You are not logged in.

#1726 2013-07-24 15:05:43

F34R

Re: dwb - a webkit web browser

what wrong with the webkit browsers ? second not solved problem outlook.com loaded btw white blank page i nothing to do some pages.

#1727 2013-07-24 15:07:37

ball

I experience some strange behaviour in the display of websites: When I visit https://wiki.archlinux.org dwb displays the page whitout any CSS styles. And when I try to visit e.g. https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Mutt dwb doesn't display the page at all but I receive an error stating that the decryption process failed. However in firefox everything works as it should. (bitbucket.com is another website which gets displayed whithout any styles)

I already moved ~/.config/dwb and started with a vanilla config but it didn't help either. Can anyone reproduce that?

Edit: Maybe this has to do with the problems already described above -- e.g. dwb won't show anything but a white page on www.outlook.com as already indicated.

Last edited by ball (2013-07-24 15:11:15)

#1728 2013-07-24 15:10:39

portix

That's a bug caused by the gnutls update to gnutls-3.2.2. There is already a ticket on the archlinux bugtracker and it has been reported on the gnutls mailing list.

#1729 2013-07-24 15:21:45

ball

Thanks, I didn't realize that one. Downgrading gnutls for now...

For reference the bug reports downstream and upstream

Last edited by ball (2013-07-24 15:23:54)

#1730 2013-07-24 23:35:04

z1lt0id

I discovered things like Facebook and the Arch Wiki not loading correctly.  And I did a quick search and discovered this pretty huge bug.  Hopefully it gets fixed quickly.  Nothing was than ignoring packages wink

#1731 2013-07-25 16:17:20

sekret

Portix, there's a bug in the whitelistshortcuts userscript

~ # dwb
DWB EXTENSION: extension requestpolicy: Successfully loaded and initialized.
DWB EXTENSION: extension formfiller: Successfully loaded and initialized.
DWB EXTENSION: extension simplyread: Successfully loaded and initialized.
~ # dwbem -i whitelistshortcuts
==> Installing whitelistshortcuts
==> Syncing with https://bitbucket.org/portix/dwb_extensions
==> Downloading https://bitbucket.org/portix/dwb_extensions/raw/tip/src/whitelistshortcuts
::: Edit configuration (Y/n)? n
==> Updating extension loader
~ # dwb                        
DWB EXTENSION: extension requestpolicy: Successfully loaded and initialized.
DWB EXTENSION: extension formfiller: Successfully loaded and initialized.
DWB EXTENSION: extension simplyread: Successfully loaded and initialized.
DWB EXTENSION ERROR: extension whitelistshortcuts: Initialization failed: SyntaxError: JSON Parse error: Unexpected EOF
STACK: [value] [anonymous] [[native code]]

Btw, thanks for this amazing browser! I totally mean it! If webkit wouldn't suck sometimes, I'd say I'm in love wink

#1732 2013-07-25 16:22:09

portix

I cannot reproduce it, do you have a file ~/.config/dwb/default/whitelistshortcuts.json? Maybe it is corrupted.

#1733 2013-07-28 16:47:44

nfisher.sr

I hate to pollute the thread...but this browser is awesome.

#1734 2013-07-28 18:09:16

sekret

portix wrote:

I cannot reproduce it, do you have a file ~/.config/dwb/default/whitelistshortcuts.json? Maybe it is corrupted.

Ok, my whitelistshortcuts.json was empty, I didn't expect this to be a problem. So that's why I couldn't find the culprit.

But there's definitely a missing , in the first example

command  : "whitelistplugins"

#1735 2013-07-29 12:09:31

milomouse
Website

First off - dwb is pretty amazing.  Surprised I really didn't give it a chance in the beginning.  Guess I was still on the luakit boat (becoming outdated?).

