You are not logged in.

#1 2010-07-24 21:39:18

soaliar

KDE Fullscreen

Hi.

I'm having some problems with KDE and fullscreen apps. For example, while switching a flash movie to fullscreen it gets really slow.

Everything started today. I was playing Pro Evolution Soccer 2010 (L) on Wine, and suddenly (I didn't do anything weird) it started to slowdown. hmm This happened during the game, not in the menu screen.

I restarted the game, and this time the game started slow (not the menu) but after quitting the game the menu screen was also slow.

Now everytime I start the game EVERYTHING is slow from the beginning, both the menu screen and the game itself.

I tried another games (Devil May Cry 4 is now a PAIN) and same result.

After this, fullscreen flash is also slow.

This doesn't happen on another desktop environments such as OpenBox. Neither happens if I disable the kwin effects before playing.

But I don't know what happened... I used to play games on fullscreen with Kwin effects on and they used to work very well. I didn't change any configuration, no -Syu, nothing at all. It just... happened. neutral

Thanks to all. smile

#2 2010-07-25 17:26:06

Vamp898
Website

Re: KDE Fullscreen

I really recommend you to use compiz instead of KWin or just disable Desktop Effects

KWin really tends to be slow with the time with 3D Effects Enabled

#3 2010-07-27 00:44:43

soaliar

Re: KDE Fullscreen

Just like the way it came, it went away: by doing nothing at all. neutral

Fixed... =/

Board footer