You are not logged in.

#1176 2013-03-24 00:48:27

ivoarch

Re: DWM Hackers Unite! Share (or request) dwm patches.

Replace this line

void
drawbar(Monitor *m) {

for(i = 0; i < LENGTH(tags); i++) {
                dc.w = TEXTW(tags[i]);
                col = dc.colors[(m->tagset[m->seltags] & 1 << i ? 1:(urg & 1 << i ? 2:0))];
            -    drawtext(tags[i].name, col, True); 
           +   drawtext(tags[i], col, True); 
                drawsquare(m == selmon && selmon->sel && selmon->sel->tags & 1 << i, occ & 1 << i, col); 

Last edited by ivoarch (2013-03-24 00:49:21)

I love GnuEmacs, GnuScreen, ratpoison, and conkeror.
Github )||( Weblog

#1177 2013-03-24 01:56:48

kanazky

thanks mate, that did the trick big_smile

Archlinx + DWM big_smile I love Wingo-WM Bring it back!!

#1178 2013-03-24 10:13:11

KieranQuinn
Website

Anyone know of a good way to pad the tag's font efficiently? I have been just leaving empty chars in my the char arrays, like this;

{ "    web", &layouts[0], -1, -1 }

I'm guessing it's a mod to drawbar/drawtext, but C isn't my most fluent language so I can't get it right.

#1179 2013-03-24 11:29:31

Unia
Website

You could try changing this line:

#define TEXTW(X)                (textnw(X, strlen(X)) + dc.font.height)

But that takes care of all the text in the statusbar. Otherwise, look at this piece of code in the drawbar() function:

if (!(m->tagset[m->seltags] & 1 << i) && !(occ & 1 << i))
            continue;
        dc.w = TEXTW(tags[i].name); <--- this line
        col = dc.colors[(m->tagset[m->seltags] & 1 << i) ? 1 : (urg & 1 << i ? 2:(occ & 1 << i ? 3:0)) ];
        drawtext(tags[i].name, col, True);
        dc.x += dc.w;
    }

If you can't sit by a cozy fire with your code in hand enjoying its simplicity and clarity, it needs more work. --Carlos Torres

#1180 2013-03-24 11:31:47

Unia
Website

KaiSforza wrote:

I think (for a few reasons) something like this would make sense:

dn = n - 1; /* Override symbol layout */
  snprintf(m->ltsymbol, sizeof m->ltsymbol, "%d/%d", m->nmaster, dn);

And it would display the number you have in nmaster as well, which could be useful if you're spawning a window and don't want to mess with something. (I realize it could be put somewhere else, but it makes sense to me.)

I think it would be nicer to display the current stacked client's number and the total of clients in the stack, e.g. like the monoclecount patch does for monocle. However, you are of course free to edit the code as you see fit wink

KaiSforza wrote:

EDIT: {{{

if ((dn = n - m->nmaster) < 0) /* Don't use negative numbers */
    dn = 0;
snprintf(m->ltsymbol, sizeof m->ltsymbol, "%d/%d", m->nmaster, dn); /* Override symbol layout */

This kind of does what I think we were both looking for. nmaster and dn can both not be <0, so it just shows the potential number of master windows and the number of windows in the stack.
}}}

A cleaner approach is just to declare dn as int, instead of unsigned int. Then it does honor the if(dn > 0) part.

If you can't sit by a cozy fire with your code in hand enjoying its simplicity and clarity, it needs more work. --Carlos Torres

#1181 2013-03-24 13:40:20

KieranQuinn
Website

Unia wrote:

You could try changing this line:

#define TEXTW(X)                (textnw(X, strlen(X)) + dc.font.height)

But that takes care of all the text in the statusbar. Otherwise, look at this piece of code in the drawbar() function:

if (!(m->tagset[m->seltags] & 1 << i) && !(occ & 1 << i))
            continue;
        dc.w = TEXTW(tags[i].name); <--- this line
        col = dc.colors[(m->tagset[m->seltags] & 1 << i) ? 1 : (urg & 1 << i ? 2:(occ & 1 << i ? 3:0)) ];
        drawtext(tags[i].name, col, True);
        dc.x += dc.w;
    }

That's what I thought to begin with. If I try to mod the value to a higher amount, it doesn't really do anything but cause the mouse click detection to be off on the tag. When I tried to increase the width and increase the x-axis to make up for it, it just gave me weird borders. I'll have a proper look through the code and see what I can do after I have some lunch.

#1182 2013-03-24 14:26:13

Unia
Website

^ For that you might want to look into buttonpress():

if(ev->window == selmon->barwin) {
        i = x = 0;
        do
            x += TEXTW(tags[i]);
        while(ev->x >= x && ++i < LENGTH(tags));
        if(i < LENGTH(tags)) {
            click = ClkTagBar;
            arg.ui = 1 << i;
        }

I'm not 100% sure though. I did encounter this issue a while back too, but I just gave up on it and used spaces in the layout symbol. Why exactly do you want to change the padding?

#1183 2013-03-24 14:41:04

KieranQuinn
Website

Unia wrote:

^ For that you might want to look into buttonpress():

if(ev->window == selmon->barwin) {
        i = x = 0;
        do
            x += TEXTW(tags[i]);
        while(ev->x >= x && ++i < LENGTH(tags));
        if(i < LENGTH(tags)) {
            click = ClkTagBar;
            arg.ui = 1 << i;
        }

I'm not 100% sure though. I did encounter this issue a while back too, but I just gave up on it and used spaces in the layout symbol. Why exactly do you want to change the padding?

I have a wide monitor, so I like the tags being spaced out and away from the top-left corner. I'm going to see what I can come up with, and I'll report back if I have any luck.

#1184 2013-03-24 15:59:37

Unia
Website

^ Good luck.

As for myself, I am now working on a stack mfact. It will change the height of the clients in the stack. It's all implemented (and compiles fine), except for how to actually calculate the height of clients in the stack (in tile()). I couldn't get this to work, so can anybody help me with this?

EDIT: See a fully working version on my GitHub.

Last edited by Unia (2013-03-27 21:31:35)

#1185 2013-03-24 22:22:48

synorgy
Website

Ignore meeeeeee

Last edited by synorgy (2013-03-24 22:23:47)

"Unix is basically a simple operating system, but you have to be a genius to understand the simplicity." (Dennis Ritchie)

#1186 2013-03-25 05:31:14

andmars

@Unia I see you're putting so much effort into hacking DWM. I wonder why you don't join the suckless team? Your patches definitely need to be on their website. When I check the patches section at suckless.org I see a lot of older stuff and some good patches (like no-title) are missing completely. Even on their mailing there's not much going on about DWM. So next time I try DWM I want to see your changes there. You deserve it! :-)

Last edited by andmars (2013-03-25 05:32:13)

#1187 2013-03-25 11:53:44

Unia
Website

That's a flattering post, andmars smile Thing is, I still consider my C to be beginner (I don't fully understand all the internals of DWM yet) and to join Suckless, you have to be like Trilby big_smile I am sending in my patches, but they take a while to get added. The singularborders patch on there is mine, although it is already outdated. I send in a new version and I also send in the deck layout, but they have yet to be added. I don't know why it's taking so long, though.

Still, thank you for the compliments smile

#1188 2013-03-25 12:23:37

Trilby
Inspector Parrot
Website

Ha, thanks for your passing the complement "upstream" too.  But Unia, there's no magic in coding.  I still see myself as a beginner ... just a beginner who's learned a few useful bits.  Your coding has gotten great in my book - and all in a matter of months since you started tinkering with and patching dwm.  I'm now taking ideas from your code.

I don't know how the suckless team works (or who they are), but if things have slowed on their site/mailing list, then by all means join in.  You don't need to be good at coding to start coding; you need to start in order to be good.  Just the same, I suspect, would apply to something like the suckless team: jump in first, then learn to swim.

"UNIX is simple and coherent..." - Dennis Ritchie, "GNU's Not UNIX" -  Richard Stallman

#1189 2013-03-25 13:32:12

Unia
Website

Trilby wrote:

Your coding has gotten great in my book - and all in a matter of months since you started tinkering with and patching dwm.  I'm now taking ideas from your code.

Thanks smile I do know I've gotten better at it, but I can't even figure out this vertical mfact I'm trying to implement, so I don't think Suckless / DWM is waiting for me just yet.

Trilby wrote:

I don't know how the suckless team works (or who they are), but if things have slowed on their site/mailing list, then by all means join in.  You don't need to be good at coding to start coding; you need to start in order to be good.  Just the same, I suspect, would apply to something like the suckless team: jump in first, then learn to swim.

I don't know anything either. Development on Surf/st seems to be going rather quick, and we all know Anselm is at least working on 6.1. It's just that his last commit was a few months back. I will keep implementing features in DWM I like and if I deem a feature important enough to be merged into main, I will send an email to the mailinglist. Perhaps this vertical mfact might be one of those...

