You are not logged in.

#51 2010-03-28 03:04:47

Gen2ly
Website

Re: The inevitable Bauerbill, Clyde, Packer or other AUR helpers thread

ngoonee wrote:
Kiwi wrote:

Anyway, all that aside, Clyde is still the best so do not let its lower number of votes fool you!

I see what you did there!

I may try it out. Maybe, just maybe. Would prefer a more complete feature-set (identical to yaourt would be great, more would be greater). Bauerbill for me currently though. Those of you staying in the US or other western nations have no idea how much of a difference aria2c makes on downloads.

I'll take you up on that, ngoonee.  Since taken up a  300MHz machine I'm going to have to leave an old friend behind.  Thanks.

Setting Up a Scripting Environment | Proud donor to wikipedia - link

#52 2010-03-29 03:31:56

bruenig

packer just exists to troll yaourt developers and point out how shitty their bash skills are. True story.

#53 2010-04-09 20:59:43

pseudonomous

slurpy is pretty nice, I kind of wish though that the ability to sync an AUR tree was an inherent capability of abs already, then I wouldn't have to use packages from the AUR to make packages from the AUR.

#54 2010-04-10 00:11:20

ngoonee
Forum Fellow

pseudonomous wrote:

slurpy is pretty nice, I kind of wish though that the ability to sync an AUR tree was an inherent capability of abs already, then I wouldn't have to use packages from the AUR to make packages from the AUR.

You'd have a folder with 21179 (current number) folders. Sounds like fun....

Allan-Volunteer on the (topic being discussed) mailn lists. You never get the people who matters attention on the forums.
jasonwryan-Installing Arch is a measure of your literacy. Maintaining Arch is a measure of your diligence. Contributing to Arch is a measure of your competence.
Griemak-Bleeding edge, not bleeding flat. Edge denotes falls will occur from time to time. Bring your own parachute.

#55 2010-04-10 02:10:36

bruenig

ngoonee wrote:
pseudonomous wrote:

DIRECTORIES

#56 2010-04-10 03:35:33

ngoonee
Forum Fellow

bruenig wrote:
ngoonee wrote:
pseudonomous wrote:

DIRECTORIES

smile It's obvious I run Gnome, isn't it? It wouldn't be a problem if I was a coreutils kind of guy after all.... should try waiting for nautilus to load up thousands of FOLDERS in a view.

of course, each folder is sort of a picture of a directory... =p

Wish there was an easy way to do the GUI equivalent of 'ls | grep PART_OF_PACKAGE_NAME'. Preferably through reading my mind... maybe I should ask Kiwi to add that to Clyde!

Allan-Volunteer on the (topic being discussed) mailn lists. You never get the people who matters attention on the forums.
jasonwryan-Installing Arch is a measure of your literacy. Maintaining Arch is a measure of your diligence. Contributing to Arch is a measure of your competence.
Griemak-Bleeding edge, not bleeding flat. Edge denotes falls will occur from time to time. Bring your own parachute.

Board footer