You are not logged in.

#1 2010-07-14 11:26:47

geniuz

GunBound Classic

Hi there Archers,

I don't know whether it is appropriate to post this here, but I would just like to bring a game to your attention that runs perfectly fine under Wine. It is called GunBound Classic (GBC) and it's basically and RPG-like clone of the widely known Worms game. For more information about the game itself you can go to www.gunboundclassic.com. I've been playing this game with pleasure since 2004, I do have to note that GBC is a private server and that the original game is copyrighted and owned by Softnyx Inc. (www.softnyx.net). This original game (also known as GIS), was launched in 2003 and was a great succes immediately. Over the recent years however the game became more and more "cash" orientated which ruined all the fun. GBC on the contrary is completely free and will remain free as far as the owners are concerned. Also, more and more users from the original version (GIS) are migrating to this private server for the above-mentioned reason.

As I already mentioned this game is an online RPG, meaning you compete against other players. You get a charachter which you can dress up with so-called avatars, these avatars can be bought with money earned in-game by winning games (Gold). Next to this, there is also a ranking system. You start out as a chick and you gradually rank up until you get a certain amount of experience (GP) after which your next rank is determined by the percentage of players which have also gained enough experience to compete. Also, you only play against real people all around the world. You can make your own room in the server which other people can join or you can join other rooms and play.

This is about all I have to say, for more information you can go to the above URL's. The game itself can be download from the GBC site and can be installed through wine like you would install any other program. I did not require any further "hacks" to get it working. Should there be any questions, I will be glad to answer them smile.

Last edited by geniuz (2010-07-14 11:27:11)

#2 2010-07-14 11:38:47

ablepharus

Re: GunBound Classic

May you want to commit at the appdb?

#3 2010-07-14 12:19:02

geniuz

#4 2010-07-14 14:04:21

ngoonee
Forum Fellow

Used to play gunbound when it first came out. Addictive for a while, but ended up getting tired of just walking back and fro those 2-3 inches all day long.....

Besides, its boring to keep using the same character everytime, which is pretty much a must if you want to be any good. Like "hey I'm gonna gravity ball you over the edge" or "I'm the scorpion, every game I try to get that perfect burrow combo on you".....

Allan-Volunteer on the (topic being discussed) mailn lists. You never get the people who matters attention on the forums.
jasonwryan-Installing Arch is a measure of your literacy. Maintaining Arch is a measure of your diligence. Contributing to Arch is a measure of your competence.
Griemak-Bleeding edge, not bleeding flat. Edge denotes falls will occur from time to time. Bring your own parachute.

#5 2010-07-15 13:21:10

Paaskehare
Website

I love GunBound, but I can't seem to reach the auto-updater, so I can't play sad

im.ole

#6 2010-07-16 07:50:21

geniuz

Paaskehare wrote:

I love GunBound, but I can't seem to reach the auto-updater, so I can't play sad

That is very strange, like I said, it works fine for me without any further action but installing the launcher. Are there any error messages?

Board footer