You are not logged in.

#26 2010-02-22 18:28:40

clanger

Re: [Kernel 2.6.32] Random lockup / panic

I get random lockups/panics as well. I posted a thread (http://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=91402) which details some of the problems. Basically, with the help of some posters, I got my system much more stable by using the enable_mtrr_cleanup kernel option (add it to your kernel line in /boot/grub/menu.lst), and by blacklisting ati-agp. I am using a nvidia 9500GT.

However, I still get crashes. I will try disabling acpi tonight and seeing if I have a working computer when I wake up tomorrow. But using the enable_mtrr_cleanup option signifcantly improves my system stability so if you've got a junked /proc/mtrr like I did, you might want to try it.

#27 2010-05-11 00:31:15

markc
Website

Re: [Kernel 2.6.32] Random lockup / panic

FWIW I've been having random lockups too. Core duo lappie with x86_64 testing (2.6.33), Intel gfx, kdemod. I've been running kubuntu lucid on this lappie for the past week to compare and there have been no lockups so it's definitely something Arch/kdemod related.

Update: so I upgraded to the latest kdemod 4.4.3-2 today and so far there has been no lockups for the past 6 hours. Back a week or so ago it would only take 5 or 10 minutes before locking up every time.

Update2: nope, I hadn't actually started work so as soon as I started sshfs it locked up within 5 minutes so I guess it looks like, for me, it's the FUSE kernel module and it's still a problem. Back to kubuntu again. Thank goodness for multiple boot partitions.

Last edited by markc (2010-05-11 06:58:14)

Board footer