You are not logged in.

#1 2010-07-06 11:01:24

mcstar

KDE4 - mouse activated PresentWindowClass effect

hello.

im a first poster and aur contributor here. id like to bring it to your attention that i made a little hack to kde4, which enables it to activate the Present Windows - Window Class effect by using the active screen edges functionality. theres this package in aur: kdebase-workspace-windowclass, which compiles a patched version of kdebase-workspace. if you install it, it will change your active screen edges options. There will be two choices regarding the present windows effect: Present Windows - Current Desktop - All Apps and Present Windows - All Desktops - Current App. the first one activates the usual, which was implemented beforehand. the second one is the new one, which replaces Present Windows - All Desktops, since i didnt need that one. this second option was only available only as a keyboard shortcut, but not as a hot corner action. i find this expose-like feature very handy, but since i dont like keyboard shortcut activated effects, i couldnt use it before. so i hope you will like it. some guru pls tell me why isnt this implemented by default in kde4? the hack is replacing 4 lines in the source. and a request: pls go over my PKGBUILD, i suspect it doesnt conform to packaging standards, since it replaces kdebase-workspace from extra. ty

Board footer