You are not logged in.

#76 2010-07-08 08:05:40

portix
Member
Registered: 2009-01-13
Posts: 757

Re: jumanji - a web browser

benob wrote:

Any idea how I can set a proxy? I use http_proxy but it won't change anything.

Use  HTTP_PROXY instead.

Offline

#77 2010-07-08 08:11:31

benob
Member
Registered: 2008-11-11
Posts: 187

Re: jumanji - a web browser

portix wrote:
benob wrote:

Any idea how I can set a proxy? I use http_proxy but it won't change anything.

Use  HTTP_PROXY instead.

Thanks!

Offline

#78 2010-07-08 08:28:25

neldoreth
Member
From: AT
Registered: 2009-02-01
Posts: 212

Re: jumanji - a web browser

Hello,

benob wrote:

Any idea how I can set a proxy? I use http_proxy but it won't change anything.

1. set proxy foo
2. export HTTP_PROXY=foo
3. http://pwmt.org/jumanji/faq/

Best regards


pwmt.org : programs with movie titles

Offline

#79 2010-07-08 10:01:49

goran'agar
Member
From: Nothern Italy
Registered: 2009-05-19
Posts: 167

Re: jumanji - a web browser

neldoreth wrote:

Hello,

goran'agar wrote:

just my 2¢ - better not to add too many functions. jumanji is so light and fast that it would be a shame to make it bloated.

Their won't, a lot of things that were mentioned here (like lately the encoding support) are already provided by webkit it self and since the set function
is already written it does not take much effort to make them available in jumanji too. For example WebInspector  is very nice for inspecting certain elements
and developing web pages - Things like that make jumanji rich of features without using too much unnecessary code, so it would be a bit stupid to skip
them.

This is great.

neldoreth wrote:

In addition I have to say that I want from jumanji to be a browser that fits my personally usage best (and thats something similar to vimperator): So I need
tabs, I need a working command line completion for opening pages and I need things that block stupid ads and scripts (biggest thing on the TODO list), because
things like that make browsing the web more than annoying. I do not want to make a swiss army knife out of jumanji, but just a decent, useable browser
with reasonable features and a minimalistic functional interface.

Well, jumanji works perfectly with privoxy which does its job very well. For me with jumanji and privoxy ads are history. Maybe this is a part you can skip.

For me jumanji needs only two things. Number one: being able to exit with ZZ like vi and uzbl (I use the trick already mentioned in this thread and it works well); number two: define in the jumanjirc file the default width and height without having to edit the config.h file.

Last edited by goran'agar (2010-07-08 10:02:21)


Sony Vaio VPCM13M1E  - Arch Linux - ZFS - Syslinux - XFCE .
Samsung SGS - CM10.1 - Semaphore 2.8.0 .

Offline

#80 2010-07-08 10:16:50

litemotiv
Forum Fellow
Registered: 2008-08-01
Posts: 5,026

Re: jumanji - a web browser

neldoreth wrote:

Hello,

litemotiv wrote:

oh and how should i map keys with arguments in jumanjirc (like nav_history)?

map x nav_history forward

is there a complete list of that somewhere, since they are called different in config.h?

{GDK_CONTROL_MASK,   GDK_i,             sc_nav_history,       NORMAL,              { NEXT } },
{GDK_CONTROL_MASK,   GDK_o,             sc_nav_history,       NORMAL,              { PREVIOUS } },

ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Offline

#81 2010-07-08 10:17:16

neldoreth
Member
From: AT
Registered: 2009-02-01
Posts: 212

Re: jumanji - a web browser

Hello,

goran'agar wrote:

Well, jumanji works perfectly with privoxy which does its job very well. For me with jumanji and privoxy ads are history. Maybe this is a part you can skip.

Yes, the privoxy solution is already mentioned in the F.A.Q., providing such functionality as noscript/adblock should not be implemented in jumanji itself, but in webkit, so I would
have to hack it and not the browser smile

goran'agar wrote:

Number one: being able to exit with ZZ like vi and uzbl (I use the trick already mentioned in this thread and it works well);

Things like that can be easily added to the default keybindings, mapping buffer commands is not possible right now.

goran'agar wrote:

number two: define in the jumanjirc file the default width and height without having to edit the config.h file.

This is also possible since "day 1": set width 500, set height 600

Best regards


pwmt.org : programs with movie titles

Offline

#82 2010-07-08 10:18:50

neldoreth
Member
From: AT
Registered: 2009-02-01
Posts: 212

Re: jumanji - a web browser

Hello,

litemotiv wrote:

is there a complete list of that somewhere, since they are called different in config.h?

The mappings are defined in shortcut_names, argument_names, mode_names, gdk_keys at the end of config.h

Best regards


pwmt.org : programs with movie titles

Offline

#83 2010-07-08 11:25:01

bangkok_manouel
Member
From: indicates a starting point
Registered: 2005-02-07
Posts: 1,554

Re: jumanji - a web browser

just noticed that a middle click will open a new tab in the background while F will open it in the foreground, any way to force F to open tabs in the background too ?


