You are not logged in.

#1 2010-08-13 09:26:14

archex

PulseAudio paths / config

Hello,
i can't get my headphones to work right with my VIA VT1708S
and therefore i try to optimize my paths config in  /usr/share/pulseaudio/alsa-mixer/paths/.
Thanks to the comments in analog-output.conf.common I think I already learned a lot about the paths config, but still one thing i can't figure out...

As I understand, there is always just one path file active (analog-output-headphones.conf in my case) which may .include other files (analog-output.conf.common).
But if I stick in my headphones, some alsa-mixer settings change, and i can't understand where this change is beeing configured.
How can i set a setting/path/... depending on whether headphones are sticked in or not?

Also I couldn't really find documentation on the whole paths story.
Whenever I google, i just find some ready-to-apply tipps, but no explanation why they work nor what they do,
is that the magic behind Linux?

I hope you can help me out.

#2 2010-08-13 09:51:58

ngoonee
Forum Fellow

Re: PulseAudio paths / config

Perhaps it may be more useful if you told us what it is exactly that you want to do. A question which is as app-specific as yours probably belongs on the pulseaudio mailing list.

Allan-Volunteer on the (topic being discussed) mailn lists. You never get the people who matters attention on the forums.
jasonwryan-Installing Arch is a measure of your literacy. Maintaining Arch is a measure of your diligence. Contributing to Arch is a measure of your competence.
Griemak-Bleeding edge, not bleeding flat. Edge denotes falls will occur from time to time. Bring your own parachute.

Board footer