1) With that aside, I was wondering if the discussion of the "[[" and "]]" keys was brought up before?  In Firefox's Vimperator/Pentadactyl and also luakit (and a couple other minimal webkit browsers), you can press "]]" and it will move to the next page or follow ">" such as with forum boards, etc.  As you can guess, "[[" goes to the previous page in threads/(page -X of X).  Anyone know if this is already in the works and I missed it or is this something the developers would want to check out?

2) Also, is there a way to keep from going into "-- Insert Mode --" unless I <want> to??  Sometimes after typing in a form such as dwb's settings page, I use the mouse to click on an empty spot in the webpage so the settings are saved but after it saves it will put me back into "-- Insert Mode --" but I don't see where anything is focused and nothing I type is input anyone; therefore I can't scroll with j/k, etc.  It also happens with this message reply form.  === I think clicking away from a form (insert mode) does not exit insert mode?  If so, is there a way to change this behavior?

3) Similiar to #2 I've found that pressing the *spacebar* even when not in "-- Insert Mode --" will place whitespaces in a previously focused form, and therefore I can't scroll with *spacebar*.  Just a bit annoying since I use this key quite often.

4) Less important, is there a way to keybind *BackSpace*?  I assume I will need to edit config before compile?

5) Scrolling (etc.) using my laptop's [synaptic] touchpad doesn't seem to work in the gtk3 build -- is this normal?  I would build against gtk2 but it gives me various errors and freezes.

These are not complaints, just new-user observations that I'd like to know a bit more about.  Thanks!

#1736 2013-07-29 13:22:14

portix

@milomouse:

1) i have several scripts that implement it, i never integrated it into dwb because most scripts are language dependend and i would only provide a script for english. I have ported a chromium extension to dwb, i haven't really tested it, but if someone wants to test it and it works well i might convert it to an extension, here is the script: http://sprunge.us/RGSj
2) Fixed.
3) That's just webkit's default behaviour, space is not implemented by dwb, it is a builtin shortcut of webkit. If you map it as a dwb shortcut space will always scroll down when not in insert mode, so you could map scroll_page_down to @space@ on dwb:keys or if you want to keep C-f for scrolling a page down you could add the custom command

@space@:scroll_page_down

That will override the default shortcut.
4) Backspace is hardcoded in dwb, currently there is no way to bind BackSpace unless you are using a userscript. I wanted to remove that for a longer time now, will do that before the next release.
5) I don't have a touchpad to test it, i only use a trackpoint which i think also uses the synaptics driver, i cannot reproduce it using the trackpoint.

Last edited by portix (2013-07-29 13:22:39)

#1737 2013-07-29 14:14:39

milomouse
Website

1) The script seems to work but, however, is reversed.  forward() seeks back and back() seeks forward.  Changing function names fixes this.

2) Thanks!  Behavior works as expected now.

3) The custom shortcut works fine, I appreciate the hint.  Although, similarily, Shift+Space does the same thing as before -- inserting spaces when no longer in "insert mode".  Is there a way to do Shift-@space@?

4) So what does Backspace do by default?  btw, if I read you correctly, you want to remove backspace all-together.. or do you want to be able to bind backspace through keys?

5) That's OK, I try not to use the mouse much anyway but sometimes pages are finicky and don't like j/k scrolling so I have to use mouse.

Last edited by milomouse (2013-07-29 14:15:28)

#1738 2013-07-29 14:23:33

portix

3) You could map scroll_page_up to Shift @space@ the same way you mapped scroll_page_down.
4) I don't want to remove backspace, i just want to remove the hardcoded part. Backspace i used to correct shortcuts which is not really useful because most shortcuts consists of one or two keys anyway.

Last edited by portix (2013-07-29 14:25:08)

#1739 2013-07-29 18:13:50

milomouse
Website

Got it, thanks.

By the way, I noticed you can save session with name (gZZ / :wqn) and restore with `dwb -r SESSIONNAME'.  Could there be a way to load a session by name after dwb is already open?  Say..

:load_session name

I would think it quite handy to load a session without having to close and re-open to do so.  Unless this is already implemented and I hadn't noticed, in which case I apologize.

