You are not logged in.

#1 2010-07-12 19:21:58

Skilldrick

KDE resetting multiple monitor setup

I'm having problems getting multiple monitors working and staying working in KDE. If I go to System Settings > Display, my HDMI output starts off at 1024x768, even though 1280x1024 is marked (Auto) (and is the correct res). If I set it to the right res, and left of the laptop display, it works, but after some time the HDMI output just switches off. Going back to Display shows it as Disabled. Even after setting it back to the correct settings, after reboot it's all forgotten and back to 1024x768.

I've worked out that the following line sets up my external monitor correctly:

xrandr --output HDMI1 --mode 1280x1024 --left-of LVDS1

and this line sets up the internal one:

xrandr --output LVDS1 --mode 1366x768

If I put these in .bashrc (seemed to be the only place it worked) then the monitors work on startup, but after a short amount of time everything goes fubar (either the HDMI monitor turns off, or the laptop screen goes the wrong res). If I open up another terminal (to run .bashrc again) once or twice, everything seems to settle and the monitors don't reset themselves again.

It feels like KDE's trying to do some funny business which is interfering with my xrandr efforts. I've got a blank xorg.conf.

Board footer