All design goals must be phrased in such a way that it is hard to use them as slogans to justify stupidity.

Offline

#84 2010-07-08 11:27:27

neldoreth
Member
From: AT
Registered: 2009-02-01
Posts: 212

Re: jumanji - a web browser

Hello,

bangkok_manouel wrote:

just noticed that a middle click will open a new tab in the background while F will open it in the foreground, any way to force F to open tabs in the background too ?

Change FALSE in line 1629 and 1653 to TRUE.

Best regards


pwmt.org : programs with movie titles

Offline

#85 2010-07-08 11:35:10

bangkok_manouel
Member
From: indicates a starting point
Registered: 2005-02-07
Posts: 1,554

Re: jumanji - a web browser

neldoreth wrote:

Hello,

bangkok_manouel wrote:

just noticed that a middle click will open a new tab in the background while F will open it in the foreground, any way to force F to open tabs in the background too ?

Change FALSE in line 1629 and 1653 to TRUE.

Best regards

awesome, thanks !

two things, not sure if it's a jumanji issue but "F" gets only "f" behaviour on lemonde.fr

on digg.com, hints are hidden behind the text and are therefore unreadable.


All design goals must be phrased in such a way that it is hard to use them as slogans to justify stupidity.

Offline

#86 2010-07-08 12:28:22

Inxsible
Forum Fellow
From: Chicago
Registered: 2008-06-09
Posts: 9,059

Re: jumanji - a web browser

Is there a way to use urxvt for the downloads instead of xterm?

I tried to put this in jumanjirc but it seems that jumanji ignores it.

set download_command urxvt -e sh -c \"wget --load-cookies ~/.config/jumanji/cookies '%s' -O %s\"";

which is an exact copy of the download command from the config.def.h except that its using urxvt. I also tried it with an equals sign

set download_command=urxvt -e sh -c \"wget --load-cookies ~/.config/jumanji/cookies '%s' -O %s\"";

If I uninstall xterm, it simply doesn't do anything.


Forum Rules

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but there sure are a lot of inquisitive idiots !

Offline

#87 2010-07-08 12:38:16

neldoreth
Member
From: AT
Registered: 2009-02-01
Posts: 212

Re: jumanji - a web browser

Hello,

Inxsible wrote:

Is there a way to use urxvt for the downloads instead of xterm?

Pull the latest changes (there was a typo) and then use:

set download_command urxvt -e sh -c "wget --load-cookies ~/.config/jumanji/cookies '%s' -O %s";
Inxsible wrote:

If I uninstall xterm, it simply doesn't do anything.

Why should that have helped? tongue

Best regards


pwmt.org : programs with movie titles

Offline

#88 2010-07-08 13:08:57

Inxsible
Forum Fellow
From: Chicago
Registered: 2008-06-09
Posts: 9,059

Re: jumanji - a web browser

works now. Thanks neldoreth. A couple more things I need to figure out how to do, and this should become my primary browser. I am on an old machine and firefox chromium are just too heavy for this dino.

I have been using uzbl and jumanji and trying things out, but as of now, jumanji seems to be more productive for me.


Forum Rules

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but there sure are a lot of inquisitive idiots !

Offline

#89 2010-07-08 15:42:55

pH
Member
Registered: 2009-06-25
Posts: 8

Re: jumanji - a web browser

neldoreth wrote:
pH wrote:

Do the numpad keys work for you when you follow hints ? (with my keyboard layout, numbers are only accessible with shift, so it's easier/faster with the numpad)

Maybe someone else can answer this for you, since I do not have a numpad on my keyboard.

Anyone ?

Also, I can only use the hint following script with numbers, typing letters isn't effective. I can see what I type on the right of the status bar but not on the input bar.

I gave a look at the VimNav script mentionned earlier : it doesn't work from scratch. Apparently, in jumanji, typing "f" calls the function show_hints() from the script (Am I right ? And if so, wouldn't that be a problem if several scripts implements this function ?). So if you had a show_hints() function in vimnav, that calls startNavigating(), the hints appear allright. But then I couldn't find a function in vimnav equivalent to input_hinting_mode's fire() function that is called by jumanji when you type after hiting "f".

I'd be interested to make VimNav work with jumanji cause it seems much more configurable, but both this script and input_hinting_mode are a bit too complicated for me to tweak to make it work like I want to.

Offline

#90 2010-07-08 15:56:07

gazj
Member
From: /home/gazj -> /uk/cambs
Registered: 2007-02-09
Posts: 679
Website

Re: jumanji - a web browser

Inxsible wrote:

works now. Thanks neldoreth. A couple more things I need to figure out how to do, and this should become my primary browser. I am on an old machine and firefox chromium are just too heavy for this dino.

I have been using uzbl and jumanji and trying things out, but as of now, jumanji seems to be more productive for me.

