#1 2010-06-30 03:12:00

Google
Website

(SOLVED) Conky and battery status

How come this will not work on my system:

${color red}$alignc Battery Information
${color lightgrey} Currently: $battery
${color lightgrey}$stippled_hr

I have tried a dozen scripts for battery status and nothing works. Does anyone have a sure fire way to get some status from my battery?

I am using a netbook, pretty standard stuff. I don't know why it won't work. I tried other commands and one returned "U" for unknown battery status and what not. How can I find out what is going on?

edit:

Battery: ${battery_percent BAT0}% ${alignr}${battery_bar 8,70 BAT0}

This displays 0% and an empty bar.

I went ahead into /proc/acpi/battery and found BAT1 and no BAT0, so I changed the script and I get a percent now...

This may be solved, but I am going to try the other functions to see if I can get the output I wanted in the first place.

Why does Conky hate batteries?

Last edited by Google (2010-07-02 07:16:26)

#2 2010-06-30 04:04:32

lagagnon
Website

Re: (SOLVED) Conky and battery status

"$battery" does not work because it assumes as default BAT0, which you don't have so it will have to be "$battery BAT1". See "man conky" for more info....

Philosophy is looking for a black cat in a dark room. Metaphysics is looking for a black cat in a dark room that isn't there. Religion is looking for a black cat in a dark room that isn't there and shouting "I found it!". Science is looking for a black cat in a dark room with a flashlight.

#3 2010-07-02 07:16:12

Google
Website

Re: (SOLVED) Conky and battery status

Got it all working good, thanks~!

Board footer