#1190 2013-03-25 17:36:36

Unia
Website

Here's a somewhat working version of stackmfact (for pertag2 only for now, sorry KaiSforza, a version for you will come later tongue):
EDIT4: Look below for a fully working patch

It "works", as in: the whole screen height is now being used by the stack. I'm not quite happy yet with the way clients are being resized. Let me show with a screenshot:
taHZweg

As you can see, the top client is smaller than the mid client. I want them both to have equal heights. Also, you can only resize the bottom client: smfact will decrease until all clients are equal heights again; it won't go down further. If you want this, it should be a simple fix but I don't know what the stock smfact should be then out of the top of my head. For now, an smfact of 0 will mean all clients have an equal height. Here's my config.h bits:

static const float smfact     = 0.00;  /* factor of tiled clients [0.05..1.00] */
    { MODKEY,                   XK_0,                       setsmfact,      {.f = +0.05} },
    { MODKEY,                   XK_p,                       setsmfact,      {.f = -0.05} },

EDIT: Also, for some reason, nmaster fails to initialize upon (re)start. Will have to look into this. EDIT3: Fixed! Code above is updated.
EDIT2: I can't seem to evenly share the height of the not-resized clients. No matter what I try I still get the results as in the screenshot. I might just leave it like this. What're your thoughts?

Last edited by Unia (2013-03-27 21:31:02)

#1191 2013-03-25 20:28:37

Unia
Website

Here's a version for non-pertag2 DWMs. This one also has the non-resized clients scaling uneven.

EDIT: Find an updated version with equally resized clients on my GitHub.

Last edited by Unia (2013-03-27 21:30:41)

#1192 2013-03-25 21:42:11

Army

Nice! Monsterwm has this too. I'm not sure if I'll ever need it, but I included your patch to my collection. Thanks Unia!

#1193 2013-03-25 22:04:40

KaiSforza
Website

I'm liking it too. Kind of useful when you have a lot of windows. I put the keys to mod+shift+{j,k}, though.

Thinkpad T420 | Intel 3000 | systemd {,--user}
PKGBUILDs I use | pywer AUR helper

#1194 2013-03-25 22:15:47

Unia
Website

Thanks guys! I think this will be the one I'm going to submit upsteam, but first I need to fine-tune it a bit. Does anyone know how I could share the leftover height equally between the other stacked clients?

Scratch that, I found it! big_smile The pertag2 compatible version with bstack and tile layouts can be found on my GitHub: https://github.com/Unia/DWM/blob/master … mfact.diff

Here's a patch diffed against a vanilla dwm.c, including the changes that need to be made to config.h: https://github.com/Unia/DWM/blob/master … mfact.diff

NOTE: In both versions, there are two issues:
1. With more than 30 clients, increasing smfact too much will crash DWM.
2. A negative smfact can't properly function the way I implemented this, so it is disabled.

I think I'm going to take andmars' and Trilby's suggestions and submit this patch upstream. We'll see what happens big_smile

Last edited by Unia (2013-03-27 13:29:03)

#1195 2013-03-26 07:21:12

andmars

Unia wrote:

I think I'm going to take andmars' and Trilby's suggestions and submit this patch upstream. We'll see what happens big_smile

nah, just call it uniawm a fork of dwm ;-)

#1196 2013-03-26 15:14:19

Unia
Website

andmars wrote:
Unia wrote:

nah, just call it uniawm a fork of dwm ;-)

That's not in line with DWM's philosophy big_smile

All three of my patches (singularborders, deck layout and smfact) have now been added (updated in singularborders' case) to dwm.suckless.org/patches wink

#1197 2013-03-26 18:56:00

Unia
Website

Here's a quick patch I made up after reading this. This patch implements support for _NET_WM_DEMANDS_ATTENTION, which is something most (if not all) Qt applications use to demand urgency. Urgency hints for Skype was one of the things that always irritated me (Skype does not properly set them), but this is a clean way to fix that (imo, see below why other people (mostly Suckless crew I think) would dissagree).

You can find the patch on my GitHub (it merges fine into vanilla dwm.c): https://github.com/Unia/DWM/

Some people might not consider this a clean patch, because according to ICCCM §4.1.2 a Window Manager should not directly set a client's hints. I could implement this patch according to those rules, but in that case we will not get the urgent border color working; just the urgent tag color would work. Approaching this situation like I did (e.g. by directly going against ICCCM standards) does not cause any weird behaviour. I've been running DWM fine with the patch. Also, when I went through DWM's source code, there is already two parts that do directly mess with a client's hints: in clearurgent() and in updatewmhints().

EDIT: If you want to adhere to those ICCCM standards (or if you simply don't care about an urgent border colors); you change this part of the patch:

else if(cme->data.l[1] == netatom[NetWMDemandsAttention]) {
    c->isurgent = True;
}

EDIT2: Credit where credit is due: my patch is almost completely based on the one found here: http://www.mail-archive.com/dev@suckles … 04869.html

Last edited by Unia (2013-03-27 21:33:45)

#1198 2013-03-26 20:06:04

Unia
Website

See below.

Last edited by Unia (2013-03-27 21:33:18)

#1199 2013-03-27 21:29:45

Unia
Website

I decided to drop having urgent border colors, but I still can't decide which implementation of NetWMDemandsAttention is cleaner. I would appreciate some feedback on this.

Here's my initial version: https://github.com/Unia/DWM/blob/master … ntion.diff
That one does not comply to ICCCM standards, because it directly messes with a client's hints. However, it does not require any other functions inside DWM.

Here's my second version: https://github.com/Unia/DWM/blob/master … tion2.diff
That one does comply to ICCCM standards, but it does require a call to drawbar() to actually show that the tag has an urgent client.

Which one do you consider the best approach?

#1200 2013-03-28 08:00:02

parazyd
Website

I use a dwm.c that was manually edited from another member and now I'm unable to patch it.
Could anyone apply pertag, savefloats and statuscolors to this dwm.c?

/* See LICENSE file for copyright and license details.
 * dynamic window manager is designed like any other X client as well. It is
 * driven through handling X events. In contrast to other X clients, a window
 * manager selects for SubstructureRedirectMask on the root window, to receive
 * events about window (dis-)appearance.  Only one X connection at a time is
 * allowed to select for this event mask.
 * The event handlers of dwm are organized in an array which is accessed
 * whenever a new event has been fetched. This allows event dispatching
 * in O(1) time.
 * Each child of the root window is called a client, except windows which have
 * set the override_redirect flag.  Clients are organized in a global
 * linked client list, the focus history is remembered through a global
 * stack list. Each client contains a bit array to indicate the tags of a
 * client.
 * Keys and tagging rules are organized as arrays and defined in config.h.
 * To understand everything else, start reading main().
 */
#include <errno.h>
#include <locale.h>
#include <stdarg.h>
#include <signal.h>
#include <stdio.h>
#include <stdlib.h>
#include <string.h>
#include <unistd.h>
#include <sys/types.h>
#include <sys/wait.h>
#include <X11/cursorfont.h>
#include <X11/keysym.h>
#include <X11/Xatom.h>
#include <X11/Xlib.h>
#include <X11/Xproto.h>
#include <X11/Xutil.h>
#ifdef XINERAMA
#include <X11/extensions/Xinerama.h>
#endif

/* macros */
#define BUTTONMASK              (ButtonPressMask|ButtonReleaseMask)
#define CLEANMASK(mask)         (mask & ~(numlockmask|LockMask))
#define INRECT(X,Y,RX,RY,RW,RH) ((X) >= (RX) && (X) < (RX) + (RW) && (Y) >= (RY) && (Y) < (RY) + (RH))
#define ISVISIBLE(x)            (x->tags & tagset[seltags])
#define LENGTH(x)               (sizeof x / sizeof x[0])
#define MAX(a, b)               ((a) > (b) ? (a) : (b))
#define MIN(a, b)               ((a) < (b) ? (a) : (b))
#define MAXTAGLEN               16
#define MOUSEMASK               (BUTTONMASK|PointerMotionMask)
#define WIDTH(x)                ((x)->w + 2 * (x)->bw)
#define HEIGHT(x)               ((x)->h + 2 * (x)->bw)
#define TAGMASK                 ((int)((1LL << LENGTH(tags)) - 1))
#define TEXTW(x)                (textnw(x, strlen(x)) + dc.font.height)

