You are not logged in.

#276 2011-05-17 00:06:21

cbrunos

Re: dwb - a webkit web browser

Indeed, by removing nspluginwrapper and installing flashplugin prerealease, dwb works again. Thanks!

Xmonad gets sh*t done. Fast.

#277 2011-05-17 06:43:36

flak999

Hey,
I have similar problem but with google-gadgets

[mariusz@xiang-work ~]$ /usr/bin/ggl-gtk %F
*** NSPlugin Wrapper *** WARNING:(/build/src/nspluginwrapper-1.4.0/src/npw-wrapper.c:3558):invoke_NP_Initialize: assertion failed: (rpc_method_invoke_possible(g_rpc_connection))
Segmention fault
[mariusz@xiang-work ~]$ *** NSPlugin Viewer  *** ERROR: rpc_end_sync called when not in sync!

Regards

#278 2011-05-17 15:31:07

davidben

Hi guys,

(I'm the new nspluginwrapper maintainer. Came across this page via Google search.) So, I went and built dwb myself and wasn't able reproduce it. One thought is that the viewer got out of sync with the wrapper half of the plug-in. I glanced at the arch package, and it seems to try to update the wrappers. In any case, you can check by running

nspluginwrapper -l

The wrapper version string should be 1.4.0-1 for all your plugins. If it's something older, you'll need to update the wrapper. The easiest way to do this is to run

nspluginwrapper -v -u /path/to/wrapper

You'll want to run as root if the wrapper you're upgrading is installed system-wide or it'll just plop a new one into .mozilla/plugins. (Wrapper management in nspluginwrapper is a mess right now. I plan to try to make it saner in 1.6.0, but I didn't want to delay getting a new version out that long; before my releases, it'd been two years since the last one, and there were a lot of bugs.

If that doesn't work, running your browser with

NPW_DEBUG=1

may shed some light.

#279 2011-05-17 18:39:11

bluewind
Administrator
Website

The segfault problem has been fixed in nspluginwrapper-1.4.0-2

#280 2011-06-03 07:08:11

tacticalbread
Website

Is it possible to auto-redirect HTML 302 and 301 status codes? I can't seem to get to github at all without it, and I get lots of other 301s. :<

edit: a couple more things.

Is there any rhyme or reason to where new tabs/views are positioned in the tab bar? Sometimes they'll open at the end, sometimes at the start. Would it be possible to make new tabs/views open after the current one?

And, sometimes when I use Shift+f to open a link in a new tab/view it also opens the homepage in another new tab/view. No idea why it's doing that.

Last edited by tacticalbread (2011-06-04 04:03:12)

don't save us from the flames

#281 2011-06-04 09:59:51

portix

tacticalbread wrote:

Is it possible to auto-redirect HTML 302 and 301 status codes? I can't seem to get to github at all without it, and I get lots of other 301s. :<

Loading errors are not handled at all by dwb. If webkit doesn't redirect, dwb won't redirect. I never noticed problems on github.

tacticalbread wrote:

edit: a couple more things.

Is there any rhyme or reason to where new tabs/views are positioned in the tab bar? Sometimes they'll open at the end, sometimes at the start. Would it be possible to make new tabs/views open after the current one?

And, sometimes when I use Shift+f to open a link in a new tab/view it also opens the homepage in another new tab/view. No idea why it's doing that.

New  tabs are always positioned at the beginning if they are opened in foreground, and after the last tab if they are opened in background. I could change this behaviour at least in non-tiling mode, in tiling mode the normal behaviour of positioning tabs after the current tab makes no sense, but currently i have started to reimplement most parts of dwb because there were some big changes with the latest webkit-release. Positioning tabs after the current tab will be the default behaviour in the new version.

#282 2011-06-05 00:55:16

tacticalbread
Website

portix wrote:
tacticalbread wrote:

Loading errors are not handled at all by dwb. If webkit doesn't redirect, dwb won't redirect. I never noticed problems on github.

Well, I just reinstalled libwebkit, and now it works fine. ._.

portix wrote:

New  tabs are always positioned at the beginning if they are opened in foreground, and after the last tab if they are opened in background. I could change this behaviour at least in non-tiling mode, in tiling mode the normal behaviour of positioning tabs after the current tab makes no sense, but currently i have started to reimplement most parts of dwb because there were some big changes with the latest webkit-release. Positioning tabs after the current tab will be the default behaviour in the new version.

Yeah, I was saying for non-tiling mode. And awesome, I'm looking forward to it! :) Thanks!

#283 2011-06-15 20:05:51

dhgwilliam

having a hard time scanning all 12 pages of posts so forgive me if this has been answered:
- when in insert mode I find that I cannot usually use ctrl-backspace to delete previous word. this works fine in command mode and inexplicably OCCASIONALLY works in insert mode.

