You are not logged in.

#1 2010-07-10 17:49:05

Ben9250
Website

[SOLVED] Gstreamer General

Hi All, I've been trying to get my iPod to work as it did in the days I had Ubuntu and Virtualbox. So I can get my music off, before I hand my phone over to my brother's windows laptop and itunes to get the OS updated to the newest one, incase it removes my music and I can't get it back. I installed Virtualbox with any dependencies it wanted. and then read through the Ipod wiki on the Iphone sections. I tried to get iFuse to work and it worked successfully, then decided to put the rules in the wiki in my udev rules for automounting and it worked a treat. Now it askes me what I want to do and I say open rhythmbox. But when I click to play a track a red icon appears and I get told either:

GStreamer encountered a general stream error.
 or 
This file contains no playable streams.

But mostly the first error appears. The second error has only appeard once or twice for a few tracks. Had a search through several forums with people getting the error (mostly with mp4 files) but nothing useful has come out of it. I'm also unsure if I still need iFuse if the udev rules thing still worked/

Huge thanks who can give me any guidance.

Note Amarok ran the tracks without a problem (although I really do like Rhytmbox better so would like it working). And I'm currently seeing if I follow the instructions regarding the Ifuse way for 3.0 and 4.0 versions will make things any better.

[EDIT] Half way through reinstalling everything I had so far to make sure nothing was corrupted or missing and following the instructions in the wiki for OS 4.X or 3.X and the music started playing, so I'm not sure exactly which is responsible for the fix, but it is now.

Last edited by Ben9250 (2010-07-10 19:08:22)

"In England we have come to rely upon a comfortable time-lag of fifty years or a century intervening between the perception that something ought to be done and a serious attempt to do it."
  - H. G. Wells

Board footer