You are not logged in.

#401 2011-06-12 16:36:21

Army

Re: luakit browser framework (almost with jQuery!)

What I mostly like about Noscript (or something comparable) is, that there are a hell lot of websites which do really crappy things with javascript, but also work without. So basically it's also a stress level reducer. I know that luakit has this ability, but it's so time consuming to open ~/.config/luakit/globals.lua and put in the required lines.
Are there any plans I missed about a way to do that inside luakit itself? Something like

:javascript bbs.archlinux.org allow <Enter>

That same thing for cookies, which I really don't want to allow globally, but also don't want to delete them all the time (on some pages like this one here it's nice to simply go onto it and can start spamming) and luakit would be SO nice to use.

If I was able to contribute code, I'd SO do it...

#402 2011-06-12 21:41:55

lchr
Website

Lovely browser, really enjoying it. I need to figure out how to make mouse scrolling faster, but I imagine that's just a matter of looking through the config files. Apart from that, it does everything I need in a browser, and fast, and stylishly smile

Last edited by lchr (2011-06-12 21:42:31)

#403 2011-06-14 03:12:20

fsckd
Forum Fellow

Army wrote:

What I mostly like about Noscript (or something comparable) is, that there are a hell lot of websites which do really crappy things with javascript, but also work without. So basically it's also a stress level reducer. I know that luakit has this ability, but it's so time consuming to open ~/.config/luakit/globals.lua and put in the required lines.
Are there any plans I missed about a way to do that inside luakit itself? Something like

That same thing for cookies, which I really don't want to allow globally, but also don't want to delete them all the time (on some pages like this one here it's nice to simply go onto it and can start spamming) and luakit would be SO nice to use.

Something like this I suppose,

add_cmds({
    cmd("scripts-on",           function (w) w:get_current():set_property('enable-scripts',true) end),
    cmd("scripts-off",          function (w) w:get_current():set_property('enable-scripts',false) end),
})

Edit: Oh, do you mean a persistent black/whitelist edited from within luakit? What would be cool is if we could save and load lua structures from files, i.e. table.save(table,filename).

Last edited by fsckd (2011-06-14 03:25:02)

aur S & M :: forum rules :: Community Ethos
Resources for Women, POC, LGBT*, and allies

#404 2011-06-14 06:44:01

Army

fsckd wrote:

Edit: Oh, do you mean a persistent black/whitelist edited from within luakit? What would be cool is if we could save and load lua structures from files, i.e. table.save(table,filename).

Yes, that's what I mean. That would be great. Are you capable of coding such a thing?

#405 2011-06-14 08:17:28

quigybo

@Army, fsckd, essence-of-foo, et. al. see http://github.com/kongo2002/luakit/tree/noscript

It will need to be updated before use though.

#406 2011-06-14 19:38:16

jwbirdsong

Just a note  here to clear up any confusion. 
Luakit-develop-git (aur package)   no longer exists, it has been swapped to luakit-git (http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=49716) , whiich now builds the develop branch.
What WAS luakit-git  is basically luakit (community)
Hope that was not TOO confusing.

Last edited by jwbirdsong (2011-06-14 19:39:04)

PLEASE read and try to FIX/FILE BUGS instead of assuming other have/will.

#407 2011-06-15 04:42:02

mason.larobina
Website

quigybo wrote:

@Army, fsckd, essence-of-foo, et. al. see http://github.com/kongo2002/luakit/tree/noscript

It will need to be updated before use though.

What a blast from the past that script was, sadly it doesn't work anymore.

Here is one that does (fresh off the press):

https://gist.github.com/1026346

Just remove all instances of "enable-scripts" and "enable-plugins" in your domain_props table and add `require "noscript"` to your rc.lua somewhere after the `require "webview"` line.

Then use `,ts` to toggle scripts (I.e. javascript) for the current domain and `,tp` to toggle plugins (I.e. Flash).

It's still a little messy at the moment but if I clean it up further (and after a bit of testing) would people like to see this in the stock luakit? (albeit commented out in the rc.lua)

Edit: also to disable scripts and plugins by default do:

require "noscript"
noscript.enable_scripts = false
noscript.enable_plugins = false

Last edited by mason.larobina (2011-06-15 04:43:20)

#408 2011-06-15 05:27:13

mason.larobina
Website

r6 wrote:

I can't search imdb with the search function. It wants the query to look like eternal+sunshine, not eternal%20sunshine. Is this possible? (Sorry if this has already been answered)

I have the same issue because different sites use different characters to separate words in their search queries. I'll put it on my TODO list.

#409 2011-06-15 05:37:43

mason.larobina
Website

lchr wrote:

Lovely browser, really enjoying it. I need to figure out how to make mouse scrolling faster, but I imagine that's just a matter of looking through the config files. Apart from that, it does everything I need in a browser, and fast, and stylishly smile

I'd like to change it but webkit-gtk doesn't give us the option. However a bit of googling turned up this solution for the same problem in chromium (which may or may not work well in luakit).

http://code.google.com/p/chromium/issue … =22638#c10

#410 2011-06-15 07:59:25

portix

mason.larobina wrote:
lchr wrote:

I'd like to change it but webkit-gtk doesn't give us the option. However a bit of googling turned up this solution for the same problem in chromium (which may or may not work well in luakit).

There is a really simple solution, you can connect the webview to "scroll-event" which is generated when button 4 or 5 is pressed and call your own scrolling function.

#411 2011-06-15 10:19:54

koomi

Hi, first thanks for this awesome browser smile, I really like it.
But I have one problem with downloading files that I couldn't find a solution for: On some sites clicking on a download link opens just a white square instead of the download dialogue and then luakit stops responding to anything and cpu goes up to 100%. Examples: repo.openpandora.org always works fine, but megaupload.com almost never does.
I have this issue since several versions of luakit and nobody else seems to have it (atleast I couldn't find anything), but I didn't change anything in the config files or anything.
I can post luakit -v output if needed.

#412 2011-06-15 10:28:30

jakob

koomi wrote:

Hi, first thanks for this awesome browser smile, I really like it.
But I have one problem with downloading files that I couldn't find a solution for: On some sites clicking on a download link opens just a white square instead of the download dialogue and then luakit stops responding to anything and cpu goes up to 100%. Examples: repo.openpandora.org always works fine, but megaupload.com almost never does.
I have this issue since several versions of luakit and nobody else seems to have it (atleast I couldn't find anything), but I didn't change anything in the config files or anything.
I can post luakit -v output if needed.

Hey koomi,

I’ve had this issue several times since some versions as well. What helped me was simply pressing [ENTER] -> then the download starts and all is fine. There seems to be a problem with gtk somehow…

#413 2011-06-15 10:58:59

koomi

Thanks jakob, that works, could have thought about that myself hmm.

#414 2011-06-16 03:58:51

milomouse
Website

mason.larobina wrote:

Just remove all instances of "enable-scripts" and "enable-plugins" in your domain_props table and add `require "noscript"` to your rc.lua somewhere after the `require "webview"` line.

Also making sure it's loaded after "binds" for the add_binds function. </tip>

mason.larobina wrote:

It's still a little messy at the moment but if I clean it up further (and after a bit of testing) would people like to see this in the stock luakit? (albeit commented out in the rc.lua)

I'd love to see this maintained and updated accordingly.  Seems to work as intended so far.  I required the new 'noscript' lib and changed all accounts of "enable{-scripts,-plugins}" with "noscript.enable{_scripts,_plugins}" in globals.lua and things are looking good.  I also like how there's an sqlite database for toggled sites even if they're set in the domain_prop to enable/disable -- very handy for browsing sessions where you don't want scripts/plugins for a site even though you normally have it enabled/disabled.  Thanks!  Will continue to test and comment.

#415 2011-06-16 13:03:02

mason.larobina
Website

portix wrote:
mason.larobina wrote:
lchr wrote:

There is a really simple solution, you can connect the webview to "scroll-event" which is generated when button 4 or 5 is pressed and call your own scrolling function.