I agree, still haven't had as much time as I would like to play with this, but the defaults fit me so much better than uzbl defaults.  It is the vimperator without the firefox overhead I have been looking for.  I also configured using urxvt & wget for download in config.h

Offline

#91 2010-07-08 16:22:26

Inxsible
Forum Fellow
From: Chicago
Registered: 2008-06-09
Posts: 9,059

Re: jumanji - a web browser

gazj wrote:

It is the vimperator without the firefox overhead I have been looking for.

You said it !!

gazj wrote:

I also configured using urxvt & wget for download in config.h

Why not simply put it in jumanjirc? that way you don't have to keep changing the config.h everytime a new version comes by.

Last edited by Inxsible (2010-07-08 16:22:36)


Forum Rules

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but there sure are a lot of inquisitive idiots !

Offline

#92 2010-07-08 16:36:03

alf
Member
From: Tromsø, Norway
Registered: 2010-07-05
Posts: 35

Re: jumanji - a web browser

are you able to watch movies in this browser?
for instance with gecko or vlc-plugin?

Offline

#93 2010-07-08 17:03:39

neldoreth
Member
From: AT
Registered: 2009-02-01
Posts: 212

Re: jumanji - a web browser

Hello,

alf wrote:

are you able to watch movies in this browser?
for instance with gecko or vlc-plugin?

I am using the gecko-mediaplayer and it definitely works.

Best regards


pwmt.org : programs with movie titles

Offline

#94 2010-07-08 17:18:33

alf
Member
From: Tromsø, Norway
Registered: 2010-07-05
Posts: 35

Re: jumanji - a web browser

awesome, this might be the browser for me! big_smile

btw, if i'm correct you can see and edit the keybinds in a config file?
Great job on the browser wink

Offline

#95 2010-07-08 17:20:40

neldoreth
Member
From: AT
Registered: 2009-02-01
Posts: 212

Re: jumanji - a web browser

Hello,

alf wrote:

btw, if i'm correct you can see and edit the keybinds in a config file?
Great job on the browser wink

Yes and some of them (right now only the shortcuts) with a rc file. Please check the
F.A.Q on the website for that.

Best regards


pwmt.org : programs with movie titles

Offline

#96 2010-07-08 17:20:46

moose jaw
Member
From: Milwaukee
Registered: 2007-08-20
Posts: 95

Re: jumanji - a web browser

Really enjoying this: thanks so much for sharing your great work!

One question: I can't seem to figure out how to stop a page from loading, for example to kill the loading of a page that is slow or stuck.  I see that ^c and ^Esc are mapped to "abort", but this doesn't seem to do anything for me.  This would be useful mostly in conjunction with the input_hinting_mode script, since it's not possible to follow hints until after the page is fully loaded (and, for example, nytimes.com seems to hang at about 90% for me fairly frequently, meaning that I can't follow hints on it)

Offline

#97 2010-07-08 18:42:35

neldoreth
Member
From: AT
Registered: 2009-02-01
Posts: 212

Re: jumanji - a web browser

Hello,

moose jaw wrote:

One question: I can't seem to figure out how to stop a page from loading, for example to kill the loading of a page that is slow or stuck.  I see that ^c and ^Esc are mapped to "abort", but this doesn't seem to do anything for me.  This would be useful mostly in conjunction with the input_hinting_mode script, since it's not possible to follow hints until after the page is fully loaded (and, for example, nytimes.com seems to hang at about 90% for me fairly frequently, meaning that I can't follow hints on it)

It is now possible with :stop - I will try loading the scripts earlier later on.

Best regards


pwmt.org : programs with movie titles

Offline

#98 2010-07-08 19:13:51

neldoreth
Member
From: AT
Registered: 2009-02-01
Posts: 212

Re: jumanji - a web browser

Hello,

OK, the scripts will now loaded at an earlier state, please try if this performs well.

Best regards


pwmt.org : programs with movie titles

Offline

#99 2010-07-08 19:15:21

gazj
Member
From: /home/gazj -> /uk/cambs
Registered: 2007-02-09
Posts: 679
Website

Re: jumanji - a web browser

Inxsible wrote:
gazj wrote:

It is the vimperator without the firefox overhead I have been looking for.

You said it !!

gazj wrote:

I also configured using urxvt & wget for download in config.h

Why not simply put it in jumanjirc? that way you don't have to keep changing the config.h everytime a new version comes by.

Shrugs shoulders, I don't know why I was doing it the hard way, now corrected wink

Offline

#100 2010-07-08 19:40:55

gazj
Member
From: /home/gazj -> /uk/cambs
Registered: 2007-02-09
Posts: 679
Website

Re: jumanji - a web browser

I have this in my jumanjirc

set inputbar_fgcolor = #1793D1

for some reason the text just dissapears (or it is black).  What am I doing wrong?

EDIT: Never mind, why did I feel the need to put an equals in there.  EDIT2: Because there are equals in config.h that why.


should be

set inputbar_fgcolor #1793D1

Last edited by gazj (2010-07-08 19:42:40)

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB