You are not logged in.

#1176 2012-10-21 13:56:34

Šaran

Re: dwb - a webkit web browser

Šaran wrote:

Hi portix,

I have noticed odd behavior with clipboard handling.
Ctrl+C anywhere in the page successfuly copies text and makes it pastable on Ctrl+V, but doing the same on e.g. current page dialog (go), new tab field (O) or command line will
only close input field, which is really anyoing/impractical. Copying via right click works.

BTW, I'm using Cloudef's loliclip as clipboard manager and he is positive this is dwb's fault.

Thanks.

If I may bring this up again.

#1177 2012-10-22 04:08:35

eduardo.eae

Using testing repo and with adblock, everything, except dwbs built-in, renders to a blank page.

#1178 2012-10-22 07:19:13

portix

Šaran wrote:
Šaran wrote:

Hi portix,

I have noticed odd behavior with clipboard handling.
Ctrl+C anywhere in the page successfuly copies text and makes it pastable on Ctrl+V, but doing the same on e.g. current page dialog (go), new tab field (O) or command line will
only close input field, which is really anyoing/impractical. Copying via right click works.

BTW, I'm using Cloudef's loliclip as clipboard manager and he is positive this is dwb's fault.

Thanks.

If I may bring this up again.

You can simply remap normal_mode to another shortcut.
@eduaedo.eae: have you tried to disable the adblocker?

#1179 2012-10-22 15:43:01

Šaran

I didn't realise it was actually a feature. Thanks!

#1180 2012-10-22 16:31:00

eduardo.eae

Yes, that's what I meant, disabling the adblock works OK.

#1181 2012-10-22 19:17:08

portix

A workaround until it is fixed is to remove all element hider rules from the filterlist:

sed -i '/^##/d' /path/to/filterlist

#1182 2012-10-22 23:03:36

portix

The issue with element hider rules and webkit-1.10 is fixed in dwb-hg now, after some more testing there will also be a new release with that fix.

Last edited by portix (2012-10-22 23:47:32)

#1183 2012-10-22 23:46:03

eduardo.eae

Thank you very much. It works flawlessly.

#1184 2012-10-24 03:12:06

mhertz

Army wrote:

@mhertz, maybe you have to rebuild dwb with webkitgtk2? I had this update some days ago and had no problems, everything stayed normal. 64bit system here.

Thanks for your reply, mate.

I had rebuilded dwb-hg after the webkitgtk2 replacement and also rebooted just in case, but still it wouldn't render?

Anyway, I've now just updated again and now the problem is gone, so everything is fine now...

CU, Martin.

#1185 2012-10-24 04:59:12

jcook818

FIrst off, just wanted to say that I'm a HUGE fan of this browser! I'm really amazed by how much detail and functionality it has. To the dev(s): thank you thank you thank you for all your hard work smile

I have a question regarding userscripts: i have a dark GTK theme which messes up textboxes and textareas on sites that don't explicitly set themes for them. (Turns out there are a lot of them!) Anyway, I adapted a greasemonkey script to try and turn them back to a normal colour, but for some reason I cannot get it to function in dwb. I've tested it in Firefox to make sure that the code makes sense, at least. I'm a novice with JS so I'm not discounting user error...

function addGlobalStyle(css) {
	var head, style;
	head = document.getElementsByTagName('head')[0];
	if (!head) { return; }
	style = document.createElement('style');
	style.type = 'text/css';
	style.innerHTML = css;
	head.appendChild(style);
}

addGlobalStyle('input { background-color: white !important; }');
addGlobalStyle('input { font-family: ; font-size: ; color: black !important; }');
addGlobalStyle('input { padding: 2px; border: 1px solid; border-color: black; -moz-border-radius: 7px !important; }');
addGlobalStyle('textarea { background-color: white !important; }');
addGlobalStyle('textarea { color: black; font-family: ; font-size:  !important; }');
addGlobalStyle('textarea { padding: 2px; border: 1px solid; border-color: black; -moz-border-radius: 7px !important; }');
addGlobalStyle('option { background-color: white !important; }');
addGlobalStyle('option { color: black; font-family: ; font-size:  !important; }');
addGlobalStyle('option { padding: 0px; border: 0px solid; border-color: black; -moz-border-radius: 4px !important; }');
addGlobalStyle('select { background-color: white !important; }');
addGlobalStyle('select { color: black; font-family: ; font-size:  !important; }');
addGlobalStyle('select { padding: 3px; border: 1px solid; border-color: black; -moz-border-radius: 7px !important; }');
addGlobalStyle('button { background-color: white !important; }');
addGlobalStyle('button { color: black; font-family: ; font-size:  !important; }');
addGlobalStyle('button { padding: 3px; border: 1px solid; border-color: black; -moz-border-radius: 7px !important; }');

Any ideas?

#1186 2012-10-24 08:11:36

Pranavg1890

Hi Friends, can anyone tell me how to hide the titlebar in dwb?

Using Openbox + Tint2 + Idesk

#1187 2012-10-24 08:45:21

portix

jcook818 wrote:

FIrst off, just wanted to say that I'm a HUGE fan of this browser! I'm really amazed by how much detail and functionality it has. To the dev(s): thank you thank you thank you for all your hard work smile

I have a question regarding userscripts: i have a dark GTK theme which messes up textboxes and textareas on sites that don't explicitly set themes for them. (Turns out there are a lot of them!) Anyway, I adapted a greasemonkey script to try and turn them back to a normal colour, but for some reason I cannot get it to function in dwb. I've tested it in Firefox to make sure that the code makes sense, at least. I'm a novice with JS so I'm not discounting user error...

Any ideas?

You can first try to put the style definitions in a css file and set user-stylesheet-uri to the path of that file, user-stylesheet-uri has to be a uri, so if it's a local file it has to be of the form file:///path/to/stylesheet.css.
If it doesn't work you can use the userscripts extension that is mostly greasemonky-compatible.
If you have dwb-hg installed you can simply enable it with

dwbem -i userscripts

With dwb from the repos you have to load the userscripts extension manually, create a script in ~/.config/dwb/userscripts with the following content:

#!javascript 
extensions.load("userscripts"); 

The userscripts extension automatically loads all scripts in ~/.config/dwb/scripts/ (maybe all that paths and names should be refactored because currently it can be a bit confusing).
btw: I think you must replace -moz-border-radius with border-radius.

@Pranavg1890
You can hide it with xt, if you want to hide it permanently replace the t in widget-packing with a capital T.

#1188 2012-10-24 09:30:21

mentat
Website

Hi portix,

first of all first I join all other posts:  many many thanks for all your work.
In addition to the talent you're a developer really patient and exemplary.
dwb is a major piece of art.

When are you going to put a donation button on dwb website ?
Or do you force me to open a ticket for this major feature wink ?

Second, can you give us some clues about futur of dwb bookmarks ?
How do you plan to manage them ?
Do you like some features, deport this task to an external script?

I like the present behavior, simple, plain text. I miss only 2 (no so little) things:
- The possibility to modify the page title (so you can append some "tags" word directly in title)
- An indicator in the status bar to indicate the uri is present in bookmarks file.

Thx.

#1189 2012-10-24 14:50:35

Pranavg1890

Hi @portix, i tried changing the widget packing as you suggested, but it is not working. It reverts to the deafult value ie.e dtws.
please help.

I am using the dwb package from community repo.

Last edited by Pranavg1890 (2012-10-24 14:53:09)

Using Openbox + Tint2 + Idesk

#1190 2012-10-24 15:33:24

jcook818

portix wrote:

You can first try to put the style definitions in a css file and set user-stylesheet-uri to the path of that file, user-stylesheet-uri has to be a uri, so if it's a local file it has to be of the form file:///path/to/stylesheet.css.

