You are not logged in.

#776 2012-04-27 15:54:10

portix

Re: dwb - a webkit web browser

Onyros wrote:

portix, it's still happening to me and the only way to regain access is to clear the cookies file. This morning I couldn't even access the site, backed up the cookies file and threw in a clean one - bang: instant access. Tried using the cookies file again and the site didn't load up.

I will look into it but currently i don't have much time, if you file a bugreport on bitbucket i won't forget it.

#777 2012-04-27 19:21:26

Onyros

Just did, kind sir smile Thank you for keeping an eye out here, though. I don't have the habit of filing bug reports - which I'm very ashamed of - but I'll do my best. Most of the times, someone catches 'em first, but I didn't see this one reported.

#778 2012-04-29 00:26:37

nem

is it just me, or does 'background-tabs' not work anymore? new tabs are always focussed.

#779 2012-04-29 00:32:51

portix

The only thing that has changed is: tabhints (mapped to 'F') always opens tabs in foreground, the new hint mode backhints (mapped to ;b) always opens hints in background.

#780 2012-04-29 00:42:40

nem

and as always it turns out, dwb has evolved even more smile thanks.

great job man! dwb has become my standard browser for months now.

#781 2012-04-29 19:12:35

kevin89
Arch Linux f@h Team Member

Reded wrote:

Hi, for the past couple of days downloading things with dwb hasn't gotten anywhere. I click the download, type in my download path, and the download bar appears, but just has (name of file) ???

Seems to happen with anything I download through browser! I'm fairly sure I haven't messed with any setup files I shouldn't have, so I'm not sure what else to do.

I've been experiencing this as well, everything I download results in an empty file created in my download directory. Using dwb-hg 1225-1 and libwebkit 1.8.1-1.

On a sidenote, background tabs with ;b is convenient, thanks! Also using dwb as my standard browser here, so hooray to you sir!

#782 2012-04-29 19:25:32

portix

kevin89 wrote:

I've been experiencing this as well, everything I download results in an empty file created in my download directory. Using dwb-hg 1225-1 and libwebkit 1.8.1-1.

This issue was fixed with revision 1227, so you probably should update to tip.

#783 2012-05-03 20:09:33

freek
Website

How do I get flash (Youtube) working ..
Using Google-chrome as default browser, uzbl and surf for fun .. flash (Youtube) works 'out of the box"
Love dwb .. but .. flash (Youtube) doesn't work (result: little blue 'lego' block with questionmarks)

Debian testing, dwb 0.1.0 (just apt-get install dwb), flashplugin-non free 1:2.8.3 installed) .. but no flash (You tube) ..

Must be something simple .. but

Help please .. wink

there's no business like .. your own business

#784 2012-05-03 20:41:52

portix

The package in debian is linked against libwebkit3 and libwebkit3 has no native flash-support. Using libwebkit3 flash only works using nspluginwrapper.

#785 2012-05-03 21:48:56

freek
Website

OMG .. can't install nspluginwrapper (apt-get install nspluginwrapper doesn't work .. and dpgk -i the downloaded nspluginwrapper.deb from alternative source doesn't work as well) .. so no flash (youtube) for now then ..
Love dwb, so will be using / learning .. waiting for update in the debian-package so flash will work ..

Keep up the good work .. I'm in love with this browser .. wink

there's no business like .. your own business

#786 2012-05-05 16:29:33

Army

I want to try dwb heavily now, because luakit is just too buggy imo. The key combinations in dwb are strange for me, because I'm used to luakit's and pentadactyl's, but I'll either learn dwb's or change them. For now I'll leave them.

What I'd like to implement is to execute a command if the url matches something, e.g. I want to run "transmission-remote-cli $URL" if the url starts with "magnet:" or ends with ".torrent". Is this possible with dwb, if so, how?

#787 2012-05-05 16:53:09

portix

Currently there is only a setting 'scheme-handler' that executes the argument for unsupported url-schemes like 'magnet:'. For now dwb doesn't have the possibility to execute commands based on the url.
But this is possible in the scripts branch which will be merged into the default branch after some testing in a few weeks. If you want to try the scripts branch you can achieve it with the following script in ~/.config/dwb/userscripts

#!javascript 

signals.connect("navigation", function(wv, frame, request) {
  if (/^magnet:.*|.*\.torrent$/.test(request.uri)) {
    system.spawn("transmission-remote-cli " + request.uri);
    return true;
  }
});

There is also a api documentation which possibly is not the final api since the scripts branch is under development.

Edit: the function should return true if the signal is handled.

Last edited by portix (2012-05-05 17:08:12)

#788 2012-05-05 19:10:46

bananagranola
Website

I tried using the Reddit Enhancement Suite userscript in luakit today (just to see if it was possible in a non-Chrome, Firefox, Opera, or Safari browser). It works fine. I tried putting the same script (reddit_enhancement_suite.user.js from userscripts.org) in /scripts and /userscripts for dwb; no dice. Does anyone happen to have gotten RES working in dwb?

#789 2012-05-05 20:08:04

portix

Most scripts from userscripts.org must be injected when the site is completely loaded but dwb's default is to inject script before the site is loaded. If you put the script in ~/.config/dwb/scripts with filename extension .onload.js the script will be injected when the site has loaded. However, dwb currently does not support greasemonkey rules so scripts will be injected into every site.
And ~/.config/dwb/scripts will be ignored after the scripts branched has merged into the default branch, scripts can then be loaded using a userscripts extension that also supports greasemonkey rules.

