You are not logged in.

#1 2010-07-01 03:57:46

hustletrees

serious mouse issues with GTK

my mouse and touchpad for my laptop have always worked without any sort of problem. i recently switched to openbox from gnome and it's been a wonderful experience so far. i tried cleaning out unnecessary gnome stuff and installed KDE to toy with it a little. needless to say shortly afterwards i ditched KDE and switched back to openbox, only to discover my mouse being screwed. i can move the cursor around and such but after a few seconds of running my ability to click and right-click is gone. i tried re-installing gnome completely hoping it might effect it and logged into a gnome session instead but the problem is persisting here as well. if i am using my mouse in a window, i cannot select anything on the panels with it whatsoever without repeatedly right clicking in the window close to the panel and then clicking the panel. and whenever i have the panel selected i can interact with it fine but cannot switch over to any windows. it's making me believe there's something going on with the mouse thinking it's "stuck" on the panel or window so clicking outside of it is rendered useless. i really don't know, i've tried searching online and such for any help on the topic but could not find anything and this is my final resort before going completely mad. any help would be greatly appreciated.

EDIT: i've tried toying with settings in gnome in regards to the mouse and stuff, basically just doing anything i possibly can and while using a window from the control panel for the mouse and clicking within it i started opening a ton of control panel items (appearance, etc.) leading me to believe it's definitely an issue of the mouse being stuck in a window or something.

Last edited by hustletrees (2010-07-01 04:11:28)

while you home relaxed I'm squeezin Macs bustin off caps those coward cats with gold and platinum plaques get taxed and i do jooks and sling pies to make cream rise it's all about these green guys front and your whole team dies how i'm livin? so far swell you can't scar L head of the cartel sellin more cakes than Carvel

#2 2010-07-01 06:38:01

tomk
Forum Fellow

Re: serious mouse issues with GTK

Your mouse is handled by xorg, so you need to make sure it's configured correctly. "mouse issues with GTK" simply doesn't make any sense.

My guess is that somewhere in the middle of changing WM/DE, you also did a system upgrade (a good thing) without reading Arch news (a bad thing), so you now have xorg 1.8 and you need to change your config accordingly.

Board footer