You are not logged in.

#8376 2026-09-12 16:07:47

soulsaturn
Member
Registered: 2026-09-12
Posts: 4

Re: The Official Hello Everyone Thread

HELLO EVERYONE! >O< this place is so cool!!

Offline

#8377 2026-09-13 19:34:11

prottoyfuad
Member
Registered: 2026-09-13
Posts: 1

Re: The Official Hello Everyone Thread

Hello everyone!
Long-time reader of the wiki, but I joined the forums just now.

I installed Arch about three years ago. I hopped between many distros before, but nothing quite felt right. Once I moved to Arch, I never looked back. Now I'm running a minimal setup with the Sway WM, which stays out of my way and keeps me productive.

Hoping to learn more from these forums. Huge thanks to all the amazing people who maintain this wonderful OS. I've tried many options, but this is home.
Cheers!

Offline

#8378 2026-09-17 18:57:02

sa2rn
Member
Registered: 2026-09-17
Posts: 1

Re: The Official Hello Everyone Thread

Hello everyone! I installed Arch three months ago, switching from Windows 10. I’m very happy with the performance (especially in video games—it’s nice and smooth). I hope to make good use of my time here and learn a lot of new things.

Offline

#8379 2026-09-20 16:12:47

drucifer
Member
Registered: 2026-08-26
Posts: 6

Re: The Official Hello Everyone Thread

I'll join in.

I've made a couple of posts so far. I started using Arch about 7 weeks ago. I'd been using Fedora prior to that and had been daily driving Linux for a couple years. While I enjoy Fedora, I do a lot of work with tech and systems, and I wanted to deep dive into a Linux system but didn't quite want to go as far as LFS. So I started looking at Arch in a VM.

I wanted to build a layered hardened endpoint system, kind of like what you might see in a corp environment. So I built it with the hardened kernel and other security/hardening utilities. Probably overkill for a personal desktop, but I wanted a project I could add to my resume.

Anyway, I really enjoy Arch and I have learned a lot since using it.

Offline

#8380 2026-09-26 23:01:16

humbleseer
Member
Registered: 2026-09-26
Posts: 2

Re: The Official Hello Everyone Thread

Hello everyone! I've been a long time lurker of these forums, but now I've finally decided to join.

I've been using Linux as my primary OS since late December 2022. I started originally on Ubuntu, but in May 2024 I moved to Arch. The primary reason that I decided to use Arch was because I wanted to be able to build my own system and also get to know how to do some of the nitty-gritty Linux stuff that Ubuntu normally took care of.

It has been a great learning experience so far and I hope to help and have fun.

I am glad to be here! smile

Offline

#8381 2026-10-01 11:55:59

Ruhanilinks
Member
Registered: 2026-09-11
Posts: 22

Re: The Official Hello Everyone Thread

Hello everyone! I’m fairly new to Arch Linux and joined the forum to learn more, share experiences, and hopefully pick up some useful tips from other users. I’m looking forward to getting more comfortable with Arch and being part of the community. Nice to meet you all!

Offline

#8382 2026-10-02 07:36:30

YuiceOfOrange
Member
Registered: 2026-10-02
Posts: 1

Re: The Official Hello Everyone Thread

Hello, everyone!
I just dropped from MacOS, like 3 weeks ago, and I've been really happy about this Distro! Sure, I have some problems, like WiFi not working sometimes or bluetooth, or "accidentaly" installing ML4W... I'm here to gain experience, and (hopefully) fix all my problems.
Nice to meet yall!
(Dont worry about my bad english, I'm not native smile)

Offline

#8383 2026-10-04 10:34:18

Acor
Member
Registered: 2026-10-02
Posts: 10

Re: The Official Hello Everyone Thread

Hello everyone - I’m joining your circle as a grandfather. However, I’ve been using Arch Linux and Manjaro for about ten years now. Back in the 1980s – having switched into IT from a different field – I became fascinated by UNIX and worked as a system administrator managing massive server racks connected to hundreds of terminals. Printed manuals used to take up entire shelves. But innovations came fast, and when the Internet arrived – bringing web servers, SMTP mail, Linux, and LAMP development – I was immediately hooked. Naturally, I worked with a number of Linux distributions, both professionally and privately: Debian, CentOS/Red Hat, SUSE, Mandriva, Fedora, and Ubuntu. For personal use, however, I gravitated toward the rolling-release models of Arch Linux and Manjaro. Even before writing these lines, I found myself getting involved in a user's issue here on the forum over the past two days. Here’s to a successful collaboration!

Offline

#8384 2026-10-05 12:12:33

muteburrito
Member
Registered: 2026-10-05
Posts: 1

Re: The Official Hello Everyone Thread

Hello,
I am joining this community and coming from Windows... I am hoping to learn Linux with Arch the hard way in this era of AI. Nice meeting you all smile

Offline

#8385 2026-10-07 21:43:13

linux_slacker
Member
From: Denver, CO
Registered: 2026-10-07
Posts: 5

Re: The Official Hello Everyone Thread

Hello all: new to Arch, but not Linux -- first installed a kernel version 1.3.x back on Mandrake (when that was a thing), and have since tried RedHat, Debian, Ubuntu, and probably a few other flavors I've forgotten about. smile  My main distro is Gentoo, which I've been running about 20 years or so.

Have to use Windoze on my work laptop, but noticed that Arch was an option for WSL2, so decided to give it a whirl -- and I really like it! Probably because it is so similar to Gentoo, and commands in 'emerge' are easily translated to 'pacman'.

Cheers to the Arch community!

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB