You are not logged in.

#251 2010-07-14 14:33:55

bernarcher
Forum Fellow

Re: jumanji - a web browser

No problem here, at least with amazon.com. But I get this warning on the amazon page:

(jumanji:4604): Gtk-WARNING **: Failed to set text from markup due to error parsing markup: 
Error on line 1: Entity did not end with a semicolon; 
most likely you used an ampersand character without intending to start an entity - 
escape ampersand as &

(The number following "jumanji:" varies between different calls.)
Other pages display o.k. so this could be an amazon specific problem.

Last edited by bernarcher (2010-07-14 14:36:08)

To know or not to know ...
... the questions remain forever.

#252 2010-07-15 07:56:16

BKLive

Great looking browser! Running into the same issue I was having with midori/uzbl (might be webkit related?) that I can't load SSL/TSL pages (like DOD sites) at all. Not at all. Works in firefox, if that makes any difference, so at least I have the libraries installed correctly. Maybe there's an additional one I'm missing?

Man was I glad when I hit 't' and ':tabopen' showed up!

Main Arch Setup: HP Pavillion p7-1209, Quad-Core i3-2120 3.3Ghz, 8GB RAM, 1TB HDD, Intel Graphics
Laptop Arch Setup: Gateway lt3103u Netbook, AMD Athlon64 1.2Ghz, 2GB RAM, 250GB HDD, ATI X1270 R600

#253 2010-07-15 08:01:02

Inxsible
Forum Fellow

Session support and this will definitely become my primary browser.

EDIT: Come to think of it, it already has wink

apart from a couple of sites that I prefer using Chromium or Firefox eg. Amazon.com where jumanji takes up 100% of cpu as reported by a couple other users as well.

Last edited by Inxsible (2010-07-15 08:03:59)

Forum Rules

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but there sure are a lot of inquisitive idiots !

#254 2010-07-15 08:51:21

neldoreth

Hello,

Inxsible wrote:

apart from a couple of sites that I prefer using Chromium or Firefox eg. Amazon.com where jumanji takes up 100% of cpu as reported by a couple other users as well.

Please pull the latest version and try again - Please tell me if it helped.

Best regards

pwmt.org : programs with movie titles

#255 2010-07-15 14:10:06

pseup

Firstly, loving jumanji so far keep up the good work!

I've been playing with colors and I can't seem to set the statusbar_ssl_bgcolor or statusbar_ssl_fgcolor correctly in jumanjirc. statusbar_ssl_bgcolor seems to be ignored, and if statusbar_ssl_fgcolor is set it gets applied to both the fg and bg of the statusbar.

Also, how do I use a custom stylesheet? I have a few css styles defined in stylish with firefox, but I'm not sure how I go about turning them into something that works for jumanji.

#256 2010-07-15 14:16:14

Inxsible
Forum Fellow

pseup wrote:

Also, how do I use a custom stylesheet? I have a few css styles defined in stylish with firefox, but I'm not sure how I go about turning them into something that works for jumanji.

Does this not work for you?

pwmt.org >> jumanji >> faq wrote:
set stylesheet ~/.config/jumanji/style.css

Last edited by Inxsible (2010-07-15 14:16:59)

Forum Rules

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but there sure are a lot of inquisitive idiots !

#257 2010-07-15 15:34:54

pseup

Do you have an example css file that works for you? Coming from FF/Stylish I'm not entirely sure how the css contents should look.

#258 2010-07-15 15:40:54

ablepharus

I've tested jumanji as main browser a few days now and i have to say, that it is a really amazing browser. It's really light and got nearly everthing i need, i really like it's design and handling. And even it's not really stable, it runs well enough.   If i'd know how to enable flash/gecko-mediaplayer and if there wouldn't be problems with the session management, i could delete chromium .

#259 2010-07-15 15:56:17

Sertse

Inxsible wrote:
pseup wrote:

Does this not work for you?

pwmt.org >> jumanji >> faq wrote:
set stylesheet ~/.config/jumanji/style.css

It was mentioned earlier in the thread (I know since I asked the same question earlier lol)

It should be

set stylesheet file:///home/user/.config/jumanji/style.css

and it'll work.

the faq is wrong...

#260 2010-07-15 16:13:57

moose jaw

neldoreth wrote:

Hello,

Inxsible wrote:

Please pull the latest version and try again - Please tell me if it helped.

Best regards

Amazon is now working great for me with the latest version.  But, it seems that hinting is broken: 'f' pops up the "Follow hint:" prompt in the statusbar, but no numerical hints appear on the page, and pressing numbers doesn't do anything.  I see there is a Hinting branch now, but it wouldn't build for me.

I'll add my voice to the others who really really like single-instance!

Thanks once again neldoreth for what is quickly becoming my everyday browser.

#261 2010-07-15 16:19:15

neldoreth

Hello,

Good to hear that it solved the amazon issues.

moose jaw wrote:

But, it seems that hinting is broken: 'f' pops up the "Follow hint:" prompt in the statusbar, but no numerical hints appear on the page, and pressing numbers doesn't do anything.  I see there is a Hinting branch now, but it wouldn't build for me.

