You are not logged in.

#1 2010-08-02 21:27:28

Website

Slim messing up with keyboard,

Hi guys I have a really weird Issue. Just installed slim on my laptop (ASUS UL80VTA1) and installed gnome along with slim login manager. Everything works as expected except one thing (and very annoying). Slim is treating my keyboard as if I have pressed the function key at all times, so i cant get my password right, to solve this issue I have to ctrl+alt+F2 and hit Caps Lock TWICE, then change back to slim screen ans input my info.  How can I solve this weird problem?

cheers

Linux user #498977
With microsoft you get windows and gates, with linux you get the whole house!
My Blog about ArchLinux and other stuff

#2 2010-08-03 03:41:37

Proofrific

Re: Slim messing up with keyboard,

That's really weird.  It's acting as if the function key was pressed, but you need to press caps lock to turn it off?  Did you mean that it's acting as if caps lock was pressed?

Did you have this problem with gdm?

#3 2010-08-03 05:02:13

Website

Re: Slim messing up with keyboard,

Proofrific wrote:

That's really weird.  It's acting as if the function key was pressed, but you need to press caps lock to turn it off?  Did you mean that it's acting as if caps lock was pressed?

Did you have this problem with gdm?

Maybe I wasnt very clear about the problem. To get the problem fixed in slim I have to switch to VC2 for example (ctrl+alt+F2) and when im there hit the caps lock key twice so that keyboard becomes normal again. Problem occurs when slim loads. If slim doesnt load keyboard acts normal.

I tried with gdm and didnt have any problems.

Linux user #498977
With microsoft you get windows and gates, with linux you get the whole house!
My Blog about ArchLinux and other stuff

Board footer