You are not logged in.

#1 2024-04-22 20:52:34

agurkmeister

Cinnamon completely bricked after update.

So I just ran "yay" to update my PC and things were a bit wonky afterwards so I thought I should probably just reboot and that should fix it, but instead my entire Cinnamon desktop seems to be broken.
Basically what happens is that after I login I only see my wallpaper and my autostart applications appearing then after a short while my desktop icons load but my wallpaper just disappears and I can't interract with anything because even my panels are gone.
The wayland session does seem to partially function but for some reason I can't access my system settings and I can't log in and out because the pop-up box doesn't show up.

Is this something the Cinnamon devs just need time to fix or is there a possible solution on my end? Is anyone else experiencing this or is it just me?
Sorry if this is very little information to go off of but I'm clueless myself as to what the problem might be.

#2 2024-04-23 12:15:54

Nikolai5

Re: Cinnamon completely bricked after update.

Is there a reason you use yay over pacman? Are there any system or desktop environment packages you've installed from the AUR as opposed to core/extra ?

If you press ctrl + alt + F4 to switch TTY, (F1 to get back), you can run commands to provide more information about your system to us.

This has some info on what to share: https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=57855

To post logs without access to a GUI from your command line:
0x0.st is a file hosting service. Usage examples are:

sudo journalctl -b 0 | curl -F 'file=@-' 0x0.st 

or upload a file:

curl -F 'file=@somelogfile.txt' 0x0.st < somelogfile.txt 

Hopefully that helps people help you, if you can provide some more info, such as `sudo journalctl -b 0`

Last edited by Nikolai5 (2024-04-23 13:47:48)

Ryzen 7 1800X | AMD 7800XT | KDE Plasma
I can't wait to play my favourite game, wine64-preloader.

Board footer