You are not logged in.

#201 2011-02-20 21:52:12

portix

Re: dwb - a webkit web browser

The download issue is fixed with revision 286.

#202 2011-02-20 22:01:04

firecat53
Website

@portix -- I think you should keep things like mouse-gestures as userscripts...let's keep your browser as light as possible! KISS while still retaining important browsing functionality. A fine line to walk, and very user dependent, unfortunately smile

Scott

#203 2011-02-20 23:34:38

portix

firecat53 wrote:

@portix -- I think you should keep things like mouse-gestures as userscripts...let's keep your browser as light as possible! KISS while still retaining important browsing functionality. A fine line to walk, and very user dependent, unfortunately smile

I still haven't decided yet, but i tend to not install it to  the systemscripts-directory.  But anyway, i have put it in the repo, it is located in $srcdir/data, i maybe move it to $srcdir/examples if i decide against the script. Currently there are only 4 gestures:

• right->left navigates back in history

• left->right  navigates forward

• top->bottom reloads the page

• bottom->top opens a new tab

All gestures are initiated by pressing the middle mousebutton. The autoscroll function is initiated by clicking  the middle mouse button.
I also uploaded a new snapshot release of the current revision.

#204 2011-02-21 18:09:42

cbrunos

portix wrote:

@cbrunos: I have no costs for this project at the moment, so no. Btw. i don't know if you have noticed it, but i added an option background-tabs.

Ok.

Yeah I saw that middle-click now opens background tabs and that's really great BUT it doesn't work on google sites (notably google reader). Can you de something about it?

Xmonad gets sh*t done. Fast.

#205 2011-02-21 22:14:15

portix

cbrunos wrote:

Yeah I saw that middle-click now opens background tabs and that's really great BUT it doesn't work on google sites (notably google reader). Can you de something about it?

Fixed, check the latest revision. Now only tabs opened by javascript with the left mouse button are opened in foreground, but i think this is the behaviour of most browsers.

#206 2011-02-21 22:23:55

cbrunos

Dude you rock! Now I'm using dwb 80% of the time. Do you plan to add a" search in google" entry in the right click menu? For example you select a word, right click -> search in google.

I'm aware I'm asking a lot but I love dwb and since I can't code and you don't accept donations the least I can do is give my opinion big_smile

Last edited by cbrunos (2011-02-21 22:26:26)

#207 2011-02-21 22:32:38

portix

There is already such a function, i haven't documented it yet. Holding down the left button and then pressing the right button will use your default searchengine to search for the selected text unless it is a valid url, then it will just be loaded. Pressing the middle button will search in your default searchengine in a new tab.

#208 2011-02-21 22:54:28

cbrunos

Dude....words fail me.

Will you marry me? big_smile

I really wish you accept donations sometimes soon. I won't be able to give much but I'd really like to.

#209 2011-03-01 19:38:41

portix

I made some major modifications in the latest revision:

• The content blocker is removed because it couldn't detect scripts in a body of a html-page, so this was nearly useless.

• The plugin blocker is removed.

• Instead, is is possible to disable scripts completely (the property "enable-scripts")  but leave the systemscripts (hints, adding searchengines and following selected links) working. When scripts are disabled most javascript-userscripts won't work, since functions like addEventListener or the onkeypress property will be ignored, but all bookmarklets should work.

• There are four new commands, the default shortcuts are a bit long and may be changed later:

• toggle_scripts_uri ('tsu'): Allow scripts permanently for the current url

• toggle_scripts_host ('tsh'): Same, but for current host.

• toggle_scripts_uri_tmp ('ttu'): Allow scripts just for this Session and the current url

• toggle_script_host_tmp ('tth'): Same for current host.

If scripts are disabled, the status is indicated in the status bar, where [S] indicates that scripts are blocked for the site.

I started a hinting branch that creates hints without javascript but it seems that the the dom-api of webkit is nearly totally unusable in the current state. Doing the same things with javascript was a lot faster, up to 50 times on my machine, so i will stay with javascript.

Edit: There are some more commands i forgot to mention: 'go' sets the url in the addressbar, 'gO' sets the url in the addressbar and opens in a new tab, 'wO' opens in a new window.

Last edited by portix (2011-03-01 19:53:30)

#210 2011-03-01 19:58:51

PGMario

cbrunos wrote:

Concerning the adblock, I downloaded privoxy-adblocker from the AUR which converts adblock+ easylist into a privoxy compatible adblock list which works fine with dwb ^^ most of the ads I had previously are now gone.

Could you elaborate on that? I only found “privoxy-blocklist” in the aur, installed it and copied the resulting easylist.script.filter as a file called “adblock” into ~/.config/dwb/, but it doesn’t work. Thanks!

#211 2011-03-01 20:06:06

portix

I cannot say anything about  the privoxy-filterlist, but you also have to enable the adblocker, the property "adblocker", it is not enabled by default.

#212 2011-03-01 20:15:45

PGMario

Thanks for the quick answer, but I had that enabled (I probably should have mentioned that). My regex skills are very limited, but I will look into writing a script. It would only be a shame if the work had already been done by someone else.

#213 2011-03-03 09:29:40

cbrunos

PGMario wrote:
cbrunos wrote:

Concerning the adblock, I downloaded privoxy-adblocker from the AUR which converts adblock+ easylist into a privoxy compatible adblock list which works fine with dwb ^^ most of the ads I had previously are now gone.

