; ll
%closure(__id__:5-5:16-16 syntax error, unexpected ENDFILE, expecting NL or ')'

edit: also:

; alias ls /bin/ls --color
; alias ll /bin/ls --color -lh
; ll
total 4.1M
-rw-r--r-- 1 johannes users 1.6K Feb 15 12:42 PKGBUILD
-rw-r--r-- 1 johannes users 2.1M Feb  8 14:32 weechat-git-custom-20100208-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.gz
-rw-r--r-- 1 johannes users 2.1M Feb 15 12:41 weechat-git-custom-20100215-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.gz
; ls
PKGBUILD  weechat-git-custom-20100208-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.gz  weechat-git-custom-20100215-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.gz

No color.
I don't get any color if I type ls --color either

Last edited by JohannesSM64 (2010-02-15 11:42:54)

#27 2010-02-15 18:37:02

syfe

Re: xs - A less bad shell

Hi, the correct invocation for ls is ls --color=yes (or no).
As fair as alias goes, I'm not totally suprised that it's a little unreliable, 'cus
it's a bit hack-ish (hopefully it'll improve with some of the fixes I'm making).
In general, you can always do:
fn ls args { /bin/ls --color=yes $args}
and it will work as you expect (it doesn't have the issues
doing something like this with other shells might have).

#28 2010-02-15 22:51:05

milomouse
Website

No problem, and hey I noticed I forgot to remove the apostrophes from around these lines:

BEFORE:
conflicts=('${_realname}')
provides=('${pkgname}')

AFTER:
conflicts=(${_realname})
provides=(${pkgname})

As it stands it will show Provides: ${pkgname}.. Conflicts With: ${_realname}. Removing the apostrophes fixes this. Sorry about that. Also, what's the PaxHeader folder (it has a file named PKGBUILD with selinux information in it)?

#29 2010-02-23 00:42:13

milomouse
Website

I know this is such a simple issue but is there any way to get a command into prompt1,2? All my attempts have failed, though I've yet to fully realize the possibilities of xs, but am sifting through the manpage a line at time. Here's my current .xsrc (for login) http://github.com/milomouse/dotfiles/blob/master/.xsrc So, yeah, as you can see I'm stuck with the default prompt right now (and a lot of functions I've yet to master). Basically I'm trying to get {pwd} into prompt1, or, even better.. some sort of "precmd" to echo current pwd so that I can use it in tmux's statusline, though this isn't as important as figuring out how to get a command into prompt first. (>>probably thinking this guy shouldn't be using xs<<) But I like it!, and experiment with commands everyday (though this isn't reflected in the .xsrc) smile

#30 2010-04-01 12:57:39

bogon

There's a problems w.r.t. compiling XS on FreeBSD 8. I've clone'd it from git, then i typed autoreconf (autoconf-2.62 via autoconf-wrapper-20071109). ./configure said no -lgc, althru i have boehm-gc-7.1 & boehm-gc-threaded-7.1 (and the prefix is, of course, /usr/local). I commented out this check from ./configure, and added -I/usr/local/include to Makefile, then issued make. The result was this error:

g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I/usr/local/include      -g -O2 -MT access.o -MD -MP -MF .deps/access.Tpo -c -o access.o access.cxx
access.cxx: In function 'bool ingroupset(gidset_t)':
access.cxx:24: error: invalid conversion from 'gidset_t*' to 'gid_t*'
access.cxx:24: error:   initializing argument 2 of 'int getgroups(int, gid_t*)'

i then issued make -k, just to see what it will do next, and there's another error later in build process:

g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I/usr/local/include      -g -O2 -MT prim-sys.o -MD -MP -MF .deps/prim-sys.Tpo -c -o prim-sys.o prim-sys.cxx
prim-sys.cxx:19:25: error: sys/times.hxx: No such file or directory
prim-sys.cxx: In function 'const List* prim_time(List*, Binding*, int)':
prim-sys.cxx:332: error: aggregate 'tms tms' has incomplete type and cannot be defined
prim-sys.cxx:338: error: 'times' was not declared in this scope

and then another:

g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I/usr/local/include      -g -O2 -MT proc.o -MD -MP -MF .deps/proc.Tpo -c -o proc.o proc.cxx
proc.cxx: In function 'int dowait(int*)':
proc.cxx:71: error: invalid conversion from 'void*' to 'int*'
proc.cxx:71: error:   initializing argument 1 of 'pid_t wait(int*)'

and this too:

g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I/usr/local/include      -g -O2 -MT util.o -MD -MP -MF .deps/util.Tpo -c -o util.o util.cxx
util.cxx: In function 'char* strerror(int)':
util.cxx:10: error: 'char* strerror(int)' was declared 'extern' and later 'static'
/usr/include/string.h:88: error: previous declaration of 'char* strerror(int)'
util.cxx: In function 'char* strerror(int)':
util.cxx:11: error: type mismatch with previous external decl of 'int sys_nerr'
/usr/include/stdio.h:409: error: previous external decl of 'const int sys_nerr'
util.cxx:12: error: type mismatch with previous external decl of 'char* sys_errlist []'
/usr/include/stdio.h:410: error: previous external decl of 'const char* const sys_errlist []'

My C-foo is too weak for me to commit a fix, so i need help.
BTW, GCC is 4.2.1 with boost 1.41.0_1, and host is amd64 running FreeBSD 8.0-p2.

p.s. just trying to force myself out of tcsh addiction. My addiction nature is uber-handy history search in tcsh (history-search-forward & history-search-backward) and programmable autocomplete, and i first looked at zsh and disliked it (because i saw what rc does on Plan 9). Then i stumbled upon es, and searched for forks, and found Xs (or is it XS? or xs?).

Last edited by bogon (2010-04-01 13:07:02)

icq 293911

Board footer