- also, i guess this is something i will keep looking for but if there's a way to automatically enter insert mode after, e.g. esc-gi or when clicking on an editable element, that would be great (EDIT II: frustratingly, this seems to work SOMETIMES, e.g. when i execute ESC-gi on duckduckgo.com it works properly but does not, say, on this very BBS page)
  - similarly, if there's a way to force certain URLs (regex matching, e.g.) into permananent insert mode, i would like to be apprised of that as well

EDIT: a few other things while we're at it (point me to a bugtracker and I will submit bugs if at all possible)
- right-click "Copy Link Location" does not work for me at all
- yy and yY frequently fail to work as well, esp. yY

Last edited by dhgwilliam (2011-06-15 20:20:41)

#284 2011-06-15 22:05:03

portix

dhgwilliam wrote:

having a hard time scanning all 12 pages of posts so forgive me if this has been answered:
- when in insert mode I find that I cannot usually use ctrl-backspace to delete previous word. this works fine in command mode and inexplicably OCCASIONALLY works in insert mode.

This should be fixed, check the latest revision.

dhgwilliam wrote:

- also, i guess this is something i will keep looking for but if there's a way to automatically enter insert mode after, e.g. esc-gi or when clicking on an editable element, that would be great (EDIT II: frustratingly, this seems to work SOMETIMES, e.g. when i execute ESC-gi on duckduckgo.com it works properly but does not, say, on this very BBS page)

'gi' is intended to switch between editable elements, so if 'gi' would bring you in insert mode, you could not focus the next editable element. Clicking on a editable element will enter insert mode unless webkit reports that the element isn't editable.

dhgwilliam wrote:

- similarly, if there's a way to force certain URLs (regex matching, e.g.) into permananent insert mode, i would like to be apprised of that as well

This is not possible and it will not be implemented because if you were in insert mode permanently, there is no chance to get back to normalmode.

dhgwilliam wrote:

EDIT: a few other things while we're at it (point me to a bugtracker and I will submit bugs if at all possible)
- right-click "Copy Link Location" does not work for me at all
- yy and yY frequently fail to work as well, esp. yY

The Copy Link Location is a webkit builtin feature, so this seems to be a bug in webkit-gtk. I never noticed that yy and yY failed, but i will have a look into it.

#285 2011-06-15 22:10:05

dhgwilliam

portix wrote:
dhgwilliam wrote:

This is not possible and it will not be implemented because if you were in insert mode permanently, there is no chance to get back to normalmode.

I think what I meant here was not "permanently" but "on focus," i.e. when i load gmail.com (for example) I enter insert mode without hitting i (but can still hit escape to leave insert mode)

#286 2011-06-15 22:35:34

portix

Ok, then i misunderstood. Currently this isn't possible, but i already thought about adding this feature. As a workaround you can put a script like this

window.onload = function () {
  var a = document.activeElement;
  if (a instanceof HTMLTextAreaElement || 
      (a instanceof HTMLInputElement && (a.type == 'text' || a.type == 'password'))) 
    console.log('_dwb_input_mode_');
}

in ~/.config/dwb/scripts, this will enter insertmode if an editable element has focus, or if you prefer a url-based version you can create a script like this

window.onload = function () {
  var regex = new RegExp('.*duckduckgo.*|.*bbs.archlinux.*');
  if (regex.test(location.href)) {
    console.log('_dwb_input_mode_');
  }
}

I think the former will be an optional builtin behaviour in future revisions.

#287 2011-06-16 20:22:53

Psyce

Hey Portix still the bug with t and !t opens open new view and its with all keys

#288 2011-06-16 21:53:41

portix

Psyce wrote:

Hey Portix still the bug with t and !t opens open new view and its with all keys

I just forgot about it but it is fixed now, check the latest revision.

#289 2011-07-01 15:08:37

franziskaner.fan
Website

Good afternoon,
First of all, thanks for this wonderful alternative to the "common" browsers.
I'm impressed with your work since second 0 I saw this alternative in arch wiki smile
I've 2 questions/comments, I'm running crazy trying to locate a full page of documentation about dwb but, I can't locate.
I mean, not just the common keyboard shortcuts, I'm looking for a full customization howto or so.

For example, I'm trying to change the opening tab mode to normal (in dwb) to the "normal" in firefox or opera. If I'm in tab [0] and I open a new tab, I want that the original tab remains on Tab[0].

The second one, I haven't seen if there's a way to change between tab's. ie: Xb in vimperator, where X is the tab number. Crtl+1..N Or Alt+1..N. Or maybe Crtl+a N (screen style)

Sorry if you have comment out this before, I hadn't read the whole post, but I've been searching and I couldn't find any info about that.

Thanks again!

#290 2011-07-01 15:17:42

firecat53
Website

franziskaner.fan wrote:

Good afternoon,
For example, I'm trying to change the opening tab mode to normal (in dwb) to the "normal" in firefox or opera. If I'm in tab [0] and I open a new tab, I want that the original tab remains on Tab[0].

