You are not logged in.

#1 2010-08-02 16:28:20

aeurielesn

[SOLVED] networkmanager fails at shudown

Hi guys,

I installed splashy and boot up with it works great but when i try to halt/reboot and it's stopping daemos splashy gets an error and kill itself getting back to text mode. By the way, I saw a "Stopping NetworkManager [FAIL]" before shutdown completes.

This is my daemons array of my rc.conf If It's any useful:

DAEMONS=(syslog-ng !network hal networkmanager netfs crond alsa ifplugd !mpd uinput)

Edit:

I'm using dwm and I tend to use Shift+Alt+Q to finish my user session.

Alexander.

Last edited by aeurielesn (2010-08-03 16:26:28)

#2 2010-08-02 16:47:07

Bregol

Re: [SOLVED] networkmanager fails at shudown

I would say that it is not splashy's fault - splashy kicks into the command line if something comes up with an error.  In this case, it looks like NetworkManager has a problem when shutting down, splashy gets the Fail message and so it switches to the text mode so you can see better what is going on.  So if you can figure out why NetworkManager is failing to stop itself properly, splashy won't have a reason to go to text mode.  If you start/stop NetworkManager from the command line, you can check to see if it is saying more than that it is just failing for some reason.

Nai haryuvalyë melwa rë

#3 2010-08-03 16:27:44

aeurielesn

Re: [SOLVED] networkmanager fails at shudown

Bregol wrote:

I would say that it is not splashy's fault - splashy kicks into the command line if something comes up with an error.  In this case, it looks like NetworkManager has a problem when shutting down, splashy gets the Fail message and so it switches to the text mode so you can see better what is going on.  So if you can figure out why NetworkManager is failing to stop itself properly, splashy won't have a reason to go to text mode.  If you start/stop NetworkManager from the command line, you can check to see if it is saying more than that it is just failing for some reason.

You were right.
I fixed the problem adding dbus before hal in the daemons array.
Alexander.

Board footer