/* enums */
enum { CurNormal, CurResize, CurMove, CurLast };        /* cursor */
enum { ColBorder, ColFG, ColBG, ColLast };              /* color */
enum { NetSupported, NetWMName, NetLast };              /* EWMH atoms */
enum { WMProtocols, WMDelete, WMState, WMLast };        /* default atoms */
enum { ClkTagBar, ClkLtSymbol, ClkStatusText, ClkWinTitle,
       ClkClientWin, ClkRootWin, ClkLast };             /* clicks */

typedef union {
    int i;
    unsigned int ui;
    float f;
    void *v;
} Arg;

typedef struct {
    unsigned int click;
    unsigned int mask;
    unsigned int button;
    void (*func)(const Arg *arg);
    const Arg arg;
} Button;

typedef struct Client Client;
struct Client {
    char name[256];
    float mina, maxa;
    int x, y, w, h;
    int basew, baseh, incw, inch, maxw, maxh, minw, minh;
    int bw, oldbw;
    unsigned int tags;
    Bool isfixed, isfloating, isurgent;
    Client *next;
    Client *snext;
    Window win;
};

typedef struct {
    int x, y, w, h;
    unsigned long norm[ColLast];
    unsigned long sel[ColLast];
    Drawable drawable;
    GC gc;
    struct {
        int ascent;
        int descent;
        int height;
        XFontSet set;
        XFontStruct *xfont;
    } font;
} DC; /* draw context */

typedef struct {
    unsigned int mod;
    KeySym keysym;
    void (*func)(const Arg *);
    const Arg arg;
} Key;

typedef struct {
    const char *symbol;
    void (*arrange)(void);
} Layout;

typedef struct {
    const char *class;
    const char *instance;
    const char *title;
    unsigned int tags;
    Bool isfloating;
} Rule;

/* function declarations */
static void applyrules(Client *c);
static Bool applysizehints(Client *c, int *x, int *y, int *w, int *h);
static void arrange(void);
static void attach(Client *c);
static void attachstack(Client *c);
static void buttonpress(XEvent *e);
static void checkotherwm(void);
static void cleanup(void);
static void clearurgent(Client *c);
static void configure(Client *c);
static void configurenotify(XEvent *e);
static void configurerequest(XEvent *e);
static void destroynotify(XEvent *e);
static void detach(Client *c);
static void detachstack(Client *c);
static void die(const char *errstr, ...);
static void drawbar(void);
static void drawsquare(Bool filled, Bool empty, Bool invert, unsigned long col[ColLast]);
static void drawtext(const char *text, unsigned long col[ColLast], Bool invert);
static void enternotify(XEvent *e);
static void expose(XEvent *e);
static void focus(Client *c);
static void focusin(XEvent *e);
static void focusstack(const Arg *arg);
static Client *getclient(Window w);
static unsigned long getcolor(const char *colstr);
static long getstate(Window w);
static Bool gettextprop(Window w, Atom atom, char *text, unsigned int size);
static void grabbuttons(Client *c, Bool focused);
static void grabkeys(void);
static void initfont(const char *fontstr);
static Bool isprotodel(Client *c);
static void keypress(XEvent *e);
static void killclient(const Arg *arg);
static void manage(Window w, XWindowAttributes *wa);
static void mappingnotify(XEvent *e);
static void maprequest(XEvent *e);
static void monocle(void);
static void movemouse(const Arg *arg);
static Client *nexttiled(Client *c);
static void propertynotify(XEvent *e);
static void quit(const Arg *arg);
static void resize(Client *c, int x, int y, int w, int h);
static void resizemouse(const Arg *arg);
static void restack(void);
static void run(void);
static void scan(void);
static void setclientstate(Client *c, long state);
static void setlayout(const Arg *arg);
static void setmfact(const Arg *arg);
static void setup(void);
static void showhide(Client *c);
static void sigchld(int signal);
static void spawn(const Arg *arg);
static void tag(const Arg *arg);
static int textnw(const char *text, unsigned int len);
static void tile(void);
static void togglebar(const Arg *arg);
static void togglefloating(const Arg *arg);
static void toggletag(const Arg *arg);
static void toggleview(const Arg *arg);
static void unmanage(Client *c);
static void unmapnotify(XEvent *e);
static void updatebar(void);
static void updategeom(void);
static void updatenumlockmask(void);
static void updatesizehints(Client *c);
static void updatestatus(void);
static void updatetitle(Client *c);
static void updatewmhints(Client *c);
static void view(const Arg *arg);
static int xerror(Display *dpy, XErrorEvent *ee);
static int xerrordummy(Display *dpy, XErrorEvent *ee);
static int xerrorstart(Display *dpy, XErrorEvent *ee);
static void zoom(const Arg *arg);

/* variables */
static char stext[256];
static int screen;
static int sx, sy, sw, sh; /* X display screen geometry x, y, width, height */ 
static int by, bh, blw;    /* bar geometry y, height and layout symbol width */
static int wx, wy, ww, wh; /* window area geometry x, y, width, height, bar excluded */
static unsigned int seltags = 0, sellt = 0;
static int (*xerrorxlib)(Display *, XErrorEvent *);
static unsigned int numlockmask = 0;
static void (*handler[LASTEvent]) (XEvent *) = {
    [ButtonPress] = buttonpress,
    [ConfigureRequest] = configurerequest,
    [ConfigureNotify] = configurenotify,
    [DestroyNotify] = destroynotify,
    [EnterNotify] = enternotify,
    [Expose] = expose,
    [FocusIn] = focusin,
    [KeyPress] = keypress,
    [MappingNotify] = mappingnotify,
    [MapRequest] = maprequest,
    [PropertyNotify] = propertynotify,
    [UnmapNotify] = unmapnotify
};
static Atom wmatom[WMLast], netatom[NetLast];
static Bool otherwm;
static Bool running = True;
static Client *clients = NULL;
static Client *sel = NULL;
static Client *stack = NULL;
static Cursor cursor[CurLast];
static Display *dpy;
static DC dc;
static Layout *lt[] = { NULL, NULL };
static Window root, barwin;
/* configuration, allows nested code to access above variables */
#include "config.h"

struct Pertag {
	unsigned int curtag, prevtag; /* current and previous tag */
	int nmasters[LENGTH(tags) + 1]; /* number of windows in master area */
	float mfacts[LENGTH(tags) + 1]; /* mfacts per tag */
	unsigned int sellts[LENGTH(tags) + 1]; /* selected layouts */
	const Layout *ltidxs[LENGTH(tags) + 1][2]; /* matrix of tags and layouts indexes  */
	Bool showbars[LENGTH(tags) + 1]; /* display bar for the current tag */
};

/* compile-time check if all tags fit into an unsigned int bit array. */
struct NumTags { char limitexceeded[sizeof(unsigned int) * 8 < LENGTH(tags) ? -1 : 1]; };

/* function implementations */
void
applyrules(Client *c) {
    unsigned int i;
    Rule *r;
    XClassHint ch = { 0 };

/* rule matching */
    c->isfloating = c->tags = 0;
    if(XGetClassHint(dpy, c->win, &ch)) {
        for(i = 0; i < LENGTH(rules); i++) {
            r = &rules[i];
            if((!r->title || strstr(c->name, r->title))
            && (!r->class || (ch.res_class && strstr(ch.res_class, r->class)))
            && (!r->instance || (ch.res_name && strstr(ch.res_name, r->instance)))) {
                c->isfloating = r->isfloating;
                c->tags |= r->tags; 
            }
        }
        if(ch.res_class)
            XFree(ch.res_class);
        if(ch.res_name)
            XFree(ch.res_name);
    }
    c->tags = c->tags & TAGMASK ? c->tags & TAGMASK : tagset[seltags];
}

Bool
applysizehints(Client *c, int *x, int *y, int *w, int *h) {
    Bool baseismin;

/* set minimum possible */
    *w = MAX(1, *w);
    *h = MAX(1, *h);

if(*x > sx + sw)
        *x = sw - WIDTH(c);
    if(*y > sy + sh)
        *y = sh - HEIGHT(c);
    if(*x + *w + 2 * c->bw < sx)
        *x = sx;
    if(*y + *h + 2 * c->bw < sy)
        *y = sy;
    if(*h < bh)
        *h = bh;
    if(*w < bh)
        *w = bh;

if(resizehints || c->isfloating) {
        /* see last two sentences in ICCCM 4.1.2.3 */
        baseismin = c->basew == c->minw && c->baseh == c->minh;

if(!baseismin) { /* temporarily remove base dimensions */
            *w -= c->basew;
            *h -= c->baseh;
        }

/* adjust for aspect limits */
        if(c->mina > 0 && c->maxa > 0) {
            if(c->maxa < (float)*w / *h)
                *w = *h * c->maxa;
            else if(c->mina < (float)*h / *w)
                *h = *w * c->mina;
        }

if(baseismin) { /* increment calculation requires this */
            *w -= c->basew;
            *h -= c->baseh;
        }

