You are not logged in.

#51 2010-10-07 16:33:01

darose

Re: KDEMod3 Rebuild

Ack!  I think I found the problem.  Didn't realize you only created packages for 686.

#52 2010-10-07 18:31:36

sud

Hi elvaka,

I could host your repos, if you wish. I could also setup a git-mirror for the PKGBUILDs. I am at least interested on it, because I want build the Trinity-Project (and hope to be able to use your PKGBUILD work), and also for x86-64.

sud

Bombing for peace is like fucking for virginity

#53 2010-10-08 02:05:04

superchango

Yep, i love KDE 3.5. I hope try Trinity early. Thnxs!!

"Yo creo que los muertos son tiernos. ¿Nos besamos?"

#54 2010-10-10 23:46:49

Digit

just discovered that kde3.5 still has this much activity.  i had this mad idea of entirely forking it and calling it QDE.  ;D

watching with interest.

+1 for the 64bit

fave quote of the mo': "Man's reach should exceed his grasp, else what's a heaven for." - Robert Browning

#55 2010-10-11 20:21:37

drankinatty
Website

Hey guys, I'm going to jump in here and see if I can help with kdemod3. I've contacte Pearson a couple of times, but haven't been able to do much because I got whacked by MRSA (a nastly little hospital acquired virus) The current issue I'm chasing is kdemod3/kioslave/sftp no longer working with hosts where ssh is on a non-standard port. The sftp kio now gives an error when using the url form:

sftp://user@host:port/dir1/dir2

The error is:

Unexpected SFTP Error: 2 - Konqueror
Error encountered while talking to ssh

However, from konsole, you can still do: 'sftp -Pport user@host/dir1/dir2' so the issue looks like the url format konqueror sends to ssh isn't accepted anymore with openssh 5.6p1-1.

Researching prior problems created by openssh version changes, I ran across this old gentoo description of the same error:

They fixed:  ksshprocess.cpp line 101

"ssh-userauth2 successful:"

change to:

"Authentication succeeded"

(to cure the problem with openssh 3.6)

It looks like a similar change has been made here that breaks sftp to non-standard ports in konqueror/kwrite/kate/etc...

I guess a couple of questions. Has anyone else seen this bug yet?

Next, I'm still running kdemo3 from chakra (with AUR libjpeg, libpng, poppler-qt3, etc..).

Is there a more current set of kdemod3 packages for Arch? If so where? I have both i686 and x86_64 boxes and I don't mind setting up a build environment. But where to get the current PKGBUILDs?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.

#56 2010-10-11 20:31:43

drankinatty
Website

Umm, looks like I'll need a little help also. I was trying to tweak this myself, but I've run into problems building kdebase in kopenssl using the 3.5.10 source and an old modified PKGBUILD (everything was fine for the first 30 minutes or so):

