast - not bloated.  When it stops being like that - I will be attracted elsewhere.  I'm sure others will too.

Feature-bloat is one of the chief complaints about many software projects these days.  Firefox comes to mind.  When firefox started out - it too was lean, mean and fast.  But today, it has become bloated and anything but lean and mean.  I quit using firefox for that reason.  I would hate to see the same happen to Guayadeque.

--Theoden  hmm

WoW!!!  Talk about prophetic wisdom.
Guayadeque is chewing up memory faster than a kid going through sugar candy.
Time for this kid to move on and I have - Exaile, I hear it's getting a boost again!

#178 2012-04-04 16:54:16

skurk

Just wanted to post a thank you for creating an audio player with a customizable interface. I still think Winamp is the best audio player available and I don't see why Rhythmbox and the likes wont let you sort albums by year etc.
Guayadeque has been my day to day audio player for the last 4 months. For both local audio files and internet radio.

Keep up the good work!

(PS. I use a modern computer with 8 GB of ram and don't give a rats ass about if it consumes a few megabytes more here and there)

Board footer