You are not logged in.

#1 2010-06-29 21:53:54

V for Vivian

[mostly solved] Strigi service not running

Hello,

Since I am constantly fluctuating between a rich and a minimalistic desktop environment, I'm trying out KDE once again. The Soprano/Nepomuk/Strigi stuff seems really interesting but I fail at using it.

When I go to System Settings -> Advanced -> Desktop Search it says "Strigi service not running". While Nepomuk is activated, I can't activate Strigi. When I set the checkbox for Strigi and apply, the message is still there. When I close the widow and go back again, the checkbox is deactivated again.

The searchbar in dolphin never finds anything and there is no interface for tagging or commenting files.

However, I can index files and find stuff when I run strigiclient.

What may the problem be?

Thanks,
Viv

Last edited by V for Vivian (2010-06-30 07:48:54)

YES WE CAN
(but that doesn't necessarily mean we're going to)

#2 2010-06-30 01:24:58

lamegaptop

Re: [mostly solved] Strigi service not running

Is strigi installed?

#pacman -Q strigi

Don't break the silence unless you can improve upon it.

#3 2010-06-30 07:35:49

V for Vivian

Re: [mostly solved] Strigi service not running

Steigi seems to be installed.

viv ~ $  pacman -Q strigi
strigi 0.7.2-2

I'm considering a clean Chakra installation but this seems kind of unaesthetic and stupid.

edit01: I've just renamed my .kde4 folder and restarted KDE. Now Strigi is indexing and I can tag files, everything works. Some kind of configuration seems to have been wrong. I think I can figure this out.

edit02: I had to replace the .kde4/share/apps/nepomuk folder with a clean one, maybe something with the database or how it is accessed. Don't have time to go into this right now, I'm just happy it works now.

Last edited by V for Vivian (2010-06-30 08:16:11)

YES WE CAN
(but that doesn't necessarily mean we're going to)

Board footer