You are not logged in.

#26 2010-11-29 06:15:44

hrdy

Re: PrisPy - The PyGTK+Webkit clone of Mozilla Prism!

Hello,

I have been working with pywebkitgtk recently, and I am trying to get cookies working... did you ever figure out how to access them?

Thanks.

#27 2010-11-29 06:18:01

smartboyathome
Website

hrdy wrote:

Hello,

I have been working with pywebkitgtk recently, and I am trying to get cookies working... did you ever figure out how to access them?

Thanks.

Not yet. PyGObject is still rough around the edges, and so I have thus far been unable to port PrisPy to it. Until then there is no way to use cookies with Webkit.

#28 2011-01-27 12:21:30

Phylu

I have some issues with Prispy:

Instead of Python python2 should be used.

If I create a new shortcut without the statusbar and with desktop file, I get the error:

File "/usr/bin/prispy", line 155, in save_config
    confFile.write("name = '"+name+"'\nurl = '"+url+"'\nuserAgent = '"+userAgent+"'\nwantStatusbar = "+self.wantStatusbar)
TypeError: cannot concatenate 'str' and 'int' objects

If I create it without desktop file and with statusbar, it is created sucessfully.

Is the /usr/bin/prispy file the whole sourcecode?
If there is a reop somewhere, I would like to take a look and fix some issues, if possible.

Regards
Phylu

#29 2011-01-27 19:11:41

smartboyathome
Website

Phylu wrote:

I have some issues with Prispy:

Instead of Python python2 should be used.

If I create a new shortcut without the statusbar and with desktop file, I get the error:

File "/usr/bin/prispy", line 155, in save_config
    confFile.write("name = '"+name+"'\nurl = '"+url+"'\nuserAgent = '"+userAgent+"'\nwantStatusbar = "+self.wantStatusbar)
TypeError: cannot concatenate 'str' and 'int' objects

If I create it without desktop file and with statusbar, it is created sucessfully.

Is the /usr/bin/prispy file the whole sourcecode?
If there is a reop somewhere, I would like to take a look and fix some issues, if possible.

Regards
Phylu

I apologize for the errors, my university studies have kept me busy and I have not done much with this. PrisPy.py is the whole source code, but its available on github (cant remember if i did anything different with that version). Feel free to update it and fix the bugs. I'll see if I can find some time to fix some as well.

#30 2011-01-27 23:10:01

Phylu

Don't mind. I will see, if I get some time I will try to work on it. But unfortunately I am learning for some university exams right now as well.

#31 2011-01-28 12:10:22

Phylu

I fixed some things and created a pull request on github.

I miss still two things:
Cookies support. I would like to stay logged in even when closing the programme.
Save the size of the browser window for the next restart.

And the rendering of the webpages is a bit slow compared to my real web browsers. I think this is because of the Python web rendering engine, but if there are any alternatives, I would like to look into it.

#32 2011-01-28 15:12:59

smartboyathome
Website

Phylu wrote:

I fixed some things and created a pull request on github.

I'll probably check it out today or tomorrow and see about merging it. Sorry about the delay.

Phylu wrote:

I miss still two things:
Cookies support. I would like to stay logged in even when closing the programme.

As said before in this thread, the only way to do it is with GObject Introspection, which I do have a local copy of, though it is not working yet since it seems webkit's gobject introspection support can be rough around the edges.

Phylu wrote:

This would be rather easy. When the window is closed, instead of running just destroy, write the width and height to a config file and then check that when you start back up.

Phylu wrote:

And the rendering of the webpages is a bit slow compared to my real web browsers. I think this is because of the Python web rendering engine, but if there are any alternatives, I would like to look into it.

It actually wouldn't be python's fault, its probably Webkit's fault since all python does is glue the different parts of the UI together.

#33 2011-01-28 15:46:06

Phylu

smartboyathome wrote:

I'll probably check it out today or tomorrow and see about merging it. Sorry about the delay.

No problem.

smartboyathome wrote:

As said before in this thread, the only way to do it is with GObject Introspection, which I do have a local copy of, though it is not working yet since it seems webkit's gobject introspection support can be rough around the edges.

Would be really great!

smartboyathome wrote:
Phylu wrote:

This would be rather easy. When the window is closed, instead of running just destroy, write the width and height to a config file and then check that when you start back up.

Do you want to work on it, or shall I?

#34 2011-02-14 06:50:37

k3ttc4r
Website

This looks really neat.

I wrote an ebuild for Gentoo:
https://github.com/crshd/overlay/blob/m … 999.ebuild

arch64   ||   github | dotshare | blog

Board footer