/* adjust for increment value */
        if(c->incw)
            *w -= *w % c->incw;
        if(c->inch)
            *h -= *h % c->inch;

/* restore base dimensions */
        *w += c->basew;
        *h += c->baseh;

*w = MAX(*w, c->minw);
        *h = MAX(*h, c->minh);

if(c->maxw)
            *w = MIN(*w, c->maxw);

if(c->maxh)
            *h = MIN(*h, c->maxh);
    }
    return *x != c->x || *y != c->y || *w != c->w || *h != c->h;
}

void
arrange(void) {
    showhide(stack);
    focus(NULL);
    if(lt[sellt]->arrange)
        lt[sellt]->arrange();
    restack();
}

void
attach(Client *c) {
    c->next = clients;
    clients = c;
}

void
attachstack(Client *c) {
    c->snext = stack;
    stack = c;
}

void
buttonpress(XEvent *e) {
    unsigned int i, x, click;
    Arg arg = {0};
    Client *c;
    XButtonPressedEvent *ev = &e->xbutton;

click = ClkRootWin;
    if(ev->window == barwin) {
        i = x = 0;
        do x += TEXTW(tags[i]); while(ev->x >= x && ++i < LENGTH(tags));
        if(i < LENGTH(tags)) {
            click = ClkTagBar;
            arg.ui = 1 << i;
        }
        else if(ev->x < x + blw)
            click = ClkLtSymbol;
        else if(ev->x > wx + ww - TEXTW(stext))
            click = ClkStatusText;
        else
            click = ClkWinTitle;
    }
    else if((c = getclient(ev->window))) {
        focus(c);
        click = ClkClientWin;
    }

for(i = 0; i < LENGTH(buttons); i++)
        if(click == buttons[i].click && buttons[i].func && buttons[i].button == ev->button
           && CLEANMASK(buttons[i].mask) == CLEANMASK(ev->state))
            buttons[i].func(click == ClkTagBar && buttons[i].arg.i == 0 ? &arg : &buttons[i].arg);
}

void
checkotherwm(void) {
    otherwm = False;
    xerrorxlib = XSetErrorHandler(xerrorstart);

/* this causes an error if some other window manager is running */
    XSelectInput(dpy, DefaultRootWindow(dpy), SubstructureRedirectMask);
    XSync(dpy, False);
    if(otherwm)
        die("dwm: another window manager is already running\n");
    XSetErrorHandler(xerror);
    XSync(dpy, False);
}

void
cleanup(void) {
    Arg a = {.ui = ~0};
    Layout foo = { "", NULL };

view(&a);
    lt[sellt] = &foo;
    while(stack)
        unmanage(stack);
    if(dc.font.set)
        XFreeFontSet(dpy, dc.font.set);
    else
        XFreeFont(dpy, dc.font.xfont);
    XUngrabKey(dpy, AnyKey, AnyModifier, root);
    XFreePixmap(dpy, dc.drawable);
    XFreeGC(dpy, dc.gc);
    XFreeCursor(dpy, cursor[CurNormal]);
    XFreeCursor(dpy, cursor[CurResize]);
    XFreeCursor(dpy, cursor[CurMove]);
    XDestroyWindow(dpy, barwin);
    XSync(dpy, False);
    XSetInputFocus(dpy, PointerRoot, RevertToPointerRoot, CurrentTime);
}

void
clearurgent(Client *c) {
    XWMHints *wmh;

c->isurgent = False;
    if(!(wmh = XGetWMHints(dpy, c->win)))
        return;
    wmh->flags &= ~XUrgencyHint;
    XSetWMHints(dpy, c->win, wmh);
    XFree(wmh);
}

void
configure(Client *c) {
    XConfigureEvent ce;

ce.type = ConfigureNotify;
    ce.display = dpy;
    ce.event = c->win;
    ce.window = c->win;
    ce.x = c->x;
    ce.y = c->y;
    ce.width = c->w;
    ce.height = c->h;
    ce.border_width = c->bw;
    ce.above = None;
    ce.override_redirect = False;
    XSendEvent(dpy, c->win, False, StructureNotifyMask, (XEvent *)&ce);
}

void
configurenotify(XEvent *e) {
    XConfigureEvent *ev = &e->xconfigure;

if(ev->window == root && (ev->width != sw || ev->height != sh)) {
        sw = ev->width;
        sh = ev->height;
        updategeom();
        updatebar();
        arrange();
    }
}

void
configurerequest(XEvent *e) {
    Client *c;
    XConfigureRequestEvent *ev = &e->xconfigurerequest;
    XWindowChanges wc;

if((c = getclient(ev->window))) {
        if(ev->value_mask & CWBorderWidth)
            c->bw = ev->border_width;
        else if(c->isfloating || !lt[sellt]->arrange) {
            if(ev->value_mask & CWX)
                c->x = sx + ev->x;
            if(ev->value_mask & CWY)
                c->y = sy + ev->y;
            if(ev->value_mask & CWWidth)
                c->w = ev->width;
            if(ev->value_mask & CWHeight)
                c->h = ev->height;
            if((c->x - sx + c->w) > sw && c->isfloating)
                c->x = sx + (sw / 2 - c->w / 2); /* center in x direction */
            if((c->y - sy + c->h) > sh && c->isfloating)
                c->y = sy + (sh / 2 - c->h / 2); /* center in y direction */
            if((ev->value_mask & (CWX|CWY)) && !(ev->value_mask & (CWWidth|CWHeight)))
                configure(c);
            if(ISVISIBLE(c))
                XMoveResizeWindow(dpy, c->win, c->x, c->y, c->w, c->h);
        }
        else
            configure(c);
    }
    else {
        wc.x = ev->x;
        wc.y = ev->y;
        wc.width = ev->width;
        wc.height = ev->height;
        wc.border_width = ev->border_width;
        wc.sibling = ev->above;
        wc.stack_mode = ev->detail;
        XConfigureWindow(dpy, ev->window, ev->value_mask, &wc);
    }
    XSync(dpy, False);
}

void
destroynotify(XEvent *e) {
    Client *c;
    XDestroyWindowEvent *ev = &e->xdestroywindow;

if((c = getclient(ev->window)))
        unmanage(c);
}

void
detach(Client *c) {
    Client **tc;

for(tc = &clients; *tc && *tc != c; tc = &(*tc)->next);
    *tc = c->next;
}

void
detachstack(Client *c) {
    Client **tc;

for(tc = &stack; *tc && *tc != c; tc = &(*tc)->snext);
    *tc = c->snext;
}

void
die(const char *errstr, ...) {
    va_list ap;

va_start(ap, errstr);
    vfprintf(stderr, errstr, ap);
    va_end(ap);
    exit(EXIT_FAILURE);
}

void
drawbar(void) {
    int x;
    unsigned int i, occ = 0, urg = 0;
    unsigned long *col;
    Client *c;

for(c = clients; c; c = c->next) {
        occ |= c->tags;
        if(c->isurgent)
            urg |= c->tags;
    }

dc.x = 0;
        dc.w = TEXTW(tags[i]);
        col = tagset[seltags] & 1 << i ? dc.sel : dc.norm;
        drawtext(tags[i], col, urg & 1 << i);
        drawsquare(sel && sel->tags & 1 << i, occ & 1 << i, urg & 1 << i, col);
        dc.x += dc.w;
    }
    if(blw > 0) {
        dc.w = blw;
        drawtext(lt[sellt]->symbol, dc.norm, False);
        x = dc.x + dc.w;
    }
    else
        x = dc.x;
    dc.w = TEXTW(stext);
    dc.x = ww - dc.w;
    if(dc.x < x) {
        dc.x = x;
        dc.w = ww - x;
    }
    drawtext(stext, dc.norm, False);
    if((dc.w = dc.x - x) > bh) {
        dc.x = x;
        if(sel) {
            drawtext(sel->name, dc.sel, False);
            drawsquare(sel->isfixed, sel->isfloating, False, dc.sel);
        }
        else
            drawtext(NULL, dc.norm, False);
    }
    XCopyArea(dpy, dc.drawable, barwin, dc.gc, 0, 0, ww, bh, 0, 0);
    XSync(dpy, False);
}

void
drawsquare(Bool filled, Bool empty, Bool invert, unsigned long col[ColLast]) {
    int x;
    XGCValues gcv;
    XRectangle r = { dc.x, dc.y, dc.w, dc.h };

gcv.foreground = col[invert ? ColBG : ColFG];
    XChangeGC(dpy, dc.gc, GCForeground, &gcv);
    x = (dc.font.ascent + dc.font.descent + 2) / 4;
    r.x = dc.x + 1;
    r.y = dc.y + 1;
    if(filled) {
        r.width = r.height = x + 1;
        XFillRectangles(dpy, dc.drawable, dc.gc, &r, 1);
    }
    else if(empty) {
        r.width = r.height = x;
        XDrawRectangles(dpy, dc.drawable, dc.gc, &r, 1);
    }
}

void
drawtext(const char *text, unsigned long col[ColLast], Bool invert) {
    char buf[256];
    int i, x, y, h, len, olen;
    XRectangle r = { dc.x, dc.y, dc.w, dc.h };

