You are not logged in.

#1 2008-10-22 06:06:16

obisunk

Weird behavior with Gnome menu

Hello, I have a weird problem.

When I click either the gnome menu->Places->Home Folder or menu->Places->Desktop, instead of nautilus opening, audacious opens.

When I do pacman -R audacious, everything is back to normal and nautilus opens when it should.  I'd still like to use audacious so I reinstalled it but the problem seems to return.  Any insight on this issue is appreciated.  Thanks.

#2 2008-10-22 19:25:42

icetonic

Re: Weird behavior with Gnome menu

Strange problem... Well I would just edit the gnome menu manually... Unfortunately there is no integrated menu editor as in ubuntu per default (at least in Gnome 2.22) but I'm sure there are other menu editors or you can activate that one.. So I would try to find out how to edit the menu to make nautilus work... I doubt that there is any other solution if the package is just configured that way (at least until an audacious update)

Sorry that I can't tell you how exactly to edit the gnome menu - at the moment I'm not using gnome anymore...

#3 2008-10-23 04:50:56

obisunk

You really don't have to apologize, you're trying to help me.  smile

I did some googling but I couldn't find any solutions yet, but I'll keep trying.  If anyone knows where the setting files for where the gnome "Places" menu is located, I could investigate and that would really help.

#4 2008-10-23 05:28:43

fukawi2
Ex-Administratorino
Website

I have a similar problem which I haven't figured out the cause of yet, but I have found a fix for the sympton.

The same thing happens to me, except it opens Phatch, not Audacious. Running the following 2 commands fixes it until the next time I install something with pacman neutral

sudo sed -i '\''s/phatch.desktop//'\'' /usr/share/applications/mimeinfo.cache
sudo sed -i '\''s/phatch.desktop;//'\'' /usr/share/applications/mimeinfo.cache

You'll need to find what is being put in the mimeinfo.cache file instead of "phatch.desktop" and replace that in the sed lines. Replacing it with blank seems to reset it to 'default' (ie, Nautilus).

(I have those 2 sed lines in an alias these days roll)

Last edited by fukawi2 (2008-10-23 05:29:21)

Board footer