You are not logged in.

#1 2010-06-28 14:56:37

Wyrm88

mpd and JACK - problem with ncmpcpp

I have archlinux with kde installed on my desktop computer, however I was curious and wanted to record sound from movies and games with recordmydesktop. I went with the jack solution, but halfway through the process I ended up with this:

[wyrm88@nbabic ~]$ jackd -d alsa
jackd 0.118.0
Copyright 2001-2009 Paul Davis, Stephane Letz, Jack O'Quinn, Torben Hohn and others.
jackd comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY
This is free software, and you are welcome to redistribute it
under certain conditions; see the file COPYING for details

JACK compiled with System V SHM support.
loading driver ..
creating alsa driver ... hw:0|hw:0|1024|2|48000|0|0|nomon|swmeter|-|32bit
control device hw:0
configuring for 48000Hz, period = 1024 frames (21.3 ms), buffer = 2 periods
ALSA: final selected sample format for capture: 32bit integer little-endian
ALSA: use 2 periods for capture
ALSA: final selected sample format for playback: 32bit integer little-endian
ALSA: use 2 periods for playback

Now, I'm not sure if it has to stop there or is there anything else supposed to follow after this... Anywho, if I don't do this, i can't start mpd normally. If I do this, mpd starts normally , ncmpcpp also, but I have a conky with covers displaying according to the song, which worked before this all jack-messing, now notify-osd doesn't work at all. This is my conky (first post). Also I have qjackctl and alsa-plugins installed, I unchecked realtime in the setup of qjackctll but jack still isn't working.
Any help appreciated.

#2 2010-06-28 15:57:53

Wyrm88

Re: mpd and JACK - problem with ncmpcpp

Hmm, managed to get mpd start without inputing "jackd -d alsa", had to delete /etc/asound.conf, also got cover showing to work. If anybody has any advice about setting jack I'll be very happy.

Board footer