May I present:

https://github.com/mason-larobina/luaki … 7d049d9912

Just the following to your "all" mode binds table:

but({}, 4, function (w) w:scroll_vert("-50px") end),
  but({}, 5, function (w) w:scroll_vert("+50px") end),

Edit: And thanks portix!

Last edited by mason.larobina (2011-06-16 13:03:24)

#416 2011-06-18 14:16:47

lchr
Website

mason.larobina wrote:

May I present:

https://github.com/mason-larobina/luaki … 7d049d9912

Just the following to your "all" mode binds table:

but({}, 4, function (w) w:scroll_vert("-50px") end),
  but({}, 5, function (w) w:scroll_vert("+50px") end),

Edit: And thanks portix!

You are something akin to a small god. Thanks!

I have to tell you, I'm developing the same unhealthily affectionate relationship with luakit as I have with vim, ncmpcpp, and ranger...

#417 2011-06-21 05:13:56

aqamar

is possible add a password manager like in opera browser to login into websites or auto complete online forms?... I think would be a nice feature...

#418 2011-06-21 15:06:30

ANOKNUSA

Maybe someone else has dealt with this:  as of a week ago or so, when I switch tabs, the tab bar doesn't indicate it by highlighting the active tab with focus colors.  Opening a new tab will highlight that last, new tab, and occasionally a tab will by highlighted after a delay of a minute or so.  The only thing I've tweaked in rc.lua are keybindings, the homepage and search engine settings; I replaced theme.lua with the default from /etc/xdg/awesome, with no effect.

EDIT: Bit the bullet and copied all fresh configs to ~/.config/luakit.  Problem solved, although I'm not sure where it originated from.

Last edited by ANOKNUSA (2011-06-21 22:33:13)

#419 2011-06-27 00:47:33

aluser

I'm sorry if this is a newbish question but I can't figure out how to open the speed dial page. According to this page it's located at chrome://favs but when I open it in luakit I get the 'unable to load page error.' I've already created ~/.local/share/luakit/favs and put my favorites website in the correct format.

#420 2011-06-27 07:47:41

M_ller
Website

Army wrote:

I've made something similar for uzbl. I don't know how Luakit works though, but you might get an idea about how to do it:
https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php … 38#p899738

#421 2011-06-27 08:08:09

mason.larobina
Website

M_ller wrote:
Army wrote:

I've made something similar for uzbl. I don't know how Luakit works though, but you might get an idea about how to do it:
https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php … 38#p899738

I've written a NoScript plugin for luakit which blocks plugins/scripts on a per-domain basis.

https://gist.github.com/1026346

#422 2011-07-02 03:41:28

stryder

Apologies for a question that seems simple: my problem is copying text to a clipboard that I can share anywhere - between host-virtualhost, jdownloader, over ssh, etc - I understand there are a few clipboards and luakit uses the one that doesn't use "ctrl-c" but "middle-mouse-click" but that doesn't work in many of the circumstances I quoted above. Can anyone help me? I enjoy using luakit but once in a while have to fire up chromium just to be able to do something that involves copy/paste.

#423 2011-07-02 09:16:14

mason.larobina
Website

stryder wrote:

Apologies for a question that seems simple: my problem is copying text to a clipboard that I can share anywhere - between host-virtualhost, jdownloader, over ssh, etc - I understand there are a few clipboards and luakit uses the one that doesn't use "ctrl-c" but "middle-mouse-click" but that doesn't work in many of the circumstances I quoted above. Can anyone help me? I enjoy using luakit but once in a while have to fire up chromium just to be able to do something that involves copy/paste.

The problem here is that luakit catches the Ctrl+c key press. Try copying text in the insert or passthrough mode (Ctrl+z).

#424 2011-07-02 11:32:30

stryder

Thanks, Mason. Yes, press i, select text, ctrl-c, works. Now at least I have this way of getting it done. smile Is there a way of setting a keybind to achieve this so I don't have to go to insert mode first?

#425 2011-07-02 11:41:51

Army

mason.larobina wrote:

Definitely a yes from my part. Thanks for that plugin, I'll use luakit the next couple of days to try it out.

Board footer