creating kcm_crypto_la.all_cpp.cpp ...
/bin/sh ../../libtool --silent --tag=CXX   --mode=compile x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu-g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I../..  -I/opt/kde/include -I/opt/qt/include -I.   -DQT_THREAD_SUPPORT  -D_REENTRANT -D_LARGE_FILES=1 -Wno-long-long -Wundef -ansi -D_XOPEN_SOURCE=500 -D_BSD_SOURCE -Wcast-align -Wchar-subscripts -Wall -W -Wpointer-arith -DNDEBUG -DNO_DEBUG -O2 -march=x86-64 -mtune=generic -O2 -pipe -Wformat-security -Wmissing-format-attribute -Wno-non-virtual-dtor -fno-exceptions -fno-check-new -fno-common -fvisibility=hidden -fvisibility-inlines-hidden -DQT_CLEAN_NAMESPACE -DQT_NO_ASCII_CAST -DQT_NO_STL -DQT_NO_COMPAT -DQT_NO_TRANSLATION -D_GNU_SOURCE  -DLIBDIR=/opt/kde/lib -Wno-long-long -Wundef -ansi -D_XOPEN_SOURCE=500 -D_BSD_SOURCE -Wcast-align -Wchar-subscripts -Wall -W -Wpointer-arith -DNDEBUG -DNO_DEBUG -O2 -march=x86-64 -mtune=generic -O2 -pipe -Wformat-security -Wmissing-format-attribute -Wno-non-virtual-dtor -fno-exceptions -fno-check-new -fno-common -fvisibility=hidden -fvisibility-inlines-hidden -DQT_CLEAN_NAMESPACE -DQT_NO_ASCII_CAST -DQT_NO_STL -DQT_NO_COMPAT -DQT_NO_TRANSLATION -D_GNU_SOURCE  -c -o kcm_crypto_la.all_cpp.lo kcm_crypto_la.all_cpp.cpp
In file included from /opt/kde/include/kaboutdata.h:24:0,
                 from crypto.cpp:51,
                 from kcm_crypto_la.all_cpp.cpp:2:
/opt/qt/include/qimage.h: In member function 'bool QImageTextKeyLang::operator<(const QImageTextKeyLang&) const':
/opt/qt/include/qimage.h:61:61: warning: suggest parentheses around '&&' within '||'
In file included from crypto.cpp:88:0,
                 from kcm_crypto_la.all_cpp.cpp:2:
/opt/kde/include/kopenssl.h: At global scope:
/opt/kde/include/kopenssl.h:453:4: error: 'ASN1_METHOD' does not name a type
/opt/kde/include/kopenssl.h:526:16: error: expected ';' before '(' token
/opt/kde/include/kopenssl.h:532:17: error: 'STACK' has not been declared
/opt/kde/include/kopenssl.h:538:15: error: 'STACK' has not been declared
/opt/kde/include/kopenssl.h:544:18: error: expected ';' before '(' token
/opt/kde/include/kopenssl.h:550:4: error: 'STACK' does not name a type
/opt/kde/include/kopenssl.h:556:16: error: 'STACK' has not been declared
/opt/kde/include/kopenssl.h:562:4: error: 'STACK' does not name a type
/opt/kde/include/kopenssl.h:828:4: error: 'STACK' does not name a type
/opt/kde/include/kopenssl.h:829:25: error: 'STACK' has not been declared
In file included from kcm_crypto_la.all_cpp.cpp:2:0:
crypto.cpp: In member function 'void KCryptoConfig::slotCAImport()':
crypto.cpp:1851:23: error: no matching function for call to 'KOpenSSLProxy::sk_num(_STACK*)'
/opt/kde/include/kopenssl.h:538:8: note: candidate is: int KOpenSSLProxy::sk_num(int*)
crypto.cpp:1852:23: error: 'class KOpenSSLProxy' has no member named 'sk_value'
crypto.cpp: In member function 'bool KCryptoConfig::loadCiphers()':
crypto.cpp:2329:30: error: invalid conversion from 'const SSL_METHOD*' to 'SSL_METHOD*'
crypto.cpp:2341:30: error: invalid conversion from 'const SSL_CIPHER*' to 'SSL_CIPHER*'
crypto.cpp:2358:30: error: invalid conversion from 'const SSL_METHOD*' to 'SSL_METHOD*'
crypto.cpp:2369:30: error: invalid conversion from 'const SSL_CIPHER*' to 'SSL_CIPHER*'
make[3]: *** [kcm_crypto_la.all_cpp.lo] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/david/arch/pkg/bld/kdebase/src/kdebase-3.5.10/kcontrol/crypto'
make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/david/arch/pkg/bld/kdebase/src/kdebase-3.5.10/kcontrol'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/david/arch/pkg/bld/kdebase/src/kdebase-3.5.10'
make: *** [all] Error 2
    Aborting...

Help smile

#57 2010-10-11 21:39:32

drankinatty
Website

FYI , you can grab the latest trinity sources at:

svn checkout svn://anonsvn.kde.org/home/kde/branches/trinity/ trinity

You can browse them at:

http://websvn.kde.org/branches/trinity/

#58 2010-10-12 19:18:45

drankinatty
Website

Got the old PKGBUILDs from chakra and I'll try to filter in the new ones. You can grab the chakra set via svn:

svn co http://chakra-project.org/svn/branches/kde3

#59 2010-10-12 19:42:57

drankinatty
Website

Note: the kde3/_buildsystem/setup/setup.sh script points to the kde41 repository. To use the setup.sh script, make the following change:

#SVN_ADDR="http://kdemod.ath.cx/svn/branches/kde41"
SVN_ADDR="http://chakra-project.org/svn/branches/kde3"

#60 2010-10-30 20:31:37

firewalker

gwenview stopped working with

gwenview: error while loading shared libraries: libexiv2.so.6: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Any solution?

Rebuild fails with

pegcontent.cpp: In member function 'bool ImageUtils::JPEGContent::Private::readSize()':
jpegcontent.cpp:191:25: warning: unused variable 'mark'
jpegcontent.cpp: In member function 'QImage ImageUtils::JPEGContent::thumbnail() const':
jpegcontent.cpp:592:43: error: 'class Exiv2::ExifData' has no member named 'copyThumbnail'
jpegcontent.cpp: In member function 'void ImageUtils::JPEGContent::setThumbnail(const QImage&)':
jpegcontent.cpp:614:15: error: 'class Exiv2::ExifData' has no member named 'setJpegThumbnail'
make[2]: *** [libgvimageutils_la.all_cpp.lo] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/firewalker/Desktop/kde3-gwenview/src/gwenview-1.4.2/src/imageutils'
make[1]: *** [install-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/firewalker/Desktop/kde3-gwenview/src/gwenview-1.4.2/src'
make: *** [install-recursive] Error 1

Last edited by firewalker (2010-10-30 20:32:35)

Γίνε ρεαλιστής, μείνε ονειροπόλος ...

