You are not logged in.

#26 2010-05-15 13:16:13

kazuo
Website

Re: What is the status of Arch64

martin77 wrote:

Following The Arch Way I usually do my research[...]

And following The Arch Way, you read about good posting. This is a topic about "status of arch64" not "no audio with flash 64bits in Gnome".

#27 2010-05-15 16:38:37

ngoonee
Forum Fellow

martin77 wrote:
creatid wrote:

I am using 64bit firefox + flash without any issues. No 32bit software at all on my boxes.
The only thing that I can't use yet is Skype. I can live without it because I can use my PSP for that :-)
And Wine has no 64bit version yet, but so far I have no need for it.

So for me the status of Arch x86_64 is: all systems go!

frigaut wrote:

yes, it works great. I run the 64 bits flash, and 32 bits skype with the 32 bits libraries.
no significant issue. very stable. and, in my experience, faster than 32bits for heavy numerical calculations (even though you may not care and YMMV), which is important for my work.

Guys:
Following The Arch Way I usually do my research and try to resolve my own problems without bothering you with n00b questions. However when I actually found the way to fix that problems I post the explanation here so other green users like me can have it a little easier.
Said that, I'm burned about making flash work (and usually multimedia) ok in KDE SC (4.4.3) on a Arch x64 system.

Flash movies play well but with no audio when in GNOME -the other DE/WM I tried- flash run smooth. Any idea!? I installed flashplugin packet from extra, would help in any way using ndiswrapper?

Running a fresh install of Arch x64 + KDE SC - installed yesterday, still tweaking some things.

Suggestion: another aspect of following the Arch way is to put different topics in a new thread. This doesn't really apply to the thread title.

Allan-Volunteer on the (topic being discussed) mailn lists. You never get the people who matters attention on the forums.
jasonwryan-Installing Arch is a measure of your literacy. Maintaining Arch is a measure of your diligence. Contributing to Arch is a measure of your competence.
Griemak-Bleeding edge, not bleeding flat. Edge denotes falls will occur from time to time. Bring your own parachute.

#28 2010-05-16 00:54:11

martin77

Oops, you're right guys, thanks for pointing that.

Board footer