Could you elaborate on that? I only found “privoxy-blocklist” in the aur, installed it and copied the resulting easylist.script.filter as a file called “adblock” into ~/.config/dwb/, but it doesn’t work. Thanks!

Yes you're right, privoxy-blocklist, not adblocker (silly me). I then just used it to convert my adblock list and copied it to  ~/.config/dwb/ like you did. Works for me (but now that you mention it, there are however some few sites where it doesn't work, but ads do get blocked in firefox with the same list…)

#214 2011-03-03 09:55:51

portix

cbrunos wrote:

Works for me (but now that you mention it, there are however some few sites where it doesn't work, but ads do get blocked in firefox with the same list…)

I don't know what privoxy-blocklist does, but adblock-plus has a different syntax and firefox's adblock-plus is much more powerful. Adblock plus also has rules to hide elements and dwb only blocks request-urls. I'm currently working on a better adblock implementation that uses the same syntax as firefox's adblock-plus with some more features than the existing, but firstly i will not implement element hiding rules.

#215 2011-03-04 08:05:11

jasonwryan
Anarchist
Website

Nice browser portix: thanks for the work you have put in.

I have two (minor or cosmetic) annoyances - otherwise, it is all good smile

1. I would like to be able to remove the active_hinting - the (default) yellowish background that covers the entire link and just have the small bordered number/letter. I have tried various settings and hacking in hints.js - but still it remains...

2. (Relatedly) Is it possible to remove all the bold fonts? Again, I have tried various settings - but the page titles, URL bar and percentage remain bold.

Arch + dwm   •   Mercurial repos  •   Surfraw

Registered Linux User #482438

#216 2011-03-04 09:57:14

portix

Disabling the hint-color can be done by simply putting a return at the beginning of createStylesheet in hints.js. But it can also be done with a custom stylesheet. Just put

[dwb_highlight] {
  background: transparent !important;
}

in your stylesheet-file. Note that if your stylesheetfile is a local file your user-stylesheet-uri must begin with "file://".

Currently it is not possible to set the font weight to normal but i already thought about switching to a css-style font description, this would make it possible. It should be done with one of the next revisions.

#217 2011-03-04 17:32:57

jasonwryan
Anarchist
Website

Thank you: I should have thought of the first, and the second would be appreciated.

Arch + dwm   •   Mercurial repos  •   Surfraw

Registered Linux User #482438

#218 2011-03-09 13:14:36

Andertxu

Anyone knows how to change DWB's default font family to "Terminus" instead of Sans ?

#219 2011-03-09 13:54:43

portix

There are six webkit builtin settings for fonts, "default-font-family", "monospace-font-family", "cursive-font-family", "sans-serif-font-family",  "serif-font-family" and "fantasy-font-family", setting all these fonts to terminus would work on most sites, however, on some sites this will be overridden by the  sites css-rules. If you want terminus on all sites and all elements, you can define a customn css-rule in your stylesheet file

* { 
    font-family: terminus !important; 
}

If you use a stlyesheet file, you must set the property "user-stylesheet-uri" to "file:///pathtoyourstylesheetfile".
All settings can be changed from commandline, the default keybinding is "sgs" or from a webinterface, "Sgs".

#220 2011-03-09 15:17:47

Andertxu

It does not work . Never mind tongue tongue .
I have another question:
How do I can change form colors ?
(Fonts and background )
Sorry, I forgot it . Also,  DWM does not store passwords when I log in on Arch Linux Forums . :S :S .

Last edited by Andertxu (2011-03-09 15:39:01)

#221 2011-03-09 16:18:40

firecat53
Website

@Andertxu - after you logon to a site, hit CC to allow and store the cookies for that site.

Scott

#222 2011-03-09 19:14:34

Andertxu

Wow, thanks , it works perfect now big_smile big_smile big_smile .
No need for Chromium now smile smile .
But , sadly, I cant set up Terminus fonts . (They are very common on minimal desktops )

Last edited by Andertxu (2011-03-09 20:09:35)

#223 2011-03-09 20:41:31

portix

Modifiying the webkit-builtin font settings has no effect on most pages but at least defining a custom stylesheet should work. Your user-stylesheet-uri must begin with "file:///", otherwise it will be ignored.
There is also a font setting that will be used for the ui, called "font". You can use a css-like font definition like "terminus 10 italic".

#224 2011-03-09 20:53:44

Andertxu

my dwb "settings" file in ~/.config/dwb :

http://pastebin.com/EgTzCz7a

As you can see , my  "user-stylesheet-uri" option points to "style" css file :
cat /home/ander/.config/dwb/style
* {
    font-family: terminus !important;
}
Maybe is Terminus instead of "terminus", IDK :S :S :S .
Damn XFT naming convention ...

BTW, and finally , dwb resets all custom config on startup . :S :S .

Last edited by Andertxu (2011-03-09 22:00:48)

#225 2011-03-10 11:09:49

portix

I think there is a typo in your user-stylesheet-uri, just change it from file:///home/ander/.dwb/config/style to file:///home/ander/.config/dwb/style.

Last edited by portix (2011-03-10 11:10:10)

Board footer