#61 2010-11-02 16:37:53

fawn

Try to downgrade exiv2 to previous version: 0.19-1. It works for me.

#62 2010-11-16 18:59:56

manutortosa
Website

@elvaka:  We removed completelly the Chakra KDEmod3 repo, but if you want, i can give you access to the kDEmod3 SVN and host your KDEmod3 in our server as well, just contact with me.

(no tinc el teu correu tongue)

Manuel Tortosa
manutortosa@chakra-project.org
The Chakra Project

#63 2010-11-28 08:05:31

drankinatty
Website

Manuel, All,

What is the current status of hosting of a kdemod3 (svn?) repository for Arch? Currently I have the final kdemod3 plus the AUR packages for libjpeg, libpng, poppler-qt3, etc., but I have run into serious issues with Arch updates this past month.

Printing no longer works with cups:

"cupsdoprint: symbol lookup error: cupsdoprint: undefined symbol: strlcpy"

In konqueror, you cannot sftp://user@host:port/ anymore.  The :port is needed to access any box where ssh runs on a port other than 22. Now you get "Unexpected error while talking to ssh"

Konqueror no longer display images in web pages. All you get is image placeholders that are red circles with the slash through them (the No sign).

Are there any rebuilt packages anywhere that might fix these issues? If so where?

Thanks.

#64 2010-11-28 11:50:55

elvaka

manutortosa wrote:

@elvaka:  We removed completelly the Chakra KDEmod3 repo, but if you want, i can give you access to the kDEmod3 SVN and host your KDEmod3 in our server as well, just contact with me.

(no tinc el teu correu tongue)

I already have an unmodified checkout of the kdemod-legacy repo as a reference, so I don't need access to original SVN. Still, I will be happy to host kdemod3 in your servers. You can mail me by clicking "Send email" on my profile. :-)

drankinatty wrote:

Manuel, All,

What is the current status of hosting of a kdemod3 (svn?) repository for Arch? Currently I have the final kdemod3 plus the AUR packages for libjpeg, libpng, poppler-qt3, etc., but I have run into serious issues with Arch updates this past month.

Printing no longer works with cups:

"cupsdoprint: symbol lookup error: cupsdoprint: undefined symbol: strlcpy"

In konqueror, you cannot sftp://user@host:port/ anymore.  The :port is needed to access any box where ssh runs on a port other than 22. Now you get "Unexpected error while talking to ssh"

Konqueror no longer display images in web pages. All you get is image placeholders that are red circles with the slash through them (the No sign).

Are there any rebuilt packages anywhere that might fix these issues? If so where?

Thanks.

Look at the first post...

PS: I silently fixed some bugs like the gwenview's one. I'm still workin on kdemod3.

#65 2010-12-10 19:15:55

Xemertix

It looks like older lib packages than the ones available in arch repos are needed in order to build (and run?) kde trinity 3.5.12,e.g. libtool-2.2.6b

Last edited by Xemertix (2010-12-10 19:18:01)

#66 2010-12-10 20:01:20

elvaka

Xemertix wrote:

It looks like older lib packages than the ones available in arch repos are needed in order to build (and run?) kde trinity 3.5.12,e.g. libtool-2.2.6b

Yes, kdemod3 has been patched to compile against the latest version of several libraries. Some patches apply to trinity but other ones need to be rewritten.

#67 2010-12-14 12:57:03

sacarde

hi,
   I dont understand if there is a possibility to install a new version of KDE-3.5 (x64)

and how retrieve relative repo... (kdemod ? chakra ?)

thanks

Last edited by sacarde (2010-12-14 12:57:38)

#68 2010-12-28 12:18:39

ezacaria

Hi,

First, thanks for the information.

+1 here for the trouble with kdemod3 in X86_64

@drankinatty, regarding the error "cupsdoprint: symbol lookup error: cupsdoprint: undefined symbol: strlcpy"
I had the same issue when trying to add a printer with the KDE wizard.
However, I could add the printer using the CUPS administrative interface (http://localhost:631)
After that, I could print from libreOffice without problems.
I tried printing from kwrite and I got the "catastrophe" message, so I guess the printing from Koffice is also compromised.
As a workaround, you could print from libreOffice/openOffice.

