You are not logged in.

#1 2010-07-27 01:23:41

lagagnon
Website

Video artifact upon thaw after hibernation with xscreensaver-lock

Symptoms: on resume (thaw) from pm-hibernate my system is set to run xscreensaver-lock before bringing the user back to the wmii desktop. Works great, however an image of the desktop as it was before hibernation often pops up for a few seconds before I see the xscreensaver-lock password entry screen. This could be a security issue, and is also just a  bit annoying.

Using window manager wmii-3.9.2-1 and xscreensaver 5.11-1. Here is my /etc/pm/sleep.d/66dummy file:

#!/bin/bash
case $1 in
    hibernate)
            echo "Hey guy, we are going to suspend to disk!"
            ;;
    suspend)
            echo "Oh, this time we're doing a suspend to RAM. Cool!"
            ;;
    thaw)
            xsreensaver-command -lock &
            tkremind /home/larry/.reminders &   
            /etc/rc.local
            ;;
    resume)
            echo "hey, the suspend to RAM seems to be over..."
            ;;
    *)  echo "somebody is calling me totally wrong."
            ;;
esac

I have the idea that perhaps I could alter the /usr/sbin/pm-hibernate script such that it blanks the screen first before doing the rest of its hibernate stuff, so that the screen would be initially blank on thaw. Any others experienced such behaviour and any ideas appreciated.

Philosophy is looking for a black cat in a dark room. Metaphysics is looking for a black cat in a dark room that isn't there. Religion is looking for a black cat in a dark room that isn't there and shouting "I found it!". Science is looking for a black cat in a dark room with a flashlight.

Board footer