XSetForeground(dpy, dc.gc, col[invert ? ColFG : ColBG]);
    XFillRectangles(dpy, dc.drawable, dc.gc, &r, 1);
    if(!text)
        return;
    olen = strlen(text);
    h = dc.font.ascent + dc.font.descent;
    y = dc.y + (dc.h / 2) - (h / 2) + dc.font.ascent;
    x = dc.x + (h / 2);
    /* shorten text if necessary */
    for(len = MIN(olen, sizeof buf); len && textnw(text, len) > dc.w - h; len--);
    if(!len)
        return;
    memcpy(buf, text, len);
    if(len < olen)
        for(i = len; i && i > len - 3; buf[--i] = '.');
    XSetForeground(dpy, dc.gc, col[invert ? ColBG : ColFG]);
    if(dc.font.set)
        XmbDrawString(dpy, dc.drawable, dc.font.set, dc.gc, x, y, buf, len);
    else
        XDrawString(dpy, dc.drawable, dc.gc, x, y, buf, len);
}

void
enternotify(XEvent *e) {
    Client *c;
    XCrossingEvent *ev = &e->xcrossing;

if((ev->mode != NotifyNormal || ev->detail == NotifyInferior) && ev->window != root)
        return;
        focus(c);
    else
        focus(NULL);
}

void
expose(XEvent *e) {
    XExposeEvent *ev = &e->xexpose;

if(ev->count == 0 && (ev->window == barwin))
        drawbar();
}

void
focus(Client *c) {
    if(!c || !ISVISIBLE(c))
        for(c = stack; c && !ISVISIBLE(c); c = c->snext);
    if(sel && sel != c) {
        grabbuttons(sel, False);
        XSetWindowBorder(dpy, sel->win, dc.norm[ColBorder]);
    }
    if(c) {
        if(c->isurgent)
            clearurgent(c);
        detachstack(c);
        attachstack(c);
        grabbuttons(c, True);
        XSetWindowBorder(dpy, c->win, dc.sel[ColBorder]);
        XSetInputFocus(dpy, c->win, RevertToPointerRoot, CurrentTime);
    }
    else
        XSetInputFocus(dpy, root, RevertToPointerRoot, CurrentTime);
    sel = c;
    drawbar();
}

void
focusin(XEvent *e) { /* there are some broken focus acquiring clients */
    XFocusChangeEvent *ev = &e->xfocus;

if(sel && ev->window != sel->win)
        XSetInputFocus(dpy, sel->win, RevertToPointerRoot, CurrentTime);
}

void
focusstack(const Arg *arg) {
    Client *c = NULL, *i;

if(!sel)
        return;
    if (arg->i > 0) {
        for(c = sel->next; c && !ISVISIBLE(c); c = c->next);
        if(!c)
            for(c = clients; c && !ISVISIBLE(c); c = c->next);
    }
    else {
        for(i = clients; i != sel; i = i->next)
            if(ISVISIBLE(i))
                c = i;
        if(!c)
            for(; i; i = i->next)
                if(ISVISIBLE(i))
                    c = i;
    }
    if(c) {
        focus(c);
        restack();
    }
}

Client *
getclient(Window w) {
    Client *c;

for(c = clients; c && c->win != w; c = c->next);
    return c;
}

unsigned long
getcolor(const char *colstr) {
    Colormap cmap = DefaultColormap(dpy, screen);
    XColor color;

if(!XAllocNamedColor(dpy, cmap, colstr, &color, &color))
        die("error, cannot allocate color '%s'\n", colstr);
    return color.pixel;
}

long
getstate(Window w) {
    int format, status;
    long result = -1;
    unsigned char *p = NULL;
    unsigned long n, extra;
    Atom real;

status = XGetWindowProperty(dpy, w, wmatom[WMState], 0L, 2L, False, wmatom[WMState],
            &real, &format, &n, &extra, (unsigned char **)&p);
    if(status != Success)
        return -1;
    if(n != 0)
        result = *p;
    XFree(p);
    return result;
}

Bool
gettextprop(Window w, Atom atom, char *text, unsigned int size) {
    char **list = NULL;
    int n;
    XTextProperty name;

if(!text || size == 0)
        return False;
    text[0] = '\0';
    XGetTextProperty(dpy, w, &name, atom);
    if(!name.nitems)
        return False;
    if(name.encoding == XA_STRING)
        strncpy(text, (char *)name.value, size - 1);
    else {
        if(XmbTextPropertyToTextList(dpy, &name, &list, &n) >= Success
        && n > 0 && *list) {
            strncpy(text, *list, size - 1);
            XFreeStringList(list);
        }
    }
    text[size - 1] = '\0';
    XFree(name.value);
    return True;
}

void
grabbuttons(Client *c, Bool focused) {
    updatenumlockmask();
    {
        unsigned int i, j;
        unsigned int modifiers[] = { 0, LockMask, numlockmask, numlockmask|LockMask };
        XUngrabButton(dpy, AnyButton, AnyModifier, c->win);
        if(focused) {
            for(i = 0; i < LENGTH(buttons); i++)
                if(buttons[i].click == ClkClientWin)
                    for(j = 0; j < LENGTH(modifiers); j++)
                        XGrabButton(dpy, buttons[i].button, buttons[i].mask | modifiers[j], c->win, False, BUTTONMASK, GrabModeAsync, GrabModeSync, None, None);
        } else
            XGrabButton(dpy, AnyButton, AnyModifier, c->win, False,
                        BUTTONMASK, GrabModeAsync, GrabModeSync, None, None);
    }
}

void
grabkeys(void) {
    updatenumlockmask();
    { /* grab keys */
        unsigned int i, j;
        unsigned int modifiers[] = { 0, LockMask, numlockmask, numlockmask|LockMask };
        KeyCode code;

XUngrabKey(dpy, AnyKey, AnyModifier, root);
        for(i = 0; i < LENGTH(keys); i++) {
            if((code = XKeysymToKeycode(dpy, keys[i].keysym)))
                for(j = 0; j < LENGTH(modifiers); j++)
                    XGrabKey(dpy, code, keys[i].mod | modifiers[j], root,
                         True, GrabModeAsync, GrabModeAsync);
        }
    }
}

void
initfont(const char *fontstr) {
    char *def, **missing;
    int i, n;

missing = NULL;
    dc.font.set = XCreateFontSet(dpy, fontstr, &missing, &n, &def);
    if(missing) {
        while(n--)
            fprintf(stderr, "dwm: missing fontset: %s\n", missing[n]);
        XFreeStringList(missing);
    }
    if(dc.font.set) {
        XFontSetExtents *font_extents;
        XFontStruct **xfonts;
        char **font_names;
        dc.font.ascent = dc.font.descent = 0;
        font_extents = XExtentsOfFontSet(dc.font.set);
        n = XFontsOfFontSet(dc.font.set, &xfonts, &font_names);
        for(i = 0, dc.font.ascent = 0, dc.font.descent = 0; i < n; i++) {
            dc.font.ascent = MAX(dc.font.ascent, (*xfonts)->ascent);
            dc.font.descent = MAX(dc.font.descent,(*xfonts)->descent);
            xfonts++;
        }
    }
    else {
        if(!(dc.font.xfont = XLoadQueryFont(dpy, fontstr))
        && !(dc.font.xfont = XLoadQueryFont(dpy, "fixed")))
            die("error, cannot load font: '%s'\n", fontstr);
        dc.font.ascent = dc.font.xfont->ascent;
        dc.font.descent = dc.font.xfont->descent;
    }
    dc.font.height = dc.font.ascent + dc.font.descent;
}

