You are not logged in.

#1 2010-08-14 13:53:29

lucak3

(s)mplayer and mp4 files

Hi to everyone
I have a minor but annoying problem with playing mp4 files on (s)mplayer: normally, if you use the controls to skip forward when you're near enough to the end, (s)mplayer should just exit, as expected behaviour. And it totally does on .avi or .mkv etc, but NOT on .mp4 ! It just jumps to the frames (even a minute) before the end. If i just wait, it exits normally.
I had latest mplayer from [extra], but tried even mplayer-vdpau-svn from AUR (as i have a NVIDIA card able to) and it does the same.
Searching the forum i found a "solution": setting the demuxer for mp4 as mov. It indeed make the "forced" ending work, but renders abysmally bad !
What to do?

The Linux philosophy is 'laugh in the face of danger'. Oops. Wrong one. 'Do it yourself'. That's it. - Linus Torvalds

#2 2010-08-14 13:56:35

wonder
Developer
Website

Re: (s)mplayer and mp4 files

mplayer from extra is the same as the one tried from aur but more out of date.

i suggest to report that issue upstream.

Give what you have. To someone, it may be better than you dare to think.

#3 2010-08-14 14:37:17

lucak3

I just got the latest svn (31961) compiled but it gave the same problem, but i couldn't find anything in the mailing list for users (http://archives.free.net.ph/list/mplayer-users.en.html).
So i sent an email there with all the details, but is it the correct place? Is there a better place for bug reports?

The Linux philosophy is 'laugh in the face of danger'. Oops. Wrong one. 'Do it yourself'. That's it. - Linus Torvalds

#4 2010-08-14 15:00:49

wonder
Developer
Website

Give what you have. To someone, it may be better than you dare to think.

#5 2010-08-14 15:07:19

lucak3

Thank you, i didn't see this one. Fortunately i got the right mailing list; what's more, i couldn't find anything related to my problem on mplayer Bugzilla.

Board footer