You are not logged in.

#1 2010-07-03 05:25:32

sehwoo

lapsus compiling troubles

I've been trying to compile lapsus (both 0.0.6-3 and svn 98), both end up not working because of dbus.

Firstly, lapsus 0.0.6-3 wouldn't work because it dbus wasn't the right version (I have the newest version, the package is a few years old so I assumed it would be okay). I commented out those lines checking for the right version (I don't know a better way to do it..). It went a bit further afterwards, complained about not being able to find `dbus/dbus.h`.

Then I tried the svn version. It complained about the wrong automake version, I edited one of the files to have the list include automake 1.11*. It then worked until it complained about some syntax error (I believe part of the error was about the version), about DBus so I commented that part out. Then it went further, finally complaining about not being able to find `dbus/dbus.h`.

I tried including the file paths to the dbus folder `/usr/include/dbus-1.0/` and `/usr/include/dbus-1.0/dbus` but neither seemed to work.

I am at a complete loss of what to do, google and searching the forums here aren't helping at all.

I'm on a new install (installed Arch on this a day ago), it's a 64 bit box. I'd appreciate any help on this at all, the correct way to comment out makefiles, a binary smile

Thanks!

#2 2010-07-03 11:46:33

ngoonee
Forum Fellow

Re: lapsus compiling troubles

You most likely don't need lapsus anymore, I think its like years old. Why do you think you need it?

Allan-Volunteer on the (topic being discussed) mailn lists. You never get the people who matters attention on the forums.
jasonwryan-Installing Arch is a measure of your literacy. Maintaining Arch is a measure of your diligence. Contributing to Arch is a measure of your competence.
Griemak-Bleeding edge, not bleeding flat. Edge denotes falls will occur from time to time. Bring your own parachute.

#3 2010-07-03 16:15:23

sehwoo

Re: lapsus compiling troubles

Well, I know I don't need it, I was just hoping to not have to go through the hassle of setting everything up if all I needed was a daemon running

Board footer