Bool
isprotodel(Client *c) {
    int i, n;
    Atom *protocols;
    Bool ret = False;

if(XGetWMProtocols(dpy, c->win, &protocols, &n)) {
        for(i = 0; !ret && i < n; i++)
            if(protocols[i] == wmatom[WMDelete])
                ret = True;
        XFree(protocols);
    }
    return ret;
}

void
keypress(XEvent *e) {
    unsigned int i;
    KeySym keysym;
    XKeyEvent *ev;

ev = &e->xkey;
    keysym = XKeycodeToKeysym(dpy, (KeyCode)ev->keycode, 0);
    for(i = 0; i < LENGTH(keys); i++)
        if(keysym == keys[i].keysym
           && CLEANMASK(keys[i].mod) == CLEANMASK(ev->state)
           && keys[i].func)
            keys[i].func(&(keys[i].arg));
}

void
killclient(const Arg *arg) {
    XEvent ev;

if(!sel)
        return;
    if(isprotodel(sel)) {
        ev.type = ClientMessage;
        ev.xclient.window = sel->win;
        ev.xclient.message_type = wmatom[WMProtocols];
        ev.xclient.format = 32;
        ev.xclient.data.l[0] = wmatom[WMDelete];
        ev.xclient.data.l[1] = CurrentTime;
        XSendEvent(dpy, sel->win, False, NoEventMask, &ev);
    }
    else
        XKillClient(dpy, sel->win);
}

void
manage(Window w, XWindowAttributes *wa) {
    static Client cz;
    Client *c, *t = NULL;
    Window trans = None;
    XWindowChanges wc;

if(!(c = malloc(sizeof(Client))))
        die("fatal: could not malloc() %u bytes\n", sizeof(Client));
    *c = cz;
    c->win = w;

/* geometry */
    c->x = wa->x;
    c->y = wa->y;
    c->w = wa->width;
    c->h = wa->height;
    c->oldbw = wa->border_width;
    if(c->w == sw && c->h == sh) {
        c->x = sx;
        c->y = sy;
        c->bw = 0;
    }
    else {
        if(c->x + WIDTH(c) > sx + sw)
            c->x = sx + sw - WIDTH(c);
        if(c->y + HEIGHT(c) > sy + sh)
            c->y = sy + sh - HEIGHT(c);
        c->x = MAX(c->x, sx);
        /* only fix client y-offset, if the client center might cover the bar */
        c->y = MAX(c->y, ((by == 0) && (c->x + (c->w / 2) >= wx) && (c->x + (c->w / 2) < wx + ww)) ? bh : sy);
        c->bw = borderpx;
    }

wc.border_width = c->bw;
    XConfigureWindow(dpy, w, CWBorderWidth, &wc);
    XSetWindowBorder(dpy, w, dc.norm[ColBorder]);
    configure(c); /* propagates border_width, if size doesn't change */
    updatesizehints(c);
    XSelectInput(dpy, w, EnterWindowMask|FocusChangeMask|PropertyChangeMask|StructureNotifyMask);
    grabbuttons(c, False);
    updatetitle(c);
    if(XGetTransientForHint(dpy, w, &trans))
        t = getclient(trans);
    if(t)
        c->tags = t->tags;
    else
        applyrules(c);
    if(!c->isfloating)
        c->isfloating = trans != None || c->isfixed;
    if(c->isfloating)
        XRaiseWindow(dpy, c->win);
    attach(c);
    attachstack(c);
    XMoveResizeWindow(dpy, c->win, c->x + 2 * sw, c->y, c->w, c->h); /* some windows require this */
    XMapWindow(dpy, c->win);
    setclientstate(c, NormalState);
    arrange();
}

void
mappingnotify(XEvent *e) {
    XMappingEvent *ev = &e->xmapping;

XRefreshKeyboardMapping(ev);
    if(ev->request == MappingKeyboard)
        grabkeys();
}

void
maprequest(XEvent *e) {
    static XWindowAttributes wa;
    XMapRequestEvent *ev = &e->xmaprequest;

if(!XGetWindowAttributes(dpy, ev->window, &wa))
        return;
    if(wa.override_redirect)
        return;
    if(!getclient(ev->window))
        manage(ev->window, &wa);
}

void
monocle(void) {
    Client *c;

for(c = nexttiled(clients); c; c = nexttiled(c->next)) {
        resize(c, wx, wy, ww - 2 * c->bw, wh - 2 * c->bw);
    }
}

void
movemouse(const Arg *arg) {
    int x, y, ocx, ocy, di, nx, ny;
    unsigned int dui;
    Client *c;
    Window dummy;
    XEvent ev;

if(!(c = sel))
        return;
    restack();
    ocx = c->x;
    ocy = c->y;
    if(XGrabPointer(dpy, root, False, MOUSEMASK, GrabModeAsync, GrabModeAsync,
    None, cursor[CurMove], CurrentTime) != GrabSuccess)
        return;
    XQueryPointer(dpy, root, &dummy, &dummy, &x, &y, &di, &di, &dui);
    do {
        XMaskEvent(dpy, MOUSEMASK|ExposureMask|SubstructureRedirectMask, &ev);
        switch (ev.type) {
        case ConfigureRequest:
        case Expose:
        case MapRequest:
            handler[ev.type](&ev);
            break;
        case MotionNotify:
            nx = ocx + (ev.xmotion.x - x);
            ny = ocy + (ev.xmotion.y - y);
            if(snap && nx >= wx && nx <= wx + ww
                    && ny >= wy && ny <= wy + wh) {
                if(abs(wx - nx) < snap)
                    nx = wx;
                else if(abs((wx + ww) - (nx + WIDTH(c))) < snap)
                    nx = wx + ww - WIDTH(c);
                if(abs(wy - ny) < snap)
                    ny = wy;
                else if(abs((wy + wh) - (ny + HEIGHT(c))) < snap)
                    ny = wy + wh - HEIGHT(c);
                if(!c->isfloating && lt[sellt]->arrange && (abs(nx - c->x) > snap || abs(ny - c->y) > snap))
                    togglefloating(NULL);
            }
            if(!lt[sellt]->arrange || c->isfloating)
                resize(c, nx, ny, c->w, c->h);
            break;
        }
    }
    while(ev.type != ButtonRelease);
    XUngrabPointer(dpy, CurrentTime);
}

Client *
nexttiled(Client *c) {
    for(; c && (c->isfloating || !ISVISIBLE(c)); c = c->next);
    return c;
}

void
propertynotify(XEvent *e) {
    Client *c;
    Window trans;
    XPropertyEvent *ev = &e->xproperty;

if((ev->window == root) && (ev->atom == XA_WM_NAME))
        updatestatus();
    else if(ev->state == PropertyDelete)
        return; /* ignore */
    else if((c = getclient(ev->window))) {
        switch (ev->atom) {
        default: break;
        case XA_WM_TRANSIENT_FOR:
            XGetTransientForHint(dpy, c->win, &trans);
            if(!c->isfloating && (c->isfloating = (getclient(trans) != NULL)))
                arrange();
            break;
        case XA_WM_NORMAL_HINTS:
            updatesizehints(c);
            break;
        case XA_WM_HINTS:
            updatewmhints(c);
            drawbar();
            break;
        }
        if(ev->atom == XA_WM_NAME || ev->atom == netatom[NetWMName]) {
            updatetitle(c);
            if(c == sel)
                drawbar();
        }
    }
}

void
quit(const Arg *arg) {
    running = False;
}

void
resize(Client *c, int x, int y, int w, int h) {
    XWindowChanges wc;

if(applysizehints(c, &x, &y, &w, &h)) {
        c->x = wc.x = x;
        c->y = wc.y = y;
        c->w = wc.width = w;
        c->h = wc.height = h;
        wc.border_width = c->bw;
        XConfigureWindow(dpy, c->win,
                CWX|CWY|CWWidth|CWHeight|CWBorderWidth, &wc);
        configure(c);
        XSync(dpy, False);
    }
}

void
resizemouse(const Arg *arg) {
    int ocx, ocy;
    int nw, nh;
    Client *c;
    XEvent ev;

if(!(c = sel))
        return;
    restack();
    ocx = c->x;
    ocy = c->y;
    if(XGrabPointer(dpy, root, False, MOUSEMASK, GrabModeAsync, GrabModeAsync,
    None, cursor[CurResize], CurrentTime) != GrabSuccess)
        return;
    XWarpPointer(dpy, None, c->win, 0, 0, 0, 0, c->w + c->bw - 1, c->h + c->bw - 1);
    do {
        XMaskEvent(dpy, MOUSEMASK|ExposureMask|SubstructureRedirectMask, &ev);
        switch(ev.type) {
        case ConfigureRequest:
        case Expose:
        case MapRequest:
            handler[ev.type](&ev);
            break;
        case MotionNotify:
            nw = MAX(ev.xmotion.x - ocx - 2 * c->bw + 1, 1);
            nh = MAX(ev.xmotion.y - ocy - 2 * c->bw + 1, 1);

if(snap && nw >= wx && nw <= wx + ww
                    && nh >= wy && nh <= wy + wh) {
                if(!c->isfloating && lt[sellt]->arrange
                   && (abs(nw - c->w) > snap || abs(nh - c->h) > snap))
                    togglefloating(NULL);
            }
                resize(c, c->x, c->y, nw, nh);
            break;
        }
    }
    while(ev.type != ButtonRelease);
    XWarpPointer(dpy, None, c->win, 0, 0, 0, 0, c->w + c->bw - 1, c->h + c->bw - 1);
    XUngrabPointer(dpy, CurrentTime);
    while(XCheckMaskEvent(dpy, EnterWindowMask, &ev));
}

void
restack(void) {
    Client *c;
    XEvent ev;
    XWindowChanges wc;

drawbar();
    if(!sel)
        return;
    if(sel->isfloating || !lt[sellt]->arrange)
        XRaiseWindow(dpy, sel->win);
    if(lt[sellt]->arrange) {
        wc.stack_mode = Below;
        wc.sibling = barwin;
        for(c = stack; c; c = c->snext)
            if(!c->isfloating && ISVISIBLE(c)) {
                XConfigureWindow(dpy, c->win, CWSibling|CWStackMode, &wc);
                wc.sibling = c->win;
            }
    }
    XSync(dpy, False);
    while(XCheckMaskEvent(dpy, EnterWindowMask, &ev));
}

void
run(void) {
    XEvent ev;

