You are not logged in.

#1 2010-08-09 09:15:52

bbc

USB Mouse freezes as GNOME starts

Hello,

I have just bought a new mouse to replace my old Wireless USB Logitech mouse which was perfectly supported by my system but I have a problem with my new one, a Roccat Kova (USB and driverless).

With GDM, my mouse works. Then I type my password and log in. GNOME is starting and my mouse is still working. But at the time the menu and task bars appear (GNOME is loaded), the cursor isn't movable anymore and others buttons don't work as well.
My mouse, which is driverless, should for example change LED colors when I press simultaneously two of its buttons. It doesn't in this situation. It is a complete freeze.

However, my USB keyboard still works and I can open up a console. Then I use a small script I've found on a blog (initially designed to make the MP3 player Sansa Fuze work with Linux) :

sudo rmmod ehci-hcd
sleep 1s
sudo modprobe ehci-hcd

Then every connected via USB is stopped and 10 seconds later, everything works, even my mouse.

That's it!

Here is an Xorg log : http://pastebin.com/3byrHv79
and the mouse section in /etc/X11/xorg.conf

Section "InputDevice"
    Identifier     "Mouse0"
    Driver         "mouse"
    Option         "Protocol" "usb"
    Option         "Device" "/dev/input/mice"
    Option         "ZAxisMapping" "4 5 6 7"
EndSection

#2 2010-08-10 06:51:21

bbc

Re: USB Mouse freezes as GNOME starts

Another detail : Once the script has rebooted USB support, you have to scroll with the wheel of the mouse to reactivate it.

Board footer