You are not logged in.

#176 2010-08-15 23:33:18

alexandrite

Re: Update of FluxBB

ngoonee wrote:
alexandrite wrote:
wonder wrote:

no, i just said that we had some mechanism in the past to keep spammers out. it happened that i run for couples for weeks fluxbb without any  protection and i had 50 new accounts per day and all of them were spam.

I see.  And why not stick with the old mechanism?  I assume there must have been a reason.

I'd assume because some users found it almost impossible to solve the old mechanism smile

Then I say let those users sit there and be confused tongue  My convenience over others'!

#177 2010-08-16 06:16:41

bernarcher
Forum Fellow

alexandrite wrote:
wonder wrote:

no, i just said that we had some mechanism in the past to keep spammers out. it happened that i run for couples for weeks fluxbb without any  protection and i had 50 new accounts per day and all of them were spam.

I see.  And why not stick with the old mechanism?  I assume there must have been a reason.

After all, captchas are severe obstacles whenever you use text-only browsers (which I have to from time to time).

To know or not to know ...
... the questions remain forever.

#178 2010-08-20 00:41:02

zippy

Wow i can finally log in again. I had to install arora and after the 6th try i didnt get the captcha message.

O HAI DER ARCH
th_63821_0_122_404lo.jpg

FUUUUUUUUUUU
th_63822_1_122_383lo.jpg

#179 2010-08-20 10:10:02

alexandrite

bernarcher wrote:
alexandrite wrote:
wonder wrote:

After all, captchas are severe obstacles whenever you use text-only browsers (which I have to from time to time).

Hilariously, these capchas have alt text that contains the content of the capcha, so that text browsers can log in...

tNWE3cw

#180 2010-08-20 11:34:51

bernarcher
Forum Fellow

alexandrite wrote:

Hilariously, these capchas have alt text that contains the content of the capcha, so that text browsers can log in...

Oh, yes. I forgot about that. Perhaps because it did seldom work here (well, I didn't try for quite some time now). And in most cases there surely was no alt text.

And, yes, it is hilarious. Anybody could use the alt text, especially those who are meant to be kept out by the captcha. Makes no sense to me altogether.

To know or not to know ...
... the questions remain forever.

Board footer