The second one, I haven't seen if there's a way to change between tab's. ie: Xb in vimperator, where X is the tab number. Crtl+1..N Or Alt+1..N. Or maybe Crtl+a N (screen style)

For your 2nd issue, J and K move between tabs (shift-j, shift-k). So obvious in hindsight smile I'm not sure about the first one though...perhaps someone else can weigh in.

Scott

edit: you found 'man dwb', right?

Last edited by firecat53 (2011-07-01 15:19:06)

#291 2011-07-01 15:45:17

franziskaner.fan
Website

Yes, I know that shortcuts, as I said, the 1st I did was look for info tongue
But when you usually has 25+ tab's opened, go 1 by 1 is very slow wink
That's the reason for the "quick tab change" like vimperator/screen has.
Thanks anyway smile

In the same way, there a way to do a quick tab switch, like "Crtl+6" in vimperator or "Crtl+a a" in screen?

Last edited by franziskaner.fan (2011-07-01 15:48:57)

#292 2011-07-01 16:19:43

portix

franziskaner.fan wrote:

This is not possible, but since is the common behaviour of most browsers this will be implemented in the next days. You were not the first who asked for this behaviour.

franziskaner.fan wrote:

There is a shortcut for it but i just realised that it is ignored, so i fixed it in the current revision (rev. 407). The shortcut is called focus_nth_view and it's default mapping is T. So e.g. "4T" will focus the 4th tab.

There is no documentation other than the man page. All settings and shortcuts can be modified on dwb://settings and dwb://keys respectively. I think most of the settings are self-explanatory.

#293 2011-07-01 17:53:46

tacticalbread
Website

Just a quick question, is there anything special I need to do to get userscripts working, or are they even supported? The main script I want is the Reddit Enhancement Suite, for its keyboard shortcuts.

Last edited by tacticalbread (2011-07-01 18:05:06)

#294 2011-07-01 18:25:57

portix

tacticalbread wrote:

Just a quick question, is there anything special I need to do to get userscripts working, or are they even supported? The main script I want is the Reddit Enhancement Suite, for its keyboard shortcuts.

No, there is nothing special, just enable scripts, which is the default, and copy the script to ~/.config/dwb/scripts. I don't know if the Reddit Enhancement Suite works with dwb, not all scripts are compatible with every browser. Also scripts with shortcuts might cause problems if the shortcuts conflict with dwb shortcuts.

#295 2011-07-01 18:31:51

tacticalbread
Website

portix wrote:

No, there is nothing special, just enable scripts, which is the default, and copy the script to ~/.config/dwb/scripts. I don't know if the Reddit Enhancement Suite works with dwb, not all scripts are compatible with every browser.

Well that doesn't work, it just makes it so follow shortcuts don't work. Oh well ;_;

portix wrote:

Also scripts with shortcuts might cause problems if the shortcuts conflict with dwb shortcuts.

I was hoping it would work like DuckDuckGo does, and respond to the shortcuts when in insert mode.

#296 2011-07-01 21:57:24

portix

tacticalbread wrote:
portix wrote:

No, there is nothing special, just enable scripts, which is the default, and copy the script to ~/.config/dwb/scripts. I don't know if the Reddit Enhancement Suite works with dwb, not all scripts are compatible with every browser.

Well that doesn't work, it just makes it so follow shortcuts don't work. Oh well ;_;

Ok, then it seems that the script isn't compatible with dwb or webkitgtk in general but i haven't looked in that script so I'm not sure about that.

#297 2011-07-03 23:29:38

tacticalbread
Website

portix wrote:
tacticalbread wrote:
portix wrote:

Ok, then it seems that the script isn't compatible with dwb or webkitgtk in general but i haven't looked in that script so I'm not sure about that.

I tried it in Jumanji, and it would randomly work on maybe 1 in 20 pages, so I guess it just doesn't work with dwb.

Last edited by tacticalbread (2011-07-03 23:30:01)

#298 2011-07-06 00:46:02

firecat53
Website

Can anyone else load vim.wikia.com? It loads partway and then freezes with a steadily climbing cpu usage. Have to kill the process to close it. Is this a webkit problem or just another one of my own configuration bugs? tongue  If it's not just me, I'll submit a bug report to Portix

Thanks!
Scott

#299 2011-07-06 00:53:01

mhertz

It works fine in latest jumanji-git(also webkit), and I also just to test, installed latest dwb-hg and no problems there either...

edit: On a sidenote, then wow, im really impressed about portix's development phase with all these new config-screens and configuration-capabilities... Nice work indeed!

Last edited by mhertz (2011-07-06 00:55:11)

#300 2011-07-06 16:17:38

portix

firecat53 wrote:

Can anyone else load vim.wikia.com? It loads partway and then freezes with a steadily climbing cpu usage. Have to kill the process to close it. Is this a webkit problem or just another one of my own configuration bugs? tongue  If it's not just me, I'll submit a bug report to Portix

Are you using a adblocking filterlist? It seems that this only happens with enabled adblocker, so maybe this is not a webkit bug.

Board footer