You are not logged in.

#1 2005-02-21 15:13:23

Michel

[updated] vips

This is a nice library and also includes a commandline-tool. It is designed to work with images larger than the amount of available ram. I scanned some pictures that resulted in tiff-files larger than 100 MB. I couldn't view the image completely with Image Magick's display, eog or gimp, but I could with the front-end for this library, "nip2". I could also save the tiff to png.

# Contributor: Michel Brabants <michel.linux@tiscali.be>
pkgname=vips
pkgver=7.10.8
pkgrel=2
pkgdesc="VIPS is a free image processing system. It is good with large images (images larger than the amount of RAM in your machine), and for working with colour."
url="http://www.vips.ecs.soton.ac.uk/index.php"
license=""
depends=('fftw' 'lcms' 'pango' 'imagemagick' 'libpng' 'libtiff' 'libjpeg' 'zlib' 'glib2')
makedepends=('make' 'pkgconfig' 'perl')
source=(http://www.vips.ecs.soton.ac.uk/vips-7.10/$pkgname-$pkgver.tar.gz 
        http://cima.ng-london.org.uk/~john/vips_png.c)
md5sums=('1cb7380fc7e20fdab46928c7f212942a' '555e1363193593bc5c9bac8f895c6587')

build() {
  cd $startdir/src/$pkgname-$pkgver
  #this new version of the vips_png.c adds the ability to read large not-interlaced png-images
  cp -f $startdir/src/vips_png.c ./libsrc/conversion

./configure --prefix=/usr
  make || return 1
  make DESTDIR=$startdir/pkg install
}

#2 2005-02-22 07:29:12

dp
Website

Re: [updated] vips

what fftw pkg do you use to build this pkg?

the reason i'm asking:

checking for fftw3... Package fftw3 was not found in the pkg-config search path.
Perhaps you should add the directory containing `fftw3.pc'
to the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable
No package 'fftw3' found
checking for FFTW... libraries (none), headers (none)
configure: WARNING: libfftw not found; disabling fast FFT support
checking linux/videodev.h usability... yes
checking linux/videodev.h presence... yes

however, it seems to be linked to it anyway - strange

i'm looking to include vips and nip2 to extra

The impossible missions are the only ones which succeed.

#3 2005-02-22 09:23:19

dp
Website

vips + nip2 => extra

this is very usefull stuff! thanks!!!

#4 2005-02-22 13:04:33

Michel

Heya,

indeed I noticed it too, while building nip2 anyway. It's also a dependency of vips I believe. I haven't looked if it was found there. The problem seems to be that the .pc-file is called "fftw3f.pc" and so it doesn't find it. Maybe I'll patch it or so in one of the following days, should nobody do it, or I'll send the patch to the creators of the program.

Michel

#5 2005-02-23 01:44:55

Michel

Heya,

I tried to add fftw-support, but it gave me problems in the linking-stage, so I didn't include the patch for it ... mayeb I did something wrong.

I added a patch that adds support for non-interlaced png-images. These were supported before, but now it also supports big non-interlaced png-images. I tried it with a ~120 MB png-image and it works (have 128 MB ram).

Michel

#6 2005-02-23 14:43:42

dp
Website

Michel wrote:

Heya,

I tried to add fftw-support, but it gave me problems in the linking-stage, so I didn't include the patch for it ... mayeb I did something wrong.

I added a patch that adds support for non-interlaced png-images. These were supported before, but now it also supports big non-interlaced png-images. I tried it with a ~120 MB png-image and it works (have 128 MB ram).

Michel

very nice!

i will include this patch to the official pkg ... but please change always the pkgrel if you make modifications to a pkg - it keeps them separated and people do not confuse pkgs if speaking about them - thx

i glue images together i take from microscopy and i had big trouble editing them with gimp (40Mpix image in gimp needs more ram than i have) ... but with this great tool it works perfectly

Board footer