You are not logged in.

#1 2010-06-29 20:02:04

praavDa

Grooveshark: is there any working way to rip the song being listen?

Hello,

Few days ago I decided to donate some money for grooveshark - I just thought it would be nice to give back some love. I usually used NetVideoHunter Video Downloader to grab my copy of songs listened and store it on my hard drive but I noticed that great share of songs can't be saved that way. As my main reason for using this service was collecting music to listen while daily travel to/from work, etc. it is now quite hard to grow my music library.

Is there any working way of ripping the songs, which will work for all the songs on grooveshark.com? It can be any way - with or without gui, working in any of the popular browsers.

Best regards,
mike.

gvim -c "exec \"normal itYNQ#v'Z#ABG#GUR#BAYL#BAR\"|%s/#/ /g|normal ggVGg?ggVG~"

#2 2010-06-29 20:36:34

jasonwryan
Anarchist
Website

Re: Grooveshark: is there any working way to rip the song being listen?

I think that you are asking for is ways to violate their terms of service: and I don't think that is an appropriate topic for the forum:
http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/For … e#Legality

Arch + dwm   •   Mercurial repos  •   Surfraw

Registered Linux User #482438

#3 2010-06-29 20:45:52

tomk
Forum Fellow

Re: Grooveshark: is there any working way to rip the song being listen?

That is correct:

Grooveshark Terms of Service wrote:

EMG grants you a limited license to access and make personal use of the Service. You agree not to download (other than page caching) or modify the Site, or any portion of it, except with express written consent of EMG. Any musical work made available via the Service is intended for Streaming only. Streaming meaning the transmission of an audiovisual work via the Internet from the Service to a user's device in such a manner that the data is intended for real-time listening and not intended to be copied, stored, permanently downloaded, or redistributed by the user. Accessing any musical work for any purpose or in any manner other than Streaming is expressly prohibited.

Thread closed.

Board footer