Edit: typo (missing a verb...)

Last edited by milomouse (2013-07-29 18:14:42)

#1740 2013-07-29 18:56:05

nfisher.sr

Is there a way to stay logged into a site (such as this forum or the aur) after closing the window? My only annoyance so far is having to re-login to any of my accounts every time I launch the browser.

#1741 2013-07-29 19:00:09

milomouse
Website

Have you tried typing "CC" or ":cookie"  ?  This should allow persistent cookies for the current site.  Or you can change your dwb:settings  ( cookies-accept-policy / cookies-store-policy )

#1742 2013-07-29 19:03:21

karol
Archivist

nfisher.sr wrote:

Is there a way to stay logged into a site (such as this forum or the aur) after closing the window? My only annoyance so far is having to re-login to any of my accounts every time I launch the browser.

I have no such problems. Have you ticked the option to be automatically logged in?

#1743 2013-07-29 20:00:05

nfisher.sr

Or you can change your dwb:settings  ( cookies-accept-policy / cookies-store-policy

My bad. It was the cookies-store-policy, which I had set to "session" rather than "persistent". Thanks for humoring me.

#1744 2013-07-29 20:42:56

milomouse
Website

@nfisher.sr:   That will be a global setting, I believe, so ALL cookies are stored permanately.  If you're a bit more paranoid about cookie tracking from temporarily or accidentally visited sites (since cookies are more than just files logging you into a site) you may want to set your cookie policies to store only for session and to accept nothirdparty, then you can manually type ":cookie" / "CC" for your trusted sites so that they will always be remembered and everything else untrusted or unknown will be forgotten.  Using :cookie (CC) is not as time-consuming as someone might think, especially after you add your frequently visited sites and then slowly grow from there.  Just my 2 cents, since we're humoring one another.  </static>

Edit:  If I'm horribly mistaken, someone please correct me, if only for my own knowledge on the subject!

Last edited by milomouse (2013-07-29 20:43:28)

#1745 2013-07-29 21:11:33

nfisher.sr

Good point. Off to work, but I'll give it a go tommorrow. Thanks.

#1746 2013-07-30 20:10:45

nfisher.sr

milomouse - Thanks for encouraging me to get over my laziness on the cookies issue. I don't know why I was trying to be lazy about that when I've already put this much time into learning the keybindings in DWB. It is in fact pretty easy to set a per-site cookie policy as you indicated.

And once again, this browser rocks. I've retired Midori. I only have Chromium installed so my daughter can have something easy to use. The more I delve into learning how to use it the more I realize that this browser is -not- minimalist, it's actually every bit as powerful as any of the mainline type browsers. But it's faster in usage and execution. When I first opened it I thought it was like Surf. Of course I was waay wrong. Glad I took the time to explore.

#1747 2013-07-30 20:35:14

ap_m

portix wrote:

1) i have several scripts that implement it, i never integrated it into dwb because most scripts are language dependend and i would only provide a script for english. I have ported a chromium extension to dwb, i haven't really tested it, but if someone wants to test it and it works well i might convert it to an extension, here is the script: http://sprunge.us/RGSj

Works perfectly here. Thank you for the script.

#1748 2013-07-31 17:18:48

nomorewindows

Is it just me or does dwb seem to run away with swap usage?

I may have to CONSOLE you about your usage of ridiculously easy graphical interfaces...
Look ma, no mouse.

#1749 2013-07-31 17:26:51

karol
Archivist

I have to close and reopen dwb as it doesn't release the RAM it used. The usage goes up but rarely goes down.

#1750 2013-07-31 18:13:57

skottish
Forum Fellow

webkit-gtk has always had issues with memory leaks. Ignore my first post in that thread as it's been a problem ever since then:

https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=139307

I doubt that this is going to get fixed; webkit2-gtk is where the action is.

Last edited by skottish (2013-07-31 18:55:43)

Board footer