I also have the SFTP problem "talking to ssh".
I have not tried rebuilding the kdelibs, but I guess it worth to rather spend the time configuring kde4 sad

Best regards,

Eduardo

#69 2011-01-01 11:02:23

Engelbrekt

kdemod3 install options if you are doing a fresh install:

pacman -S kdemod3 (recommended)

pacman -S kdemod3-complete (complete kdemod3)

pacman -S kdemod3-base (bare bone KDE3)

#70 2011-01-12 19:15:50

drankinatty
Website

Let me drop a note here that may be worth looking at from the kdemod3 end. As of either kde 4.5.3 or 4.5.4, kde4 will build both:

/var/tmp/kdecache-<user>/ksyscoca
and
/var/tmp/kdecache-<user>/ksyscoca4

and then load settings from both when kde4 is launched if kde3 is installed. This results in kde4 loading both it's plasma panel and the kde3 kicker panel along with the kde3 background and dialogs in kde4. This is either a kde4 bug or an Arch packaging issue. I know this because SuSE continues to support both and there is no such behavior there. I have opened a bug with kde.org:

https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=262444

on the issue, but at present there is no feedback.

Also, if somebody will post a short 'howto' on rebuilding kdemod3 with the current libs, I'll give building x86_64 packages a go. I have a couple of Arch x86_64 boxes that I could dedicate to the build, but I don't know where to begin.
Thanks.

#71 2011-01-12 23:23:56

drankinatty
Website

Note, I updated today with the following repository

[kdemod3]
Server = http://rapinjam.com/beta/lefa/kdemod3/i686/

kdemod3 fails to start. kdm3 accepts the login, attempts to start and then you are dumped back to kdm3. Where to look for clues?

#72 2011-01-13 02:53:09

drankinatty
Website

I got kdemod3 running again by completely removing kdemod3 and then reinstalling from the chakra packages:

(IFS=$'\n'; for i in $(pacman -Q | grep kdemod); do echo -n "${i% *} " >> kdemodrmv.txt; done )
pacman -Rd $( < kdemodrmv.txt )
pacman -Sy kdemod-complete (from my saved repo)
pacman -U <of the following built from AUR>
  kdemod3-kdedecor-crystal-1.0.7-1-i686.pkg.tar.xz
  libjpeg6-6b-9-i686.pkg.tar.xz
  libpng12-1.2.44-1-i686.pkg.tar.xz
  poppler-qt3-0.14.5-1-i686.pkg.tar.xz

Drop a note if you have an idea why the packages from the rapinjam.com repo cause kdemod3 to crash.

#73 2011-01-13 21:16:00

marvn

drankinatty wrote:

Note, I updated today with the following repository

[kdemod3]
Server = http://rapinjam.com/beta/lefa/kdemod3/i686/

kdemod3 fails to start. kdm3 accepts the login, attempts to start and then you are dumped back to kdm3. Where to look for clues?

do you have xorg-iceauth package installed?

core i5 4590, x86_64, nvidia 970

#74 2011-01-14 09:11:52

azu

well, I've edited

/opt/kde/share/config/kdm/Xsession

to start all sessions as

eval exec ck-launch-session "$session"

"
case $session in
  "")
    exec xmessage -center -buttons OK:0 -default OK "Sorry, $DESKTOP_SESSION is no valid session."
    ;;
  failsafe)
    exec xterm -geometry 80x24-0-0
    ;;
  custom)
    exec ck-launch-session $HOME/.xsession
    ;;
  default)
    exec ck-launch-session /opt/kde/bin/startkde
    ;;
  *)
    eval exec ck-launch-session "$session"
    ;;
esac

"

it works for me from time consolekit came in use (also for "hal mount with no problem")

Last edited by azu (2011-01-14 09:59:14)

#75 2011-02-18 11:17:17

elvaka

Six months have passed since my last repository update. I'm sorry guys, I have a job and study computer engineering, and I do this in my free time (wich tends to be zero). Today I want to announce that I finished building KDE 3.5.12 (a.k.a. Trinity) for i686 and x86_64 big_smile The updated repos can be found on the first post.

Also, I've uploaded the PKGBUILDs to Gitorious, so please, feel free to fix or update them, and send me a commit request. This way, we won't be six months without updates again. You will find the repo here: http://gitorious.org/kdemod3

And at last: I've not built every single Trinity application, if you feel like creating a PKGBUILD for some of them, I will gladly add them to the repo and thank your effort. I recomend you start by modifying an existing PKGBUILD, because most of the lines will be identical. You can find the Trinity sources here: http://mirror2.quickbuild.pearsoncomput … /releases/

Board footer