You are not logged in.

#1 2010-08-09 20:59:49

ajbader

arch32-light "bash: /usr/bin/pacman: No such file or directory"

I have been trying to set up a Arch32 Chroot going to some printer drivers that are strictly 32 bit, and I have come across my first road block.

I used the arch32-light pacakge: http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=37398. I saw a guide, but this helped be get past all that and did it for me.

I created the array in the rc.conf:  ARCH32MOUNT=('/proc'     '/proc/bus/usb'   '/dev'   '/dev/pts'   '/dev/shm' '/sys' '/tmp') Also I added the arch32d daemon to the daemons array. Pacman32 can install a few i686 programs, but a lot of cups dependences like libpng seem to be downloading as x86_64, even though the pacman32.conf and pacman.conf in the opt/arch32 say i686. So I installed pacman through pacman32, and it installed properly to /opt/arch32/usr/bin.

The problem is when I chroot (arch32), it can't see anything in the opt/arch32/usr/bin folder. When I try to run pacman, it gives me the error:  "bash: /usr/bin/pacman: No such file or directory" even though I can cd to it and see it in /usr/bin... but it won't run. I have been working on this problem for a few days now and no progress. Any suggestions? I am thinking of dumping arch32-light and just trying to set up my own arch32 chroot if I can't get it to work.

Board footer