#790 2012-05-05 21:29:47

bananagranola
Website

I cloned the scripts branch...and I'm feeling rather silly, since I can't quite figure out how to load a script using a userscript extension. Oh, well. Thanks for the info, and I can just wait for the merge.

#791 2012-05-06 10:03:54

portix

I started writing the userscript extension on thursday and it isn't in the repository since it is not done yet. Loading extensions basically can be done through a userscript

#!javascript 

extensions.load("name")

but there are only 2 working extensions yet, autoquvi which automatically plays flash videos in an external player and perdomainsettings.

#792 2012-05-06 17:27:56

bananagranola
Website

Oh, ok, great! Thanks for all your development on dwb.

#793 2012-05-06 20:29:15

Army

Ok, other questions (I'll look at the scripts branch soon)
- How can I make dwb focus the tab _right_ of the current one after I close the corrent one with 'd'? The default behavior seems to be to focus the tab _left_ of the current one, which I don't like.
- Is it possible to open e.g. a downloaded pdf file in e.g. mupdf after the download is finished? Can this be done with the scripts branch? If so, a simple example would be very appreciated!

#794 2012-05-06 20:54:56

portix

Army wrote:

- How can I make dwb focus the tab _right_ of the current one after I close the corrent one with 'd'? The default behavior seems to be to focus the tab _left_ of the current one, which I don't like.

I think there was a feature request for that behavior with a patch attached on the bugtracker, i will see if this could be easily applied.

Army wrote:

- Is it possible to open e.g. a downloaded pdf file in e.g. mupdf after the download is finished? Can this be done with the scripts branch? If so, a simple example would be very appreciated!

This is possible with the scripts branch but it is also builtin, before a download starts you will be prompted for a path, if you press Control-x you can choose an applictation that will open the file, you can also use tab-completion for applications in the default searchpath. dwb then saves your last choice for the next time.

#795 2012-05-06 22:38:01

portix

I created a new option 'close-tab-focus-policy' with possible values left, right, leftmost and rightmost.

#796 2012-05-07 03:17:47

vekin

I am trying to use the new extension perdomainsettings, I have it loading and I created ~/.config/dwb/extensionrc with the example in perdomainsettings extension.
However when I start dwb, I get the following.

DWB EXTENSION ERROR: extension perdomainsettings: loading config failed : SyntaxError: Unexpected token ':'
DWB EXTENSION ERROR: extension perdomainsettings: Missing config
DWB EXTENSION ERROR: extension perdomainsettings: Initialization failed.

#797 2012-05-07 07:41:50

portix

The example config may be a bit misleading, the extensionsrc is a javascript file and must follow the format

return {
  nameofextension1 : {
       option1 : value1,
       option2 : value2
  },
  nameofextension2 : {
     option1 : value1
  } 
}

so it basically only returns a json-object. I now also added the option to load the config with the the load function

extensions.load("perdomainsettings", {
  domains {  
    "example.com"     : { "enablePlugins"  : true },
    "example.co.uk"   : { "enableScripts"  : true }
  }
  defaults : {
    "enablePlugins"   : false
    "enableScripts"   : false
  }
});

#798 2012-05-07 09:45:00

Army

portix wrote:
Army wrote:

This is possible with the scripts branch but it is also builtin, before a download starts you will be prompted for a path, if you press Control-x you can choose an applictation that will open the file, you can also use tab-completion for applications in the default searchpath. dwb then saves your last choice for the next time.

Ok, I configured dwb to download files into /tmp automatically

download-directory=/tmp
download-no-confirm=true

(from ~/.config/dwb/settings)
Is it still possible then?

#799 2012-05-07 10:31:28

portix

This will only work in the scripts branch:

signals.connect("downloadStatus", function (d) {
  if (d.status == DownloadStatus.finished && (/.*\.pdf$/.test(d.destinationUri)) ) {
    system.spawn("mupdf " + d.destinationUri.substring(7));
  }
});

You also need the latest revision because the internal downloader was broken in the scripts branch with webkit-1.8 but it was fixed in the default branch, i just merged the fix into the scripts branch. If you wait for 1 or 2 weeks the scripts branch will be merged into the default branch.

#800 2012-05-07 10:51:46

Army

Thanks a lot portix, also because of close-tab-focus-policy. I'll wait for the scripts branch, right now I'm pretty happy with dwb. I already removed luakit from my system wink With the possibilities the scripts branch will offer, there won't be much left to complain about. And thanks for the examples, without those the ability to handle scripts would be useless for me wink

edit: Found a little bug, I hope it's ok if I provide this little patch here

diff -paur dwb/src/config.h dwb.new/src/config.h
--- dwb/src/config.h	2012-05-07 11:37:10.890629391 +0200
+++ dwb.new/src/config.h	2012-05-07 13:10:05.304427307 +0200
@@ -595,7 +595,7 @@ static FunctionMap FMAP [] = {
     (Func)commands_show,           NULL,                              ALWAYS_SM, 
     { .p = "dwb:quickmarks", .ro = true }, EP_NONE, { "squickmarks", NULL }, },

-  { { "show_history",             "Show quickmarks",                 }, CP_COMMANDLINE, 
+  { { "show_history",             "Show history",                 }, CP_COMMANDLINE, 
     (Func)commands_show,           NULL,                              ALWAYS_SM, 
     { .p = "dwb:history", .ro = true }, EP_NONE, { "shistory", NULL }, },

(current hg snapshot 1266)

Last edited by Army (2012-05-07 11:13:48)

Board footer