OK, since we are working on a better implementation of the hint system (you can check out the specific branch too, but you need a patched libwebkit package), I don't want to work on the javascript one.

moose jaw wrote:

There is a own branch for this, I will merge it in the next days.

Best regards

#262 2010-07-15 16:19:37

Inxsible
Forum Fellow

Sertse wrote:

It was mentioned earlier in the thread (I know since I asked the same question earlier lol)

It should be

set stylesheet file:///home/user/.config/jumanji/style.css

and it'll work.

the faq is wrong...

I stand corrected. Actually Sertse, it was your question which helped me use a stylesheet as well. but when I posted the reply, I was at work and I had forgotten the nuance. smile

Question is why does set stylesheet not take ~/ where as other commands like set download_command accept it?

Forum Rules

#263 2010-07-15 16:23:31

moose jaw

neldoreth wrote:
moose jaw wrote:

There is a own branch for this, I will merge it in the next days.

Wonderful, can't wait! I've got a package built from the single-instance branch from a few days ago that I've been using, but wanted to try out the new good stuff on the master branch too.

Looking forward to new hinting stuff as well.  Very exciting

Thanks as always!

#264 2010-07-15 16:37:11

Inxsible
Forum Fellow

Woot !! cool

single instance under the bag. Only things remaining for me are session management and "reopen tabs that were open last"

Last edited by Inxsible (2010-07-15 16:37:56)

Forum Rules

#265 2010-07-15 17:06:07

gtklocker

When I open pages with flash content here (and ads also), jumanji crashes. Any idea? I use flash-native64, and it works flawlessly on everyone else browser.

#266 2010-07-15 17:12:40

neldoreth

Hello,

gtklocker wrote:

When I open pages with flash content here (and ads also), jumanji crashes. Any idea? I use flash-native64, and it works flawlessly on everyone else browser.

There is a bug in the plugin blocker somewhere, you can disable it for now on:

set plugin_blocker false

Best regards

#267 2010-07-15 18:30:47

aqamar

Hi, i put in my jumanjirc 

set proxy http://127.0.0.1:8118 #

i can navigate but appears this   

(jumanji:4078): libsoup-CRITICAL **: soup_uri_free: assertion `uri != NULL' failed

if i  put

set proxy http://127.0.0.1:8118

removing the simbol # doesnt see the error but  not connect to proxy....

#268 2010-07-15 18:40:15

neldoreth

Hello,

You are not allowed to append a # after the value, because it will put together to one single string. So

set proxy 127.0.0.1:8118

is the right way. If you can not connect to the proxy, make sure you have started privoxy (/etc/rc.d/privoxy start), otherwise you can toggle it on and off with ^p.

Best regards

#269 2010-07-15 19:38:50

sicpsnake
Website

Only thing keeping me from fully enjoying Jumanji is the lack of usable user stylesheets... Actually, this is what is keeping me from using any browser other than Firefox. Shit sucks. sad

#270 2010-07-15 19:40:28

Inxsible
Forum Fellow

sicpsnake wrote:

Only thing keeping me from fully enjoying Jumanji is the lack of usable user stylesheets... Actually, this is what is keeping me from using any browser other than Firefox. Shit sucks. sad

how is user stylesheet different than a regular stylesheet?

Forum Rules

#271 2010-07-15 19:43:57

sicpsnake
Website

Inxsible wrote:
sicpsnake wrote:

It's not? What I meant was: Since there isn't a good way to implement my user styles on any other browser other than Firefox (and Chromium), I'm pretty much stuck with Firefox. Jumanji does allow stylesheets to be loaded, but I can't seem to get it to work like stylish. Meh.

#272 2010-07-15 19:55:36

Inxsible
Forum Fellow

sicpsnake wrote:
Inxsible wrote:
sicpsnake wrote:

It's not? What I meant was: Since there isn't a good way to implement my user styles on any other browser other than Firefox (and Chromium), I'm pretty much stuck with Firefox. Jumanji does allow stylesheets to be loaded, but I can't seem to get it to work like stylish. Meh.

set stylesheet file:///home/inxs/.config/jumanji/style.css

You would have to change the path so that it reflects yours of course

Forum Rules

#273 2010-07-15 19:58:40

sicpsnake
Website

Inxsible wrote:
sicpsnake wrote:
Inxsible wrote:

set stylesheet file:///home/inxs/.config/jumanji/style.css

You would have to change the path so that it reflects yours of course

Yeah. I know that already, but it doesn't seem to fair well with multiple stylesheets for multiple domains. I guess I'll try to play with it some more.

#274 2010-07-15 20:03:49

Inxsible
Forum Fellow

sicpsnake wrote:

Yeah. I know that already, but it doesn't seem to fair well with multiple stylesheets for multiple domains. I guess I'll try to play with it some more.

Ahh ! I see. Sorry then.

I thought you missed the stylesheet post a couple pages back and on the top of this page smile

Last edited by Inxsible (2010-07-15 20:04:35)

Forum Rules

#275 2010-07-15 20:10:10

sicpsnake
Website

Inxsible wrote:
sicpsnake wrote:

Ahh ! I see. Sorry then.

I thought you missed the stylesheet post a couple pages back and on the top of this page smile

Nah. I am usually pretty good about viewing entire project threads/wikis and RTFM. wink It's okay, though. Don't worry about it.

Board footer