/* main event loop */
    XSync(dpy, False);
    while(running && !XNextEvent(dpy, &ev)) {
        if(handler[ev.type])
            (handler[ev.type])(&ev); /* call handler */
    }
}

void
scan(void) {
    unsigned int i, num;
    Window d1, d2, *wins = NULL;
    XWindowAttributes wa;

if(XQueryTree(dpy, root, &d1, &d2, &wins, &num)) {
        for(i = 0; i < num; i++) {
            if(!XGetWindowAttributes(dpy, wins[i], &wa)
            || wa.override_redirect || XGetTransientForHint(dpy, wins[i], &d1))
                continue;
            if(wa.map_state == IsViewable || getstate(wins[i]) == IconicState)
                manage(wins[i], &wa);
        }
        for(i = 0; i < num; i++) { /* now the transients */
            if(!XGetWindowAttributes(dpy, wins[i], &wa))
                continue;
            if(XGetTransientForHint(dpy, wins[i], &d1)
            && (wa.map_state == IsViewable || getstate(wins[i]) == IconicState))
                manage(wins[i], &wa);
        }
        if(wins)
            XFree(wins);
    }
}

void
setclientstate(Client *c, long state) {
    long data[] = {state, None};

XChangeProperty(dpy, c->win, wmatom[WMState], wmatom[WMState], 32,
            PropModeReplace, (unsigned char *)data, 2);
}

void
setlayout(const Arg *arg) {
    if(!arg || !arg->v || arg->v != lt[sellt])
        sellt ^= 1;
    if(arg && arg->v)
        lt[sellt] = (Layout *)arg->v;
    if(sel)
        arrange();
    else
        drawbar();
}

/* arg > 1.0 will set mfact absolutly */
void
setmfact(const Arg *arg) {
    float f;

if(!arg || !lt[sellt]->arrange)
        return;
    f = arg->f < 1.0 ? arg->f + mfact : arg->f - 1.0;
    if(f < 0.1 || f > 0.9)
        return;
    mfact = f;
    arrange();
}

void
setup(void) {
    unsigned int i;
    int w;
    XSetWindowAttributes wa;

/* init screen */
    screen = DefaultScreen(dpy);
    root = RootWindow(dpy, screen);
    initfont(font);
    sx = 0;
    sy = 0;
    sw = DisplayWidth(dpy, screen);
    sh = DisplayHeight(dpy, screen);
    bh = dc.h = dc.font.height + 2;
    lt[0] = &layouts[0];
    lt[1] = &layouts[1 % LENGTH(layouts)];
    updategeom();

/* init atoms */
    wmatom[WMProtocols] = XInternAtom(dpy, "WM_PROTOCOLS", False);
    wmatom[WMDelete] = XInternAtom(dpy, "WM_DELETE_WINDOW", False);
    wmatom[WMState] = XInternAtom(dpy, "WM_STATE", False);
    netatom[NetSupported] = XInternAtom(dpy, "_NET_SUPPORTED", False);
    netatom[NetWMName] = XInternAtom(dpy, "_NET_WM_NAME", False);

/* init cursors */
    wa.cursor = cursor[CurNormal] = XCreateFontCursor(dpy, XC_left_ptr);
    cursor[CurResize] = XCreateFontCursor(dpy, XC_sizing);
    cursor[CurMove] = XCreateFontCursor(dpy, XC_fleur);

/* init appearance */
    dc.norm[ColBorder] = getcolor(normbordercolor);
    dc.norm[ColBG] = getcolor(normbgcolor);
    dc.norm[ColFG] = getcolor(normfgcolor);
    dc.sel[ColBorder] = getcolor(selbordercolor);
    dc.sel[ColBG] = getcolor(selbgcolor);
    dc.sel[ColFG] = getcolor(selfgcolor);
    dc.drawable = XCreatePixmap(dpy, root, DisplayWidth(dpy, screen), bh, DefaultDepth(dpy, screen));
    dc.gc = XCreateGC(dpy, root, 0, NULL);
    XSetLineAttributes(dpy, dc.gc, 1, LineSolid, CapButt, JoinMiter);
    if(!dc.font.set)
        XSetFont(dpy, dc.gc, dc.font.xfont->fid);

/* init bar */
    for(blw = i = 0; LENGTH(layouts) > 1 && i < LENGTH(layouts); i++) {
        w = TEXTW(layouts[i].symbol);
        blw = MAX(blw, w);
    }

wa.override_redirect = True;
    wa.background_pixmap = ParentRelative;
    wa.event_mask = ButtonPressMask|ExposureMask;

barwin = XCreateWindow(dpy, root, wx, by, ww, bh, 0, DefaultDepth(dpy, screen),
            CopyFromParent, DefaultVisual(dpy, screen),
            CWOverrideRedirect|CWBackPixmap|CWEventMask, &wa);
    XDefineCursor(dpy, barwin, cursor[CurNormal]);
    XMapRaised(dpy, barwin);
    updatestatus();

/* EWMH support per view */
    XChangeProperty(dpy, root, netatom[NetSupported], XA_ATOM, 32,
            PropModeReplace, (unsigned char *) netatom, NetLast);

/* select for events */
    wa.event_mask = SubstructureRedirectMask|SubstructureNotifyMask|ButtonPressMask
            |EnterWindowMask|LeaveWindowMask|StructureNotifyMask
            |PropertyChangeMask;
    XChangeWindowAttributes(dpy, root, CWEventMask|CWCursor, &wa);
    XSelectInput(dpy, root, wa.event_mask);

grabkeys();
}

void
showhide(Client *c) {
    if(!c)
        return;
    if(ISVISIBLE(c)) { /* show clients top down */
        XMoveWindow(dpy, c->win, c->x, c->y);
            resize(c, c->x, c->y, c->w, c->h);
        showhide(c->snext);
    }
    else { /* hide clients bottom up */
        showhide(c->snext);
        XMoveWindow(dpy, c->win, c->x + 2 * sw, c->y);
    }
}

void
sigchld(int signal) {
    while(0 < waitpid(-1, NULL, WNOHANG));
}

void
spawn(const Arg *arg) {
    signal(SIGCHLD, sigchld);
    if(fork() == 0) {
        if(dpy)
            close(ConnectionNumber(dpy));
        setsid();
        execvp(((char **)arg->v)[0], (char **)arg->v);
        fprintf(stderr, "dwm: execvp %s", ((char **)arg->v)[0]);
        perror(" failed");
        exit(0);
    }
}

void
tag(const Arg *arg) {
    if(sel && arg->ui & TAGMASK) {
        sel->tags = arg->ui & TAGMASK;
        arrange();
    }
}

int
textnw(const char *text, unsigned int len) {
    XRectangle r;

if(dc.font.set) {
        XmbTextExtents(dc.font.set, text, len, NULL, &r);
        return r.width;
    }
    return XTextWidth(dc.font.xfont, text, len);
}

void
tile(void) {
    int x, y, h, w, mw;
    unsigned int i, n;
    Client *c;

for(n = 0, c = nexttiled(clients); c; c = nexttiled(c->next), n++);
    if(n == 0)
        return;

/* master */
    c = nexttiled(clients);
    mw = mfact * ww;
    resize(c, wx, wy, (n == 1 ? ww : mw) - 2 * c->bw, wh - 2 * c->bw);

if(--n == 0)
        return;