This worked like a charm. Thank you!

(and yes btw, a donations link is certainly a good idea smile )

#1191 2012-10-25 13:39:11

rix

@ portix:
have you any ideas why when I run Dwb(1), cpu goes over 80°C and ram quite 900Mb/1Gb?

Thanks.

Specs:

$ dwb -v
    This is : dwb-hg
    Version : rev. 1548
    Built : Oct  3 2012 12:43:22

WebKit

v. 3.0

System

$ uname -a
    Linux [...] 3.6.3-1-ARCH #2 SMP PREEMPT [...] i686 [...]

Everything is up to date. Let me know if you need more infos.

Last edited by rix (2012-10-25 13:41:26)

#1192 2012-10-25 13:52:08

portix

Yeah, because webkit uses a lot of ram and it is not possible to free the memory used by webkit during a session. I'm not sure about the cpu-temperature, there is a ticket on the bug tracker that dwb sometimes uses 100% cpu, i only have noticed it on sites that use a lot of javascript and whenever i could reproduce it i could also reproduce it in all other webkit browsers. I haven't closed the ticket because i'm not completely sure.

#1193 2012-10-25 23:27:05

mhertz

@portix

Firstly, really cool to see dwb included into the official repos!

Second, I removed dwb-hg, and installed dwb from the repo, but now I have exactly the same issue as I described some days ago...

My problem is that all webpages gets rendered blank(white, without error message, like about:blank) and I have rebooted and everything just in case...

Hovewer, the system-pages(e.g. 'S-s') does render fine, but all non-local pages dosen't?

I did the same to fix it as last I had the issue, and that was to remove webkitgtk2 and install the previous libwebkit1.8.3, and now it works again...

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by mhertz (2012-10-25 23:48:27)

#1194 2012-10-26 06:49:43

portix

portix wrote:

A workaround until it is fixed is to remove all element hider rules from the filterlist:

sed -i '/^##/d' /path/to/filterlist
portix wrote:

The issue with element hider rules and webkit-1.10 is fixed in dwb-hg now, after some more testing there will also be a new release with that fix.

#1195 2012-10-26 19:47:38

portix

mentat wrote:

- An indicator in the status bar to indicate the uri is present in bookmarks file.

I added an quickmark/bookmark indicator. I'm not sure if i make editing the title possible, maybe through a userscript.

#1196 2012-10-26 22:55:51

mhertz

Doh! I'm sorry, portix; I didn't knew my issue was related to element-hiding also... Sorry again...

#1197 2012-10-26 22:59:28

portix

No problem, i will prepare a new release this weekend.

#1198 2012-10-28 08:16:23

mentat
Website

portix wrote:

I added an quickmark/bookmark indicator. I'm not sure if i make editing the title possible, maybe through a userscript.

Great, the indicator, it's perfect, thx.
I need to modify the statusbar javascript to integrate it.

For the bookmark editing maybe by pass the uri & title to the user favorite editor, let him modify it and write it back to bookmarks file.
I've already edit some titles directly in bookmarks file to add some textual tags.
But when (re)bookmarks same pages, dwb rewrite titles to originals.
This behavior can now be avoid thanks to the bookmark indicator.

#1199 2012-10-28 09:43:50

portix

I created a new release which is already in community, it's mostly a bug-fix release, new features include

• Extension manager for javascript extensions

• New options enable-webgl, enable-accelerated-compositing

• New option show-single-tab

• Allow usage of directories for adblock-filterlist

• New options sync-files, file-sync-interval

• Extended scripting api

• Indicator for quick/bookmarks

The full changelog can be found here.

#1200 2012-10-28 10:29:51

flipper T

new to dwb, but liking it very much.

one problem, streaming flash video, video stutterers every 3 mins or so.

i assumed it was some kind of buffering issue, but same does not happen with chrome or firefox.

sorry, i'm not very technical, but if you need any further info, please ask.

If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the [censored] car. -The Wolf

Board footer