You are not logged in.

#26 2011-07-21 08:35:19

karol
Archivist

Re: Keeping arch system clean

DasFox wrote:

So how would we use it to do that as well?

Errr, that's a simple tar command, you need to specify the path where the resulting compressed and archive db will be stored. I have no idea where do you want to put it, I would do

tar cfz /home/karol/backup/pacman-database.tgz /var/lib/pacman/local

#27 2011-07-21 08:57:33

Meyithi
Website

Since this thread has been resurrected from 16 months back, that script I posted contains

sudo pacman-optimize && sync

Since then, the DB format has changed and I'm not sure if the pacman-optimize script is still useful, it may even be harmful for all I know.  I'm still using it due to being too lazy to update my scripts but I've not looked into if it causes any harm or makes any concern-able difference with the new DB format.

The mind roams more freely in empty rooms.
dwm - colours - ncmpcpp - system
irc://irc.freenode.net:meyithi

#28 2011-07-21 09:00:47

karol
Archivist

Meyithi wrote:

Since this thread has been resurrected from 16 months back, that script I posted contains

sudo pacman-optimize && sync

Since then, the DB format has changed and I'm not sure if the pacman-optimize script is still useful, it may even be harmful for all I know.  I'm still using it due to being too lazy to update my scripts but I've not looked into if it causes any harm or makes any concern-able difference with the new DB format.

I've been doing some tests myself and I don't think it does much but wastes some time for the "optimization". No harm so far though.

Board footer