/* tile stack */
    x = (wx + mw > c->x + c->w) ? c->x + c->w + 2 * c->bw : wx + mw;
    y = wy;
    w = (wx + mw > c->x + c->w) ? wx + ww - x : ww - mw;
    h = wh / n;
    if(h < bh)
        h = wh;

for(i = 0, c = nexttiled(c->next); c; c = nexttiled(c->next), i++) {
        resize(c, x, y, w - 2 * c->bw, /* remainder */ ((i + 1 == n)
               ? wy + wh - y - 2 * c->bw : h - 2 * c->bw));
        if(h != wh)
            y = c->y + HEIGHT(c);
    }
}

void
togglebar(const Arg *arg) {
    showbar = !showbar;
    updategeom();
    updatebar();
    arrange();
}

void
togglefloating(const Arg *arg) {
    if(!sel)
        return;
    sel->isfloating = !sel->isfloating || sel->isfixed;
    if(sel->isfloating)
        resize(sel, sel->x, sel->y, sel->w, sel->h);
    arrange();
}

void
toggletag(const Arg *arg) {
    unsigned int mask;

if (!sel)
        return;

mask = sel->tags ^ (arg->ui & TAGMASK);
    if(mask) {
        sel->tags = mask;
        arrange();
    }
}

void
toggleview(const Arg *arg) {
    unsigned int mask = tagset[seltags] ^ (arg->ui & TAGMASK);

if(mask) {
        tagset[seltags] = mask;
        arrange();
    }
}

void
unmanage(Client *c) {
    XWindowChanges wc;

wc.border_width = c->oldbw;
    /* The server grab construct avoids race conditions. */
    XGrabServer(dpy);
    XSetErrorHandler(xerrordummy);
    XConfigureWindow(dpy, c->win, CWBorderWidth, &wc); /* restore border */
    detach(c);
    detachstack(c);
    if(sel == c)
        focus(NULL);
    XUngrabButton(dpy, AnyButton, AnyModifier, c->win);
    setclientstate(c, WithdrawnState);
    free(c);
    XSync(dpy, False);
    XSetErrorHandler(xerror);
    XUngrabServer(dpy);
    arrange();
}

void
unmapnotify(XEvent *e) {
    Client *c;
    XUnmapEvent *ev = &e->xunmap;

unmanage(c);
}

void
updatebar(void) {
    if(dc.drawable != 0)
        XFreePixmap(dpy, dc.drawable);
    dc.drawable = XCreatePixmap(dpy, root, ww, bh, DefaultDepth(dpy, screen));
    XMoveResizeWindow(dpy, barwin, wx, by, ww, bh);
}

void
updategeom(void) {
#ifdef XINERAMA
    int n, i = 0;
    XineramaScreenInfo *info = NULL;

/* window area geometry */
    if(XineramaIsActive(dpy) && (info = XineramaQueryScreens(dpy, &n))) { 
        if(n > 1) {
            int di, x, y;
            unsigned int dui;
            Window dummy;
            if(XQueryPointer(dpy, root, &dummy, &dummy, &x, &y, &di, &di, &dui))
                for(i = 0; i < n; i++)
                    if(INRECT(x, y, info[i].x_org, info[i].y_org, info[i].width, info[i].height))
                        break;
        }
        wx = info[i].x_org;
        wy = showbar && topbar ?  info[i].y_org + bh : info[i].y_org;
        ww = info[i].width;
        wh = showbar ? info[i].height - bh - BOTTOM_BAR_HEIGHT : info[i].height;
        XFree(info);
    }
    else
#endif
    {
        wx = sx;
        wy = showbar && topbar ? sy + bh : sy;
        ww = sw;
        wh = showbar ? sh - bh : sh;
    }

/* bar position */
    by = showbar ? (topbar ? wy - bh : wy + wh) : -bh;
}

void
updatenumlockmask(void) {
    unsigned int i, j;
    XModifierKeymap *modmap;

numlockmask = 0;
    modmap = XGetModifierMapping(dpy);
    for(i = 0; i < 8; i++)
        for(j = 0; j < modmap->max_keypermod; j++)
            if(modmap->modifiermap[i * modmap->max_keypermod + j] == XKeysymToKeycode(dpy, XK_Num_Lock))
                numlockmask = (1 << i);
    XFreeModifiermap(modmap);
}

void
updatesizehints(Client *c) {
    long msize;
    XSizeHints size;

if(!XGetWMNormalHints(dpy, c->win, &size, &msize))
        /* size is uninitialized, ensure that size.flags aren't used */
        size.flags = PSize; 
    if(size.flags & PBaseSize) {
        c->basew = size.base_width;
        c->baseh = size.base_height;
    }
    else if(size.flags & PMinSize) {
        c->basew = size.min_width;
        c->baseh = size.min_height;
    }
    else
        c->basew = c->baseh = 0;
    if(size.flags & PResizeInc) {
        c->incw = size.width_inc;
        c->inch = size.height_inc;
    }
    else
        c->incw = c->inch = 0;
    if(size.flags & PMaxSize) {
        c->maxw = size.max_width;
        c->maxh = size.max_height;
    }
    else
        c->maxw = c->maxh = 0;
    if(size.flags & PMinSize) {
        c->minw = size.min_width;
        c->minh = size.min_height;
    }
    else if(size.flags & PBaseSize) {
        c->minw = size.base_width;
        c->minh = size.base_height;
    }
    else
        c->minw = c->minh = 0;
    if(size.flags & PAspect) {
        c->mina = (float)size.min_aspect.y / (float)size.min_aspect.x;
        c->maxa = (float)size.max_aspect.x / (float)size.max_aspect.y;
    }
    else
        c->maxa = c->mina = 0.0;
    c->isfixed = (c->maxw && c->minw && c->maxh && c->minh
                 && c->maxw == c->minw && c->maxh == c->minh);
}

void
updatetitle(Client *c) {
    if(!gettextprop(c->win, netatom[NetWMName], c->name, sizeof c->name))
        gettextprop(c->win, XA_WM_NAME, c->name, sizeof c->name);
}

void
updatestatus() {
    if(!gettextprop(root, XA_WM_NAME, stext, sizeof(stext)))
        strcpy(stext, "dwm-"VERSION);
    drawbar();
}

void
updatewmhints(Client *c) {
    XWMHints *wmh;

if((wmh = XGetWMHints(dpy, c->win))) {
        if(c == sel && wmh->flags & XUrgencyHint) {
            wmh->flags &= ~XUrgencyHint;
            XSetWMHints(dpy, c->win, wmh);
        }
        else
            c->isurgent = (wmh->flags & XUrgencyHint) ? True : False;

XFree(wmh);
    }
}

void
view(const Arg *arg) {
    if((arg->ui & TAGMASK) == tagset[seltags])
        return;
    seltags ^= 1; /* toggle sel tagset */
    if(arg->ui & TAGMASK)
        tagset[seltags] = arg->ui & TAGMASK;
    arrange();
}

/* There's no way to check accesses to destroyed windows, thus those cases are
 * ignored (especially on UnmapNotify's).  Other types of errors call Xlibs
 * default error handler, which may call exit.  */
int
xerror(Display *dpy, XErrorEvent *ee) {
    if(ee->error_code == BadWindow
    || (ee->request_code == X_SetInputFocus && ee->error_code == BadMatch)
    || (ee->request_code == X_PolyText8 && ee->error_code == BadDrawable)
    || (ee->request_code == X_PolyFillRectangle && ee->error_code == BadDrawable)
    || (ee->request_code == X_PolySegment && ee->error_code == BadDrawable)
    || (ee->request_code == X_ConfigureWindow && ee->error_code == BadMatch)
    || (ee->request_code == X_GrabButton && ee->error_code == BadAccess)
    || (ee->request_code == X_GrabKey && ee->error_code == BadAccess)
    || (ee->request_code == X_CopyArea && ee->error_code == BadDrawable))
        return 0;
    fprintf(stderr, "dwm: fatal error: request code=%d, error code=%d\n",
            ee->request_code, ee->error_code);
    return xerrorxlib(dpy, ee); /* may call exit */
}

int
xerrordummy(Display *dpy, XErrorEvent *ee) {
    return 0;
}

/* Startup Error handler to check if another window manager
 * is already running. */
int
xerrorstart(Display *dpy, XErrorEvent *ee) {
    otherwm = True;
    return -1;
}

void
zoom(const Arg *arg) {
    Client *c = sel;

if(!lt[sellt]->arrange || lt[sellt]->arrange == monocle || (sel && sel->isfloating))
        return;
    if(c == nexttiled(clients))
        if(!c || !(c = nexttiled(c->next)))
            return;
    detach(c);
    attach(c);
    focus(c);
    arrange();
}

int
main(int argc, char *argv[]) {
    if(argc == 2 && !strcmp("-v", argv[1]))
        die("dwm-"VERSION", © 2006-2009 dwm engineers, see LICENSE for details\n");
    else if(argc != 1)
        die("usage: dwm [-v]\n");

if(!setlocale(LC_CTYPE, "") || !XSupportsLocale())
        fputs("warning: no locale support\n", stderr);

if(!(dpy = XOpenDisplay(NULL)))
        die("dwm: cannot open display\n");

checkotherwm();
    setup();
    scan();
    run();
    cleanup();

XCloseDisplay(dpy);
    return 0;
}

Thank you very much.